PDF files to txt?

kristian

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
I'd like to add Warlok full instructions to the table info section and they're accessible in Warlok manual, which of course is in pdf format. I downloaded Solid Converter from the Net but it requires regustration/crack. I didn't bother.

Is there any freeware program that just can translate the damn files to txt? I only need it to plain text, Acrobat reader doesn't have this option I guess...

I have Adobe Reader and it has an option under File to convert to Text.

I have that option too, but it's not accessible when I open any of the pinball manuals. See:

Attachments

• adobe.jpg
    adobe.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 679
Yop need the full (as in very expensive) version of acrobat to do that, and even then, it's a major pain in the butt. there is a pdf to text program out, but it's retail. :(

Oh, I couldn't do it for you, some idiot decided to encypt the file, so neither my html or text convertors will work. Html will just display them as images anyway.

Ugh. That really stinks that they encrypted it. :(

Perhaps you could take a screen shot, then run it through a OCR (optical character recognization) program, scanner software.

well, I could do them up as image files in a htm page, problem is there's no site to post them at.

even VPO is down right now. Ugh.

I sure hope we're not next on somebody's hit list.

tiltjlp

Isn't this just unbelievable?
John, where are you, I got in finally. :)

Thanks for trying to help Shiva. I think I'll just type it in manually, probably the easiest solution. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back