AnonTet

Pinball Master
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Indiana Jones
@staff

I've been getting a lot of trouble accessing PN for the last few days. It is mostly very very slow and often I get a "Service Unavailable" message.

Are you guys doing some maintenance, is it just me?

Upvote 0
No mate not just you.
I am also having trouble accessing PN every now and then, cheers!

Same trouble here...

Confirmed that it's a PN issue then.

Thanks guys.

Server host issue by the looks of it. Should be corrected either now or soon.

The problem doesn't seem to be getting any better. I was unable to open the site earlier today. Has @JonPurpleHaze looked at this?

For me, it's fine.

I checked the error code, it's 503.
A 503 Service Unavailable Error is an HTTP response status code indicating that a server is temporarily unable to handle the request. This may be due to the server being overloaded or down for maintenance. A 503 Service Unavailable Error is an HTTP response status code indicating that a server is temporarily unable to handle the request. This may be due to the server being overloaded or down for maintenance.
This could be a issue with the main server, or... one of the other sites is overloading with requests or has a DOS problem. (Certainly can't be us, this would be in the tens of thousands). The fact it is back up means the host may have reset the server, or fixed a issue caused by something like a php upgrade, so we will all see if that fixes it.

EDIT: Had a look, wasn't us, our traffic was average the last few days, and no abnormal/bad traffic activity.

Last edited:
The problem occurs sporadically but seems to be working right now.

Additional complication-- last I heard, Jon was waiting anxiously for his new PC to show up (the old one became crashy), but had the misfortune of it being shipped by dreaded FedEx.

So that all might explain the delay in him getting back online again, hence a potential extra delay in this case.

Anyway, if for some reason the site goes down consistently, there's always VPF & VPU to at least catch up.

This has the smell of a (D)DOS of the host provider... In any case it's been good for hours now (for me)

Yep!! working for me now also, cheers!

This problem came back and got much worse in the past week, I took some corrective actions today after temporarily closing the site.

It might have to be closed again temporarily tomorrow, hope to get things running smoothly and with no TILTS.
:shaking:

It has been slow for several weeks now.

It has been slow for several weeks now.
Sorry, I've been trying to rock out to Genesis lately.

You know how legendary their dancing was...

The response time of this site is not acceptable. I got a 503 time out message on my web browser just a few minutes ago. I kept trying and finally got in. The server needs to be rebooted or something.

You know how legendary their dancing was...

No because "I can't dance" :D

I only tried to access a few times here lately (unfortunately too) but yesterday for example was 503 for me "all day" (meaning two or 3 times throughout the day)

The response time of this site is not acceptable. I got a 503 time out message on my web browser just a few minutes ago. I kept trying and finally got in. The server needs to be rebooted or something.
I only tried to access a few times here lately (unfortunately too) but yesterday for example was 503 for me "all day" (meaning two or 3 times throughout the day)
Pardon my silliness above, George. I thought you could see the progress thread in the Consultant Section. As a super-mod, I believe you have access to that section, including the "Site Workshop" thread.

Anyway gents, Jon is working on these issues and has commented here.

I have to admit than accessing and reading posts on PN is just a pain these last days (over than 10" response time and sometime more...) .
I've posted two more ressources (not mine but tomáseco) and I've passed a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng time to do that...

I have to admit than accessing and reading posts on PN is just a pain these last days (over than 10" response time and sometime more...) .
I've posted two more ressources (not mine but tomáseco) and I've passed a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng time to do that...

Same here. It took 4 or 5 tries to download Superman.

Well... JPH posted a thread for donate. It's really not a problem for me. But I think it will best to know how is their contract. How are the finances.
Maybe the problem is cause to be a spared server with a heavy consumer. Maybe the solution will be a private server, but with a heavyest cost. Surely... But we can talk about it, isn't it?

If it helps, I observe the site running slowly one moment, normal-speed the next, and then going 403 the next. Point is-- you can often see all three behaviors in the space of a minute. Meaning, you don't necessarily have to assume the site is down for hours at a time. So far, just trying again a minute later usually solves the issue for me.

But yes, uploading or downloading these days is probably a dicey proposition. All hail, JP.

Posting hasn't been much trouble for me, even amongst these issues, but in order to help out, I've lowered the 'draft-save' time from 120 down to 60 seconds. What that means is that every 60 seconds, the site will store whatever message you're composing. I've also bumped up the total server time the message will be held from three days to four. Note: you can access your drafts from "More Options" in the upper right of the editing space, then "Drafts."

@JonPurpleHaze,
Just letting you know in case you think those changes should be reverted. I don't want to worsen the issue, obviously.

I also just hard deleted those 7 NFL mods that I had soft deleted back in Feb. because of concerns of how much server space all 32 team mods would have taken up. Those 7 mods were over 1 and a half GBs.
Seemed like it made a difference to me. But could just be like Ike says above. Get differing speeds all in same span of minute.

I think it's okay to mention this, so I'll go ahead:

The problem is a lot clearer than it was a few days ago. Jon is actively working on this stuff, but it will probably take a bit more time to fully resolve. I would venture to say that the prognosis looks good, just to hold on to your patience, please!

Just 4 506 service unavailabel for the moment. Unable to read my messages, posts, ... For me, it's not a problem as I know why. But as I don't know why...

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Wolfkell is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back