Need some script help

Slippery Jim

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Stern Dracula
I am currently modding Miownkhan's Stern Dracula, de-pimping and de-'ultra'ing it to be more like the real thing, Im not a fan of Ultra tables, especially re-creations. So far so good, I have got BAM and FizXLite working, and have corrected some errors that wasnt right for Dracula

But now I am out of my depth, way out of my depth!

Miownkhan used Martin Brunker's Stern Wild Fyre Script as the base for his Dracula. Whilst it is true the real machines shared the same roms, Dracula does a couple of things differently, for example the 4 Bank Drop targets dont need the ball to go over a trigger to reset, Dracula has X-Y-Z targets instead of Wild Fyres three saucers.

Now to my dilemma:
Both machines have a "Mystery Bonus Advance" on the outlane triggers, where the bonus is randomly advanced. In Martin's script, he linked it to the number of lights that are on on the four bank drop targets, so its not really a 'mystery' how much they will advance.

Ideally I would like a proper "random" advance, but I dont know how to do that. The real machine limits the advance to six advances, even with just six, you still have a good chance of getting a good bonus

So, I'm asking for help with the script.

It needs to randomly advance the bonus, but obviously not over the maximum of 20000, and also advance the bonus lights to the new total

It also needs to make a sound for three thousand points (that is easy, I can do that part) but also after the 3000 is scored. start the mystery advance and make a different sound to that of the 1000 points sound for each and every advance when advancing, the real machine advances quite quick, you can see this in action here
at 2:08

Attachments

• Stern_Dracula_fizXLite_BAM_v100.fpt
    3.7 MB · Views: 2
  • Stern_Dracula_fizXLite_BAM_v100.zip
    178.5 KB · Views: 3
Sorry, if I was a better coder I might be able to help.

First, I'm not a genius.
Second, Martin's script is good concerning the mystery bonus -> Dracula's manual
Third: I thing you have an add bonus subroutine, so call this subroutine x times depending of the lit symbols on the drop target bank (make a timer in order to have x ms between each bonus)
Fourth: make a music on channel y for your 3000 points score. Then
Sub FuturePinball_MusicFinished(y)
launch your addbonus (with a timer)
End Sub

Thanks Popotte, now I am feeling a little bit silly. I have owned a genuine Stern Dracula for the last twenty years (in my case an LAI Stern Dracula) and never noticed that in the manual (which I also have). I always assumed it was random and limited to six

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: paskite has left the room.
      Back