• When uploading, please add the maker and year after the game title.
    For example: Addams Family (Midway, 1992)

Pinball FX Backglasses for a widescreen monitor

Hello, my name is Debbie Downer...
Hi Debbie Downer, aloha and welcome!
Alright alright, settle down kids. Please.

Now I love Bob, and Bob's work,
but Charles & I did put in a butt-load of time,
getting all the titles and sources right in MEDIA,
to make it easier for users to look up, download, enjoy.

Now back when I was staff, I even added a popup
for those adding media-- it used to advise (IIRC)
"please title your work TABLE, STUDIO, DATE."

@bob, you beloved rascal, you! :D
Not for sure, but maybe they are numbered and named this way, for them to work with FX?
Check first post and you can see where bob says this...

The file names are the table names you need to use in Pinball FX for the image to work, rather than the table name, so you can just place them in the correct FX folder without renaming them, but this does make finding a particular backglass here more difficult.

Otherwise I would have already added NAME, MANUFACTURER, DATE to file name.

Not for sure, but maybe they are numbered and named this way, for them to work with FX?
Check first post and you can see where bob says this...

The file names are the table names you need to use in Pinball FX for the image to work, rather than the table name, so you can just place them in the correct FX folder without renaming them, but this does make finding a particular backglass here more difficult.

Otherwise I would have already added NAME, MANUFACTURER, DATE to file name.
Right... yeah you're not wrong, matey.
Still, though, is that really the best way for users to most easily find PN's media's content?

Not to mention, there's no relevant notes there to suggest that 'this is a special series?'
Like... are users supposed to be huge Harry Potter fans or something? (lol)

See-- this is why simply going with "TABLE, MANU & DATE" solves so many potential problems, or am I wrong..?

Still, though, is that really the best way for users to most easily find PN's media's content?

Not to mention, there's no relevant notes there to suggest that 'this is a special series?'

See-- this is why simply going with "TABLE, MANU & DATE" solves so many potential problems, or am I wrong..?

Actually I can convert the Title name, as the file name is what is needed to be named "Table_XXX", to work with Pinball FX.
I already have converted Pinball_Toms Title names.

@bob New mega PC online, WIP... my budget connection is sad...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-31 132658.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-31 132658.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 27

All media items are labeled correctly now.
Carry on.

Hello, my name is Debbie Downer...
Hi Debbie Downer, aloha and welcome!
Alright alright, settle down kids. Please.

Now I love Bob, and Bob's work,
but Charles & I did put in a butt-load of time,
getting all the titles and sources right in MEDIA,
to make it easier for users to look up, download, enjoy.

Now back when I was staff, I even added a popup
for those adding media-- it used to advise (IIRC)
"please title your work TABLE, STUDIO, DATE."

@bob, you beloved rascal, you! :D
Nic, I want people to find this thread, then all the backglasses are here. I am thinking more of a Google search rather than a PN search. Try googling for Spider-man Zen pinball FX backglass and it will lead you to this thread. Google for Zen pinball FX backglass and it will also lead you to this thread. Now if someone does discover this thread, they won't have to rename 100 image files.

I also didn't realize these files would be added to the PB media section. They probably don't belong in the media section as it would be confusing for VP or FP users.

@bob New mega PC online, WIP... my budget connection is sad...
Did you finish the download? I think I get 300mbps. I also couldn't find user xsrobertson to friend.

Hi Isaac, appreciate your comment, glad you like the uploads. I prefer caramel syrup on top but happy to have strawberry for a change as long as it's on vanilla!

I went back to look at the images and looks like they are labeled with table, manufacturer and date already. I looked at the tags and looks like maybe these aren't all set up. Do you agree that editing the tags would be the way to make my uploads easier to find? I will soon do this anyway but wanted to make sure I get this right.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,

Tom

I also didn't realize these files would be added to the PB media section. They probably don't belong in the media section as it would be confusing for VP or FP users.

