Penguin's new kitten photos for John

penguin66

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Ok John, here are some cat photos for you:

Little Guy is the cat that I lost in April of this year to kidney failure. She was my 13 year old baby. :(

Panther is my 3 year old social butterfly. He loves everyone.

Casper is my new baby. We got him from the humane society on the 5th of December. He was maybe 2 months old at the time. He's already gotten us wrapped around his paw.

Lilith is the elder stateswoman of the house right now. She's 5 and has been crying for a kitten (carrying around a stuffed animal and crying) since Little Guy died.

Since I'm limited to 3 attachments, I'll post a photo of Lilith in my next message.

Attachments

• dsc01864.jpg
    dsc01864.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 627
  • dsc00766.jpg
    dsc00766.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 633
  • littleguy01227image002.jpg
    littleguy01227image002.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 655
Lilith photo for John

Here is Lilith's photo. She is a very sweet and loving cat, but only to people she wants to trust. She won't have anything to do with anyone she doesn't trust.

Attachments

• lilith_in_sun.jpg
    lilith_in_sun.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 643
  • lilith_2_april_22_2002.jpg
    lilith_2_april_22_2002.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 647
Thanks Penquin, they all looks adorable, especially Casper. I wish I could get a kitten, but no pets are allowed in the apartment, and I got this place so I wouldn't be tempted. While it would be nice, it's easier for me without the added chores of cat ownership.

I'm sure you still miss Little Guy a lot, my Sarah Lee, who's image is my avatar, will be gone two years Feburary 7th, and I have nine years of wonderful memories with her. Losing her was rough, but I knew it was the best thing, since I'm sure the cancer she had beat 7 years earlier had come back.

What was hard for me was giving away my other three cats when my father died ten years ago. I sold his house and moved to an apartment, and could only keep one of the girls. I must have changed my mind on which one to keep dozens of times. And as hard as it was to get rid of the other ones, Sarah Lee proved to me that I have made the right choice. Give them all belly rubs for me.

John :oldman

John, the cats say thanks for the belly rubs. I even gave them some ear-scratchies for you.

I do still miss Little Guy, just like I know you miss Sarah Lee. I don't know that I could have picked a single cat like you had to do. Each of the cats I've ever had has had at least one quality that would have made them an outstanding choice.

The one thing that I have strong feelings on is making sure that my cats are spayed and/or neutered because I don't want to add to the unwanted cat population. Only one of the cats I've ever had (Panther) has not been either from a shelter or a stray. I think they make the best companions anyway.

I like cats who like people, no matter who they are. I've met a lot of them. Cats who like everyone are adorable, and just plain cute!

Lilith is adorable! Was Little guy friendly? Panther is so adorable with those BIG eyes. I bet casper is a sweetie pie.

My wife (she who must be obeyed!), requested that I post a pic or two of our furball. The cat's name is Misty. We got Misty about 10 years ago this week as one of a dumped litter of six.

Two or three weeks prior to getting Misty we had lost our cat, a russian blue / ferral that was born under our house five years before. She was a strange one. As she was part ferral (her mother) she had a split personality. Her eyes would roll back in her head a bit and then it was a case of stand clear or bear the injury. Smokey was allowed to go outside for a run regularly. Unfortunately one day a new neighbour thought it was a great idea to feed it to their rottweiler/pig dog.

My wife was pretty upset and I said no to more pets. The Kindergarten kids she taught had different ideas and one of them brought in from their farm (what became) Misty and her siblings for 'show and tell' and also looking for homes for them.

My wife rang me up at work and pleaded to keep the cat, which I steadfastly refused for about five or six attempts where I said "Do what you bloody well like - you will anyway" and this is what we ended up with. This cat stays indoors except when visiting the V.E.T.

Here is our 10 year old - Misty.

Attachments

• misty_small.jpg
    misty_small.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 615
  • misty_small2.jpg
    misty_small2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 607
vpin_2000 said:
Lilith is adorable! Was Little guy friendly? Panther is so adorable with those BIG eyes. I bet casper is a sweetie pie.

Vpin- I agree with you on my kitties. Little Guy was a feral cat, so wasn't friendly to most people until she warmed up to them. Once she warmed up to you, she was very friendly. Casper is a sweetie, and has a real purr motor. He'll jump up on the bed in the middle of the night, plop down beside your head and begin to purr. That will wake you up right away :wink:

Hey Panda, Misty is a very pretty one. She looks like she loves to accessorize all your clothing, since no outfit is complete without cat hair.

Panda, I just knew there was something socially redeeming about you son. Misty seems to have taken a shine to you. And Vpin, I agree, people who like cats seem a bit nicer in some ways. And Penquin, you're right on about spaying and neutering all pets, not just cats. I'm not even real keen on breeders, since every cat or dog we ever had came from a shelter of some sort. Thanks for all the pix, I really enjoy seeing them all. And yes, choosing just one of thje cats to keep was the hardest decision I ever had to make.

John

Well, I figured I'd better show a picture of my 1st cat, Sugie. She was bossy as could be, but very sweet and very devoted to me. She slept in the crook of my arm under the blankets every night, and although she'd get up and prowl once I fell asleep, she was always there in the morning. The second picture is on Henry The Wonder Dog, long departed pooch of my friend Patsy, and that is only one of his many outfits.

Also, since we all like to treat our pets as if they're human, i'll post some pix Patsy sent me tonight.

John :oldman

Attachments

• image001_211.jpg
    image001_211.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 560
  • henry.jpg
    henry.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 589
  • sugie.jpg
    sugie.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 577
More

Attachments

• image002_161.jpg
    image002_161.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 563
  • image003_193.jpg
    image003_193.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 575
  • image004_992.jpg
    image004_992.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 565
Still lots more

Attachments

• image005_130.jpg
    image005_130.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 555
  • image006_183.jpg
    image006_183.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 569
  • image007_102.jpg
    image007_102.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 572
Only six more

Attachments

• image008.jpg
    image008.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 569
  • image009.jpg
    image009.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 563
  • image010.jpg
    image010.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 565
The last three. Pretty funny stuff, huh? Well, the last three didn't attach, so I guess I'm over my limit.

John

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Wolfkell is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back