New ActiveX Component for VBS Visual Pinball) and VB to come

regisma

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm announcing a new ActiveX component for VBS (Visual Pinball) and for VB to come soon.

This component integrate the logic used in PinMame-HW project and the electronics that we use will remain the same for now.

Mainly it will be feasible and easy to incorporate this AcviveX component into actual recreated VP mechanical pinball.

So if you want to make a dead mechanical pinball to reborn, this component will be able to drive the lamps / solenoids of the playfield and of the Backglass through the usual printer port and our custom electronics.

You need a PC that run at a speed more than 1.5 GigaHertz.

Or the ActiveX component can be used to drive your custom home made pinball that contain real pinball components.

The programming can be done either with Visual Basic or VBS (Visual Pinball).

I just need a bit more time to give you a good sample, write a bit some documentation and retest the program in order to make sure that the bugs are minimal.

thanks

Reg

It sounds interesting, although I don't really have a clue what all you're talking about. Good luck.

John

If you find a good bargain and you have a good plafield and baclglass with it's box in good shape but all the mechanics are either missing or too damaged to be operational.

This ActiveX component will allow you to make this pinball to reborn.

Let say by example you find a really cheap Bally Malibu Beach bingo Pinball but all the mechanics are missing or too in bad shape to make it work again.

As you know there is a recreation of this pinball available in your site.

So by just editing the source code in Visual Pinball and adding this ActiveX component, you can make this pinball work as new!

All the logic and the programming usually implemented through mechanics will be driven by your Pc.

Basically thats the concept.

REg

OK, now I understand what you're doing a bit better. Sounds like a nifty project.

John

Hi,

It's getting closer and closer to release the ActiveX component.

I have submitted to Brad O my last version of the ActiveX component, he will suggest me some modifications and after that we will be ready to release it.

I really hope that this ActiveX component will help to preserve some mechanical pinball to be trashed or dismantled in tiny parts.

Or if it can help an hobbyist that will like to make is own pinball to make his project come to life with this component.

thanks

Reg

Hi,

It's Ready!!!

Just use the PinMAMEHW-ActiveX.zip file provided and read the ActiveX_ReadMe.txt.

http://www.pinmame-hw.com/PinMAMEHW-ActiveX.zip

Please let me know of any bugs or suggestions to enhance this component.

I will optimize it a bit later and clean a lso a bit the source code of not needed portions of code.

Enjoy!

Reg

Sounds like a winner to me. Now where can I get an old pinball machine shell?

Hi, just a reminder in order to use correctly the new ActiveX component the following steps must be followed:

Have you register the ActiveX component as described in the ActiveX_ReadMe.txt document?

1. Register the PjtParIO3.ocx (the ActiveX component into windows), by doing the following:

1.1 Use the Start, Run and type regsvr32 c:\PinMAMEHW-ActiveX\PjtParIO3.ocx then click OK,
You should see that the DllServer have registered successfully the ocx (ActiveX component).

If not just click on the "Start" button of Windows, then choose the option "Run", and type the following command in the field:

regsvr32 c:\PinMAMEHW-ActiveX\PjtParIO3.ocx

Finally you use the "OK" button or the "Enter" key to launch the command. You should see that the ActiveX component have been successfully registered.

Then please retry to run the Melody VP demo.

Note : All the required files must be in the following folder:
c:\PinMAMEHW-ActiveX\

thanks

Regis

Hi,

Also do not forgot to copy the activeX component (PjtParIO3.ocx) into the c:\windows\system32 folder

thanks

Regis

Hi,

I have created a new batch file named RUN_ME_FIRST.bat that register the ActiveX component and copy it also into the C:\windows\System32 folder.

The zip have been updated and reuploaded onto the PinMAme-HW website.

Reg

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "Complete list of VB commands".
      Back