In the Pinball Machine Images section, (Where you posted your topic), If you hover your mouse over any of the categories in this section, it shows a message advising that images uploaded here, will be automatically mirrored into our Media section.
Untitled.png

In the Pinball Machine Images section, (Where you posted your topic), If you hover your mouse over any of the categories in this section, it shows a message advising that images uploaded here, will be automatically mirrored into our Media section.View attachment 40822
I didn't really know where to post them. I noticed I posted the Pinball M backglasses in a different forum too, so I then just added them to this thread. I'm just happy that PN will host them for people to use.

I didn't really know where to post them. I noticed I posted the Pinball M backglasses in a different forum too, so I then just added them to this thread. I'm just happy that PN will host them for people to use.
They are fine right where you posted them.
I only altered the Title names in the Media section.
If they are downloaded from there, the file name will still be Table_XXX, like the original.
I also added "bobs backglass collection" tag on all of them.
There is also a link back to this original post, on all of the ones in Media section.

I also couldn't find user xsrobertson to friend.

*Edited to correct steam name...

It is actually stevoz4, though I recall seeing something saying I have to spend at least $5 before I can add friends. So me having Scottish heritage we maybe estranged until I can find something worthy of loosening those sporan strings. 💰

Last edited:
*Edited to correct steam name...

It is actually stevoz4, though I recall seeing something saying I have to spend at least $5 before I can add friends. So me having Scottish heritage we maybe estranged until I can find something worthy of loosening those sporan strings. 💰
Maybe you'll like the Pinball M enough to buy it. What did you think of the Demo?

What did you think of the Demo?

Graphics look great at 2560x1440, not entirely convinced about the aiming and physics. Tried 4 tables 3 were wide screen fantasy tables, which felt kind of too wide, also tried Fish Tales, that seemed too narrow. Goldilocks syndrome perhaps, do the fx2 and/or fx3 have improved physics?

Graphics look great at 2560x1440, not entirely convinced about the aiming and physics. Tried 4 tables 3 were wide screen fantasy tables, which felt kind of too wide, also tried Fish Tales, that seemed too narrow. Goldilocks syndrome perhaps, do the fx2 and/or fx3 have improved physics?
Pinball FX is the newest, very dumb of them to not use FX4. Here's what I think of the physics, if you only play 1 pinball game you are fine with how they play. I remember only playing FP for a few months and I liked it.... Same with VP. I guess it just take time to get use to each games physics. Some people prefer FX2 and FX3's physics, but I like the new FX and think it's better, but I play enough to get use to any physics.

BTW, I had to google your "sporan strings" to know what you were referring to. Holy crap, you need more emojis! :rasta:

BTW, I had to google your "sporan strings" to know what you were referring to. Holy crap, you need more emojis! :rasta:

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks. :dog:

Nic, I want people to find this thread, then all the backglasses are here. I am thinking more of a Google search rather than a PN search. Try googling for Spider-man Zen pinball FX backglass and it will lead you to this thread. Google for Zen pinball FX backglass and it will also lead you to this thread. Now if someone does discover this thread, they won't have to rename 100 image files.

Bob, thanks for clarifying.
I'm thinking that both things can be true for multiple 'finding' attempts, both in-site and out-site.

For example, when posted directly to media, the PN naming convention is probably best applied.
But when doing so, that doesn't mean one can't also add a short descriptor stating "Spider-man Zen pinball FX backglass" so that Googlers can also find the media.

In any case, thanks so much for your gracious sharing of these works(!)

And yes, I can be a little anal about the naming stuff, as I put a tonne of work across a few years getting things named correctly, and both upgrading a tonne of backglasses and poaching the best I could find across the internet. :p

Thanks also to Charles (XenonPH) for being such a badass about reformatting the naming for the media section just now. Once again saving the day. :D <3

Btw, regarding this section-- I'm not a fan of it in the slightest due to the unnecessary overlap with Media, and then the possibility for dozens of media submissions created from one post here to be instantly deleted in a single blow if the poster later deletes said post.

