JonPurpleHaze

Site Nudger
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Drop-A-Card
2023 update, We have a new donation system that automatically adds the donator to the Site Supporter user group and allows Stripe and Paypal payments. It also allows anonymous donations. The link is in the Navigation menu at the top right:
Donations

Donators help to keep the site active and are added to the Site Supporters User Group.
Contact Us if you have any problems.
Thank You!
:salut: :pinball:

(Pre 2023 Content)
I was recently reminded that the Pinball Nirvana Donations link disappeared from the site when we had to remove the front page.
Here's a new link and a QR image.

Paypal Pinball Nirvana Donation Link

I'd like to Thank All of the site supporters, it covers folks that have ever made donations to the site in the past dozen years and sometimes folks are just added due to their help with the site, in the Site Supporters User Group the Users have a green banner associated with them.
Thank You All!

Attachments

• paypalQR Code.png
    paypalQR Code.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Uhhhh... there was a donation link? Well, I feel kinda dumb right now. Yes, please let us know when that's back up and running.

my paypal acct got closed a few years ago.

when i manage to get off this couch (i threw my back out a couple days ago ) i'll pull out a CC and get that sorted.
cheers.

Jon, how do I know if you received it?

Jon, you should be purple or even gold.

PN is back and the donations stop coming???
Okay. Your dog ate your wallet or something.

I note that Jon rarely asks for donations. But I would.

I did what I could, I know it's not much. Thanks Jon for all your hard work.:special:

Looks like the site is going to be staying for a while. :)

I also discovered that 100 dollars CDN doesn't go as far as it use to. ;)

I know a lot of people don't care at the other forum (couldn't even mention it, could we?) but the site's value is in how the people view it, not by how many. Should be a upgrade here pretty soon, so no one panic. :)

Jon, you should be purple or even gold.

He's a admin, and there's no color set to that, but it overrides every other setting. So am I actually (forgot about that one totally, I've filled in for him a couple times) but I am pretty sure everyone will get their pretty colors when the update happens.

It doesn't have to be much Itchigo, and you know, I haven't had the money myself.
All it takes is that little bit from you or me, and get more people to do it.

What about a mail address for those of us who don't have a bank account or who don't trust online money transfers? Did that work out for the old forums at all?

Just got my new job yesterday, hopefully that means PN and Rogue will be around for a while. After all, SOMEONE has to fight the forces of evil....
Bat-Out-of-Hell-1-2-3-meatloaf-19016758-500-500.jpg

Meatloaf is Still Alive! He performed at a local venue last Summer.

I know he is. That was just the image that came to mind when I made that statement.

Itchy, you read the weirdest romance books! I wasn't even aware that Meatloaf was writing them! :D

I am already on Site Supporters User Group, but, as a pinball player, I have to admit than a Same Player Shoot Again is not a shame!
Donation sent.

Thank you @popotte, you have been in the Site Supporters group for a long time due to your contributions to the site over the years, it's much appreciated.

I updated the original post in this thread earlier today after receiving a donation from @AnonTet. He was able to use the QR code image, I had only tested it once since it was added last year, I'm lousy with phones....

I wanted to list all of the other users that have donated in the past 12 months:
@scampa123
@PinHead76
@ww68
@Gin

Thank you All!

I should have mentioned that there is a normal paypal link in the first post but I really don't know much about remaining anonymous with them, I found a recent article about this stuff: https://cybernews.com/resources/the-ultimate-guide-to-safe-and-anonymous-online-payment-methods/#PayPal (The Ultimate Guide to Anonymous Online Payment Methods | CyberNews)

About Pinball Nirvana, I've been hesitant about mentioning Users that have donated because some in the past might have wanted to remain anonymous. Anyone listed above can send me a conversation if they wish to be removed from the listing.

When XenForo was installed a little over a year ago, there were many different donation add-ons that could be purchased and installed, I believe some of them allowed users an option to remain anonymous on the site. I'll take another look and see if this simple link system should be replaced.

Some history. My first donation was not done (directly) by me. When defunct shivaSite closed, we (supporting members) received a mail in order to warn us and (sic) I will ask that the donations be split in half, and donated to 2 other sites so they can use it for server costs, upgrades and license fees.
I don't retrieve the mail, but I'm sure PN was one of the two.
But I have the (long) original post from Paul...
The virtual pinball community is unfortunately made up of many (great) dead sites.

Just donated to this awesome site. Forever Pinball

Just an FYI that after payment is made via Paypal, the Paypal redirector goes to a 404 page https://pinballnirvana.com/payment_callback.php?tx=<snip>&st=Completed&amt=25.00&cc=USD&cm=&item_number=&item_name=Pinball%20Nirvana

(note I removed the tx code in case there was some secret sauce there)

Last edited:
Jon;

Once I get my SSD you'll receive a donation from me. As of right now I'm completely broke but just FYI from me and thank you for all you do sir. You've been a good friend along with Ike Savage.

I so much appreciate all the work you have done to keep this site alive. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

-d

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Wolfkell is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back