Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Trigon
shiva submitted a new resource:

Playboy xse (Bally, 1979) - The Bally classic, shiva style

NOTE: This is a re-release of version 1.3 of Playboy xse. This table was released on Feb 2015, and does not require BAM. Still, this is one of the nicest playing tables even now.
This version instead used Slamtilts version 2.5 of the FP exe, but BAM users will find this table plays very well if you use the latest BAM version.
My original notes are below.

This is my absolute favorite table, I got hooked on pinball because of this game when I was a kid, and with new resources found, I'm...

Read more about this resource...

Is it just me or does this table not release the first ball when the game starts? Not having this trouble with any other table. Insert coin sound plays. Game start sound plays but no ball come out. Flippers and plunger also work. Just no ball to hit. I tried it with bam and future pinball the same problem. Am I missing something? The table looks great. I am looking forward to playing it.

Sounds to me you may be using a different exe, and this was based on a pretty old version. Did you try increasing the strength of the Drain kicker? The ball is created, just sounds like the drain kicker isn't strong enough to kick the ball to the plunger lane. The drain kicker is on layer 1, click on it and then on the left options, find the strength bar and increase it a couple notches to the right (half way) and see if that works.
Different exe's have different values, and even the stock exe with BAM is very weak in a couple settings.

If that doesn't work, just unlock the drain kicker, drag it out to the playfield and then see if it is creating a ball.

Increasing the strength of the drain kicker did the trick. So cool! Thank you!! Before this I didn't even know what a drain kicker was. Learning a little bit about how things work is as much fun as playing the games.

Glad to help. Thought that would do the trick, and a quick solution to a common problem. This used popettes version, he used a single kicker to drain a ball, and also create a new ball and kick it out to the plunger. On more complex games (with a lot more coding and extra features like ball save etc), like my Jungle Girl fpx game, I use 1 kicker for the drain, and a second kicker to create a new ball and kick to the plunger. If you have a problem again with other games, just see if there's a second kicker and if so adjust that kicker. Most of the games the last 2 or 3 years should be fine, especially if you use the FP with BAM installer, but the old games or using a older exe may have to be adjusted.

Thank you again! I am in awe of your knowledge and creativity. I am going to have to check out your Jungle Build. Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge with me. I know it is earned with many hours putting working with this program.~

Ill have to work it out for the ball to get in..
Im not even able to get the layers on now...
See you in a bit thanks

UPDATE:
Got it, thanks a lot for your help.

Last edited:
Had same ball issue. Took a few to figure out how to find layers and the kicker. But did and put it on roids and now Playboy gets balls. lol.
Thanks.

I have a million ball jokes ready but I will refrain.
Funny you have a ball problem with this particular table. lol

I have a million ball jokes ready but I will refrain.
Funny you have a ball problem with this particular table. lol
Well, they did have problems getting it up. :)

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Popotte has posted a new reply in the thread "How Do I Move a DMD on the Backbox Using Script...
      Back