Oh well, there's always something to bitch about, which I recall as Emily Litella's go-to phrase. (RIP Gilda)

Hi Isaac, appreciate your comment, glad you like the uploads. I prefer caramel syrup on top but happy to have strawberry for a change as long as it's on vanilla!

I went back to look at the images and looks like they are labeled with table, manufacturer and date already. I looked at the tags and looks like maybe these aren't all set up. Do you agree that editing the tags would be the way to make my uploads easier to find? I will soon do this anyway but wanted to make sure I get this right.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,

Tom
Hi Tom,
It may be that they're correctly formatted now because XenonPH took care of it?

TBH I'm getting older now and I've had a 'brain fog' disease for a long time now, so possibly I'm mis-recollecting or misunderstanding the original situation.

"Tags" are an interesting thing, tho.
When you click on one, everything tagged similarly will show up.

I personally tend to doubt how useful it is for super-broad categories, like manufacturer, but I reckon when tagged by era (like 1960's / 1940's) or theme, or maybe some kind of specialty feature, it can be hugely useful.

Backglasses for example, I think it would be kind of cool to tag in a way that would indicate how useful the art-quality would be for in-table art, or for producing a final physical piece, or whether it clearly needed more PhotoShop / GIMP work.

Dunno if you saw from a couple weeks ago, but we helped a guy recently find the highest-quality backglass art available across the scene in order for him to reconstruct a backglass for his actual machine. I thought it was a pretty cool "yay team" kind of moment!

Hi Isaac,

Hey I'm already old, had to get there so I could retire and do other things... like VP. Yea! Two of my favorite things in this work are art and computers... thank heavens my work career prepared me for the computer part. I would love to create an original game and have created some simple VPX games, but not ready for prime time.

Thanks XenonPH!!!, appreciate you relabeling my media, WOW you do a lot. You are the man.

Now I know how to label... More to come, I love putting this stuff together.

Tom

@Pinball_Tom, Sounds about right, matey.
Oh gosh, and there's more to come?!
Tom, you brilliant fool, that sounds awe-some! :-)

Ooh hey-- speaking on Charles, is not your avatar sort of looking like...
Hmm, what's that cool C64 game he loves?

Hint: it was published by the original EA, I think around the mid to late-80's.

I've found plenty of posts online about table numbers and backglass images. However, I am missing five FX3-only tables that I cannot find table numbers for. I cannot find table numbers for Bethesda Pinball: DOOM, Bethesda Pinball: Fallout, Bethesda Pinball: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Portal, or The Walking Dead Pinball. Does anyone have any idea what the correct table numbers for any of these tables are?

Here'a a list of FX3 tables....

I don't see those tables listed. I only have the latest version of Pinball FX installed anymore. If you have 2 monitors and you load one of those tables, doesn't the backglass monitor tell you the table number on the screen?

These particular tables are a few of the FX3 exclusive tables. They've never been ported to FX and, as much as I'd like them to be, because of likely licensing issues, I doubt that they ever will be.

Since I posted this, I've been told that FX3 uses table names to makeup the backglass filename, not table numbers.

I'll try putting FX3 into cabinet mode and see what filename it says is missing.

Thanks!

love these would love to see 1280x1024 versions for my 19 inch

love these would love to see 1280x1024 versions for my 19 inch
A simple pic editing program like GIMP, can help you scale these to whatever size you need.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    Deeznutsnmuth has left the room.
    mbr has left the room.
    Ylliem has left the room.
    Rui3 has left the room.
    baliw has left the room.
    losthighway76 has left the room.
    Totevski72 has left the room.
    joeuro has left the room.
    oettmane has left the room.
    charly_ey has left the room.
    j24sailr has left the room.
    dwood has left the room.
    gregonitov has left the room.
    Drogo has left the room.
    SmashXD has left the room.
    mrdarc has left the room.
    butterface5000 has left the room.
    Pinheads has left the room.
    helptv has left the room.
    joeboxer has left the room.
    Auleric has left the room.
    vizzone has left the room.
    Develop has left the room.
    Krusty104 has left the room.
    grh450 has left the room.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: grh450 has left the room.
      Back