SS Pinball Magic (Capcom, 1995) problem

Solid State Machines
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Pinball magic
Im going out today to find someone to fix my pinball magic capcom. Blew my garage breaker and now the display is gone still plays fine. What happened ? I have only worked on old machines line space time.

No Blown Fuses?

That is a weird one. I wonder how a pinball machine could draw enough current to trip a breaker without blowing one or more of the 15 fuses in that game ? Looks like most of them have LED's to show they are working.You know your Line fuse must be good. It's 5 amps. should a gone before your breaker. maybe you do have have a blown fuse . Your game has a separate power board and a fuse for dot matrix display. Hope it's something simple...C_S
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/3596/Capcom_1995_Pinball_Magic_Manual.pdf

HO HO HO MERRY CHRISTMAS

the garage circuit in your house is not the best place for your machine because usually all the outside christmas lights will connect to the garage circuit. with the addition of a pinball problem the total amp draw could trip the breaker. in some states garages and outside recepticles are protected by a ground fault device that makes the circuit even more sensitive to shorts.

you DO have a three prong plug for it yes? I have worked on more pins then I care to admit
that have blown out breakers all due to the locations snapping off the grounding plugs
to fit into an extension cord not thinking that they are there to protect the pin itself!
and extension cords ain't the safest place to plug a pin into since they
tend not to have fuses or breakers in them to protect against power spikes or voltage drops

Power Line Transients ?

you DO have a three prong plug for it yes? I have worked on more pins then I care to admit
that have blown out breakers all due to the locations snapping off the grounding plugs
to fit into an extension cord not thinking that they are there to protect the pin itself!
and extension cords ain't the safest place to plug a pin into since they
tend not to have fuses or breakers in them to protect against power spikes or voltage drops
I was wondering about a surge or spike too :hmm1:Hey 'Yosemitepinbal' do you think it was your game or something else that tripped your breaker?

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back