Official Submission Thread

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
Use this thread to submit images for our volunteers to help improve.

I'll be the first. I'd appreciate it is someone would flatten the attached imagefor me. I wish I could, but my mouse hand shakes, and I keep skewing the image worse than it already is. You'll need to either send it back to me as a PM attachment of by email, since I can't view attachments here. Thanks for whatever you can do.

Attachments

• natlpinpilot.jpg
    natlpinpilot.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,043
shiva said:
came out a bit dark that.

Oops, sorry I did darken it a bit, sharpen and strech it to 1024x1024, which VP seems to render better.

Here's the original. Both images are in the zip.

qnjpqd.jpg

bob said:
Ruckage, I think I see how you did it, you took 1 scale of notes or a section of 7 white keys and just edited them and copied and pasted 8 of them around a circle. Cool! Thanks again! I have to remember to think outside the box.... :)

More or less. There were several more steps though to make it look right.

I started with the section of 7 white keys and used the perspective tool on them to get the right shape. I then duplicated this layer and rotated it repeatedly until I had formed a decagon. This was obviously very angular so I flattened them down and put a circular selction around the outide - inverted it and removed the corners of the shape - I repeated this for the inside. This made the donut shape but it still looked wrong because all of the black keys still have there hard edge defining the decagon. I dulicated this new layer and scaled it by 10%. I then put a circular selection around the balck key - inverted it and removed the excess to give a nice round edge to those to. This made the shadows look all wrong though so duplicated this layer. I then sellected all the white keys in the lower layer - and deleted them then used a gausian blur to create a new soft shadow. On the upper layer I just deleted the whitekeys to leave the balck key on there own. for the finnishing touch I just put a black edge arround it.

Phew not sure anyone will follow that but there you go.

Looks good on the table.

Amazing stuff you all are doing. Thanks to everyone involved with Chicago Express.

2 images to flatten if possible

I just found images of two games I'd like to eventually make, that is if anyone can flatten either of the images for me. The first image is of a commercial coin-op bagatelle, which should make an interesting project. But the 2nd image is the one I'm really interested in, enough to try redrawing the playfield myself. It's fro, 1901 by Caille Brothers, and is Little Manhatten, and made from painted cast iron. I still have problems viewing attachements, and if I can't view them I can't save them, so if you would zip them and either post the zip here, or PM me the zip, that would be great. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Attachments

• littlemanhattan1.jpg
    littlemanhattan1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 683
  • flappermigs.jpg
    flappermigs.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 693
Too small I think. I'll do it tonight and see if you could use it. It may just be a good enough start for a re-draw.

Thanks, anything would be an improvement. I just hate the idea of not being able to make a rare century old table because of a lousy image. Too bad we can't educate the world how to take pinball pictures to fit our needs.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze: Ok, keep in touch!
      Back