Projects in the worx

druadic

20+ YEARS as a VP author. How time flies...
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Anything before 1939 (pre war), Firepower II, Agents 777
My current projects are the following:

ZIPPER SKILL: A standup machine with 5 balls. Kind of like Pee-Wee by Genco, but a bit more fun and challenging. It even has a tilt mechanism and meter! Neat stuff. Pics to come soon!

GOLDEN GATE: 1934, Exhibit Supply Company is STILL in the worx. This one has been a headache but after it's finished it will be worth the long wait every has been waiting for it. Looking sharp so far!

THE PILOT: 1932 National Pin Games is also in the worx since I have figured a way to get the "propeller" to work properly after a year an a half. This one will also be worth the wait as well.

As of currently, Zipper Skill is getting a redraw overhaul. BAD glare, but it can be fixed. I will do my best to redraw this one for maximum eye candy and playability. Same goes for the other two, but as of right now Zipper Skill will be done first more than likely. I always pick the TOUGH flipperless machines to recreate in VP, but somehow and someway (sometimes with help) I can get these to work.

So, it's just a matter of time folks. Images will be posted as soon as possible and as soon as I have time to take snapshots of them. Just a quick post to tell everyone what I'm up to!

Will / druadic
:wink:

Nice variety

Zipper Skill sounds like a beast, boy do I hate tilt features. And Pilot is one I've been hearing you complain about for so long, I'll be glad to see it at least. I won't even mention the one I always mention, just because I'm just a nice fellow. :p

John

Re: Nice variety

tiltjlp said:
Zipper Skill sounds like a beast, boy do I hate tilt features. And Pilot is one I've been hearing you complain about for so long, I'll be glad to see it at least. I won't even mention the one I always mention, just because I'm just a nice fellow. :p

John

Zipper Skill is a real blast - going through a complete PF and wood edging redraw. The PF was covered in glare so I decided to redraw the whole thing. Wait till you see it. WOW! Looks like some kind of "raster" graphics! Really looks sharp now :)

As for Golden Gate, it's been a nightmare from day one but I WILL figure it out for sure. I won't give up.

The Pilot is another that is just as tough as Golden Gate but rest assured it will be fully functional before it's released.

As I always say, I pick the TOUGH flipperless machines to tackle. Seems I always find a way to get these suckers done, so let's see what I can do.

That's all for now John :)

Will

You're a riot

I think the more you fuss about your projects the happier you are. The origianl Grummpy Young Man.

John

Re: You're a riot

tiltjlp said:
I think the more you fuss about your projects the happier you are. The origianl Grummpy Young Man.

John

John,

You have no idea how many times I want to just quit and give up, but with so many fans (such as ALL the flipperless authors have) I can't quit. Zipper Skill when I first started was such a mess I can't even describe how it looked. If there was attachments allow for pictures on this forum I would show you a before and after PF of the machine. It was God awful. Now it looks really cartoonish - looks just like I should be. Trust me, this one is worth the wait ;)

Will

Yipes!

"If there was attachments allow for pictures on this forum I would show you a before and after PF of the machine."

Ooooppsss, I never even realized this problem,....I have some work to do..

:n00b: Forum dude has some learning to do!

Re: Yipes!

JonPurpleHaze said:
"If there was attachments allow for pictures on this forum I would show you a before and after PF of the machine."

Ooooppsss, I never even realized this problem,....I have some work to do..

:n00b: Forum dude has some learning to do!

Jon,

No biggie - I sent a pic to John to check out. I have a bit more to do with Zipper Skill before I do anything anyway. It's not finished and a few problems in the scripting may make this one a bit tough like the others so no rush. Anyway, this is a SIMPLE little standup arcade game so no big deal.

Will

ZIPPER SKILL IS COMING.....

Stay tuned for details - Zipper Skill is almost complete. A VERY SIMPLE little standup arcade machine that is a total blast to play. I can't quit playing this one it's so much fun. If you liked Genco's Pee-Wee, you'll LOVE this little machine.

Get ready for some left and right nudging action!

Sounds fun druadic,

Forum attachments have been added and I've discovered that you tested it out at the exact time that I uploaded one for the first time!

:occasion4: Attachments!

JonPurpleHaze said:
Sounds fun druadic,

Forum attachments have been added and I've discovered that you tested it out at the exact time that I uploaded one for the first time!

:occasion4: Attachments!

Jon,

THANK YOU! It's VERY much appreciated. Just a "small" pic for all to see. I'm debating if I want to change the wood image on the PF as of yet. I'll have to wait and see. The game zipped is about 240kb! That's it. This game is REALLY fun. I can't stop playing it - you'll see why when I release it. It's a blast ;)

Thanks again Jon for the attachment addon! :)

Will

Wilbur

Sorry I haven't mentioned the Zipper pics you sent me, I've been a bit on the busy side. The difference between the before and after is stunning as always. Even if I had the time to redraw things like you, I'd never get the great rsults you do.

John

Re: Wilbur

tiltjlp said:
Sorry I haven't mentioned the Zipper pics you sent me, I've been a bit on the busy side. The difference between the before and after is stunning as always. Even if I had the time to redraw things like you, I'd never get the great rsults you do.

