Nesting Birds

unclewilly

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
First post at PN. First Recreation. First flipperless. I've never posted here before because I usually do origional flippered tables. I hope this turns out good. Layed out table and stripped the script of unnessary code. Added the best images I could find(IPDB). Trying to figure out nail placement to keep the ball out of plungerlane. Wow this is harder than I thought. Probably start the scripting tonight. Any comments, suggestions, etc. are welcome and appreciated. Tiltjlp - Do you have a better image? I was using the image and the VP table to get nail placement but the image is poor quality and the VP table doesn't seem to have all the nails and may have an extra wall or 2. Any help is appreciated. Also would you be willing to test for me when the coding is done I only have the VP table to go from for playability and you may have a better Idea of how it is supposed to play?

Thanks
Unclewilly

P.S. Look Mom no flippers :lol: :wink: :)

Attachments

• nbtv.jpg
    nbtv.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 754
  • nb.jpg
    nb.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 768
A flipperless would be the last thing I would have expected of you. But john will be pleased.

Looks great, I really like the table graphic, but I haven't been too impressed with Future Pinballs kicker holes, but maybe the gobble holes are different. It's just too difficult to get the ball to fall in the holes in Future Pinball.

Looks rather interesting for a flipper-less table...will have to check it out!:)

bob said:
Looks great, I really like the table graphic, but I haven't been too impressed with Future Pinballs kicker holes, but maybe the gobble holes are different. It's just too difficult to get the ball to fall in the holes in Future Pinball.

Surprisingly the FP gobble holes are fairly decent . . . maybe the best feature in FP. Ballyhoo's gobble holes work just the way I think they should, and a lot better than VP handles them. Send the table along when you're ready for me to test it for you, Unclewilly.

John

Oh yea, I forgot about trying out gobble holes in Ballyhoo (does it still tilt?) I was remembering the holes in that King and Queens table.

bob said:
Oh yea, I forgot about trying out gobble holes in Ballyhoo (does it still tilt?) I was remembering the holes in that King and Queens table.

Yes sir, still tilts just like the real thing. Had to keep the tilt in, you know how Black is about authenticity. ;) I still don't thiuk too much of how nudging works in FP, but maybe that's because I'm used to VP.

John

Tiltjlp- I had a question about the VP table. Did you & patrick code the rules from the rule sheet or did you add some things? I just want to make sure I code this right. You have scoring based on lights, are there lights on the real thing?

I'll have to play it again to refresh my memory, since I haven't played it for a while. I'll send you an e-mail once I've played a few games.

John

Layout complete just coding now

This table looked like it would be so easy to recreate, WRONG.
The layout has been the bigest pain in the @#%. No dropable walls and the touchieness of the physics engine made getting the ball flow a real pain. It works fairly well now. All nails & Kickers are in place. Starting to code I dont think it will take long( :lol: ). The biggest problem is no invisible kickers so I am using diverters to clear balls from the table at game end. This might be the only hold up on the table, making this work correctly every time. I guess it can't be worse than the layout. I am going to make it optional, 10 balls(standard) or 7 balls(according to rulesheet). I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on the playfield art. I think I can hide the kickers with the proper texture, but cleaning up the playfield image is the problem. I used photoshop to sharpen the image as best I could but does any one have a suggestion aside from a complete redraw. Just in case, Is anyone an artist or have slight artistic ability and would want to attempt to redraw or clean this up for me. My graphic skills are slightly lacking.

Thanks for any help or suggestions
UncleWilly

Heres a screeny of the complete layout. I hope you can see the nails. The other screeny didn't have any nails yet.

Attachments

• nestingbirdsflayout.jpg
    nestingbirdsflayout.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 730
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Mauma is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back