Playboy se

For Firepower? Okay, have to see the code, off the top of my head, I would say disabling the timer would switch off the reels, and then changing the reel image to the blank display would be how to do it. then set the .hidden code value as a variable to 0. Right?
I already had everything adjusted in the main graphic, so just match it as black. Since I don't have the reel problem, or know anyone that does, better to err on the side of caution.
Thanks, interesting learning experience, never coded a VPM script till 3 months ago. If I can get it done at the progress speed so far, depending on Christmas, maybe be out a bit sooner than Feb. Sure a lot faster than coding in straight VP.

Seems like your getting along fine, shiva!
It is a LOT faster then having to code everytihng yourself. :) There are things to like about VPM. ;)

Kurt

well, I do learn fast, but sometimes, by not learning things, I do come up with unique solutions to problems...
Sure beats 10 months of scripting work, and then not having to worry about things, as everything is already set, even rules. Real nice, people can't bitch if they don't like something, because it's Bally's fault then, besides, if they don't like it, then they don't have to play it then. :)

shiva said:
well, I do learn fast, but sometimes, by not learning things, I do come up with unique solutions to problems...
Sure beats 10 months of scripting work, and then not having to worry about things, as everything is already set, even rules. Real nice, people can't bitch if they don't like something, because it's Bally's fault then, besides, if they don't like it, then they don't have to play it then. :)

I'll have to remember to bitch about something when it's released, just for the heck of it. :p If you can't pick on friends who can you pick on?

John

Fair enough, just remember that I can give just as well as receive. :)

Doing lights (using the light object instead of drop walls) but it's also Kid weekend (weird, after all that time of not seeing him) so the computer will be tied up a bit with Mario Bros. and gba game playing.
In case I pull another disappearance on everyone again, I wish everyone and their families a great Holidays.

Well the pink hue looks awesome Shiva, and it's my favorite color. Looking forward to how your table works out!:)

shiva said:
Fair enough, just remember that I can give just as well as receive. :)

Doing lights (using the light object instead of drop walls) but it's also Kid weekend (weird, after all that time of not seeing him) so the computer will be tied up a bit with Mario Bros. and gba game playing.
In case I pull another disappearance on everyone again, I wish everyone and their families a great Holidays.

Glad to hear you have your son this weekend, so I guess you got your Christmas present early. Best news that's been posted here in ages. Even better than the fact that you're still making tables Big Blue.

John

Just a update.
Scripted and lights added (no use showing a screenshot) though not without some problems. The dip switches all work fine, but everytime I try and add a new menu item, it screws it up. To be honest, this was a personal game, that I was gonna share, so I'm not really worried about it, other than I wanted to add some 'experiments" to it. Since it was gonna add quite a bit to the menu anyway, the easy solution is to just add a second standard menu, that will give me the room for this, without screwing up the standard settings if you want to play the other versions as well. Maybe can tie it in with the other table as well, when ever a update is needed.
I'm a little crunched for time by the looks of it, afraid I have another problem (sigh) so I think it would be best to try and get this out sooner. It plays fine, everything works, just some more graphics work and corrections, a bunch of extra scripting, and some cleanup and play balancing. May not even beta test it, it all seems to work fine.
No idea when it's released, depends on how much time I have to work on improvements. :)

Final update, I got the menu to accept some settings, so the game will be a bit easier on people with slower computers at least, though it's a lot less intensive than ST, because there's no GI effects, and I simplified some stuff as well. I ran into another thing that VP does, so I decided that it wasn't worth adding a month before release, and not being able to find a solution, so maybe down the road...
Bloody program...

Anyway, looks like it's all ready to go. Just have to test the play balance code I've put in, and make sure the play is balanced and as close to the actual game as I remember it in terms of play. The actual game had the worse drain lanes, and had that bad flaw with the grotto shot being far too easy (Like the hyperspace in Star Trek) so I took some liberties with that. Still drains a lot though... :)

Last screenshot, looks like I got everything fixed, and changed a couple things (like a true wire gate for the grotto etc) and reworked the rubber images etc.

http://img301.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pb1223056xr.jpg

I guess a lot faster than I though, so looks like a Christmas release if it all plays fine

Looks very nice. Don't forget we now host VPM tables Big Blue.

John

Speaking of which, someone altered the file areas and the table areas are gone again and replaced with of all things, a link to AJ's....

What we need is a volunteer to start uploading the VPM tables and create areas for them to reside in. I just don't have the time to do it all right now.

I'll help upload tables just set up the area to do so.:)

I'll start with your tables PD that aren't here yet, OK?:)

Marv, since I'm the person who validates most of the uploads here, would you PM me with your plan of attack, so I know what to expect, and so we're on the same page? Thanks

John

Playboy se is ready to go, and will be released Christmas day.

Hope you have a category to be uploaded to John, and of course, be around to approve it. If not, I will put it somewhere else so people can enjoy it for the holidays. A full month sooner than expected, but got it ready in time.

There is no beta test period, was kind of useless with the last table, and though there is a "experiment" it would be better to have a general release for that anyway. This should also take into account the new version of VP (based on the info I have) and it's changes, so it may be a bit more ready for that, though no guarentees. (I admit, I'm a optimist)

People with slower computers will be happy to note that the game is far less intensive than Star Trek se, and there are options built into the menu system now to disable cpu hogging resources. I ended up using PacDude's way as a base for the menu, as it was the way it worked, and people are familar with it. There are other options as well, for ball flow and game balance, that I wanted to put in with the previous game, but kept getting errors. I advise people read the text file, as it explains that new setup, and details adjustments and what they do. (There are only 4, but 3 of the 4 will change the entire game completely, and multiple selections add additional changed game behavior. If I worked my calculator right, the combinations add up to about 10 different gameplay settings overall, not including the standard pinsettings)

Well, it's all according to when you upload it Big Blue. I'll check for it about 10 AM US Eastern time, and then I'm going out for the afternoon. I should be back online by early to mid evening, say 8-10 PM US Eastern time. I don't really understand Oz time, but I think Steve is about 12 hours different from me, so he might be able to validate it in place of me. I should be online for another 3 hours right now, which would make it Midnight US Eastern time. Now that you're really confused, can you upload it now, since I'm online.

John

Christmas day release, my time John. You don't open your presents a day earlier by chance? :)
Just over 5 hours left here, and gives me time to make sure everything is right and in place, and do some minor code and bug checks, and remove any unnessary stuff

shiva said:
Christmas day release, my time John. You don't open your presents a day earlier by chance? :)
Just over 5 hours left here, and gives me time to make sure everything is right and in place, and do some minor code and bug checks, and remove any unnessary stuff

Well, as a kid I always found my presents early, and so I knew what I was getting, except for waht I got from Santa, of course. So it sounds like it should be waiting for me to validate after my shower in the morning. Since you're still sort of On Staff here, it might be automatically validated when you upload it. If so, you'll see a spot to upload a SS, which should be 640x480. I guess no one can call you the Big Blue Scrooge. :p

John

Nope, seems my access was changed, and now not able to add a download at all. Sorry all, I will find some other place then

Uploads are not blocked for anyone. You simply have to include the screenshot for now so John can add it to the approved download.

nope, no link to upload at all. Usergroup permissions may not be set properly for me, but no problem anyway

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back