John

John,

Don't worry about it - I can see you're busy. No biggie. As a matter of fact, I redrew the entire backside of the PF - all those crooked pins are now straight as an arrow! Looks totally clean. Of course I'd like to place the correct wood in there but have yet to find a decent pic of it. So the pic I sent to you is not the best looking pic. You'll see when you get to playtest it and there isn't much to playtest since it's such a SIMPLE machine. But, it's a ton of fun like I've been saying over and over again. You'll like this one not just for it's simplicity but for it's "skill" factor and you can get some pretty amazing shots on this one with the "velocity plunger" which makes for some real fun.

Will

OOPS

Forgot to login above. Sorry about that ;)

Will
:p

Okay, a couple more days and Zipper Skill is READY!

BEFORE PICTURE (YUCKY!):

Attachments

• skbefore_726.jpg
    skbefore_726.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 772
And finally.....

After four days of redrawing, this is now how it looks. The after pic shot right from VP. Looks 100% better! This one is VERY fun and VERY simple to play; do your best to line up 5 balls in a row attached with the green lines. Not much else - kind of like tic-tac-toe! I can't stop playing this one!

Just a few more goodies to add: tilt, tilt meter that moves, ball lineup fix and a few other items and this one is ready! Not much longer!

Will / druadic

Attachments

• skafter.jpg
    skafter.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 760
World of difference

Sure do wish I could do redraws like that, and if I could, had the time to do them. I would image that with a tilt system, Zipper is touch enough to be a payuot machine. And as you've said before, it's amazing just how simple and elaborate these old table tops could be.

John

Re: World of difference

tiltjlp said:
Sure do wish I could do redraws like that, and if I could, had the time to do them. I would image that with a tilt system, Zipper is touch enough to be a payuot machine. And as you've said before, it's amazing just how simple and elaborate these old table tops could be.

John

John,

Personally I wish I could NOT draw like this - I'm so "anal" when it comes down to the smallest pixel. Really is a drag for the reason that if it doesn't look almost perfect I feel bad about it. I just want to finish this one and finish up GG and relax for a little while - these things are driving me nutty.

Currently in playtesting.....

Zipper Skill is currently going through playtesting. Should be ready within the next two days. Hope every1 will enjoy this simple but very addictive little game! Just like BJ (whom can make some neat and simple games) I figured this one would be too fun too pass up!

So, within a day or so and this one SHOULD be finished!

Will / druadic

OOPS - I have a few sounds to add and my playtester will get back to me and THEN it's time to release this bugger. Then off to finish up Golden Gate AND do a collaboration project with Steve PINMAN. Will be around!

Thanks for the reminder!

Your playtester will get busy testing in a few minutes. And yes, this one is lots of fun. folks.

John

Re: Thanks for the reminder!

tiltjlp said:
Your playtester will get busy testing in a few minutes. And yes, this one is lots of fun. folks.

John

John,

I just sent you a NEW and RELEASABLE version - test it for a few hours and see what I fixed.

1. Added tilt meter sounds that can be turned on or off.
2. Added tilt mechanism that can be turned on or off.
3. Added Firing Speed that can be changed.
4. Tilt meter MOVES BACK AND FORTH!

Read the RULES and INFORMATION keypresses by hitting R or I. I have also fixed the game so where if the pins are open and the balls are dropping, the balls CANNOT be launched until the pins are closed again. This one now works great and THANK YOU for those suggestions!

I have played this version for over two hours and have not found a problem. Let me know if you find any please.

Thanks John!

Will / druadic

Maddening fun

Checks out perfectly, might be a favorite for a long time. Very nice work, Wilbur.

John

Re: Maddening fun

tiltjlp said:
Checks out perfectly, might be a favorite for a long time. Very nice work, Wilbur.

John

John,

Excellent! That's great news. You're ideas are implemented into the game and they seem to make the game more effective. Thanks again and thanks for the compliment :) The redrawing was the EASY part - it was the scripting that was an absolute nightmare :p

ENJOY FOLKS and have lots o' fun!

Will

UPDATED WIP

Here's the UPDATED WIP list:

GOLDEN GATE, 1934 Exhibit Supply Company: is STILL giving me headaches but IT WILL be finished. ALL of the scripting is finished but a bit of graphical work has yet to be done on this one.

FAN TAN, 1932 Northwest Coin Machine Company

SPEED KING, 194? King Game Factories

THE PILOT, 1932 National Pin Games

TEN GRAND, 193? Mills Novelty Company (payout)

That's the new list. Something should be around within a week or so.

Will / druadic

PS: ALL the above tables are total redraws - no decent pics to use.

Ready to take a spin

They all sound fantastic Will, and I really like your payouts, but I've been waiting to the launch of Piot for almost a year and a half, so that's the one I'm looking forward to the most. And althouhg it might be a super secret project, I sure do hope you're busy with a Magic Screen Bingo for Wally.

John

Re: Ready to take a spin

tiltjlp said:
They all sound fantastic Will, and I really like your payouts, but I've been waiting to the launch of Piot for almost a year and a half, so that's the one I'm looking forward to the most. And althouhg it might be a super secret project, I sure do hope you're busy with a Magic Screen Bingo for Wally.

John

John,

Thanks and as for Wally, he's still trying to get a PF for County Fair. Once I get it I'll start on it the SAME DAY. Until then, with no decent photographs to work with, I cannot do anything. Wally knows this and is doing his best to get me some PFs I'm sure.

Will

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: AnushDCosta is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back