JonPurpleHaze

Site Nudger
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Drop-A-Card
This week the Cincinatti Bengals host "my" Minnesota Vikings, the Vikings fight song is much better than the Bengals on Patricks NFL Table!
http://www.pinballnirvana.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=829

Some history?
My favorite team has always been the Vikes, I've seen them play in 7 different states, Minnesota has not been one of them...

I've been in Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Cinci, I had stuff thrown at me in Cinci during a pre-season game.., back when they started to be lousy, again....
I think the Bengals have a 50/50 chance to win this game and are much improved over the last few decades...
wake-up.gif

Intended to rile Bengals fans... :D

Bah. damn Bungles.

BTW....

can you refresh my memory about when the vikings last won a championship. 1970? :tongue:

nfl_pittsburgh_steelers.gif

edited can't spell this morning yoi!

JonPurpleHaze said:
This week the Cincinatti Bengals host "my" Minnesota Vikings, the Vikings fight song is much better than the Bengals on Patricks NFL Table!
http://www.pinballnirvana.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=829

Some history?
My favorite team has always been the Vikes, I've seen them play in 7 different states, Minnesota has not been one of them...

I've been in Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Cinci, I had stuff thrown at me in Cinci during a pre-season game.., back when they started to be lousy, again....
I think the Bengals have a 50/50 chance to win this game and are much improved over the last few decades...
wake-up.gif

Intended to rile Bengals fans... :D

Sorry Jon, but it's been years since I followed football or was a Bungles fan. A group of us got season tickets when they first started, even got to go to the new stadium and hand-pick our seats, but it's been a long time since I turned my tickets in. Mike Brown has ruined the Bungles, and should have been disowned by his father Paul.

How long ago did you have stuff thrown at you here? I thought they only did that to Browns fans. Too bad I'm not a Bungles fan or we could have fun razzin' each other. Now if the Orangeman ever go up against my beloved Xavier Musketeers, you can expect some major league Trash Talking then Jon.

John . . . XU is #1

Matthew said:
Bah. damn Bungles.

BTW....

can you refresh my memory about when the vikings last won a championship. 1970? :tongue:

edited can't spell this morning yoi!

The last time the Vikes won a championship was 1969, before the super bowl stuff, The Vikings shocked the football world when they entered the nfl in 1961 they beat the defending NFL Champion Bears on opening day..

I've been to many games at Three Rivers Stadium, Last time i was there the Steelers were undefeated @ home, it was freezing in late december, The Vikings beat the Steelers 6 to 3....

vike2.gif

Well, fan or not, I'd root for the Vikings before I would ever root for the Pittsburg Thugs. Sounds like you're a Vikings groupie Jon. And Matthew, I don't hold your home town against against you, maybe it's not your fault.:p Sad thing is that both the Panthers and the OrangeBoys will probably outclass XU this year. But if everything clicks, the real Big Blue might surprise a lot of folks.

Hey Jon, do you play Cincinnati this season? Could be interesting without Huggins coaching UC. My blood doesn't flow, it dribbles.

John

tiltjlp said:
Well, fan or not, I'd root for the Vikings before I would ever root for the Pittsburg Thugs. Sounds like you're a Vikings groupie Jon. And Matthew, I don't hold your home town against against you, maybe it's not your fault.:p Sad thing is that both the Panthers and the OrangeBoys will probably outclass XU this year. But if everything clicks, the real Big Blue might surprise a lot of folks.

Hey Jon, do you play Cincinnati this season? Could be interesting without Huggins coaching UC. My blood doesn't flow, it dribbles.

John

I don't follow the Panthers that much. More of a "fair weather" fan for them. But I do see that the new coach, Dave Wannstedt, they hired during the off season is doing the same thing he did in Chicago & Miami....Losing :D

Well, I watched the Bungles-Vikings game today, the first one I've seen in years. I have no idea if the Bungles are that good, or the Viking are that bad. Knowing how passionate you are about the Vikings Jon, I hope they improve. I was impressed with the Bungles but no, I don't plan on watching them every week. And no I'm not going to bash the Vikings, since football isn't my thing.

Now if by any chance the Orangemen and the Musketeers should hook up in the NCAA tournament, then be prepared for some serious trash talk. That's the great ting about sports, under the right circumstances we can go round and round and still remain friends. Why is it taking so dang long for Hoop Time to get here? I'm already dreaming about Midnight Madness.

John

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Isaac Sauvage has posted a new reply in the thread "(mis)Adventures in Cooking".
      Back