Preserve scores / Save Scores

buffalome90210

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
I have been trying to find a way to "easily" preserve/save cores from played tables.

I have looked at the good work which Fartian has done, and see where he ran into problems. It seems that we have little control over the ROMs and how they store information in the NVRAM. Attempting to extract information from the NVRAM is very Table Specific and often tedious.

Here is the question, especially to those who have built tables. Is there a way, perhaps an event, or perhaps and object we can incorpertae in table scripts, which would allow the high score to be written to a file in addition to the NVRAM.

Here is what I am thinking. Maybe we can have a discret object which gets enabled or activated at end game,

perhaps by watching the ball exits, and determine if game is over, at that poiunt do we have access to the current table score, and if so can we grab that value and "using script" write it out to a flat file ?

Terence

I don't think Fartian run into greater problems (see my other posts in the other thread, the data are available from the highscore.dat). It's just he didn't have fun and time to read out all NVRAMs of all table roms on his own. And, badly, there wasn't much interest shown at all. I tried to support anyway, but my capacity is limited.

Here is what I am thinking. Maybe we can have a discret object which gets enabled or activated at end game, perhaps by watching the ball exits, and determine if game is over, at that point do we have access to the current table score, and if so can we grab that value and "using script" write it out to a flat file?
Short answer: NO! :no:

In the past (perhaps older VP version) high-scores stuck for me, no problem. Haven't had a chance to test extensively with recent versions of the software, but I had gotten used to HS being kept after closing.

Edit: even now they seem to stick, so i'm guessing I misread the post or something. Apologies if so.

Yes, the highscores are saved. No problem.

Problem is to extract them from the file where they are saved (nvram, i. e. sttng_l7.nv) to display them in another place or file or table or to post them to a tournament website.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "Complete list of VB commands".
      Back