Pup Videos Not Working with FX3

FP125

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Indian Jones
Hope someone can help - only thing I am struggling with at the moment

Unable to get the Pup Vids for FX3 running at all. I thought it would be a simple drop in the PUPVIDEOS folder like with VPX and Future PInball (which all run fine)

For example trying to get Aliens running

TerryRed's requirements say DOFLinx only needed for SSF (which I do not have) so just downloaded the puppack, selected the .bat file, but nothing appears - just my backglass. Removed the backglass from the folder in case this was causing an issue - but still nothing

From some searches it stated you do need DOF for the FX3 pup videos to work - so downloaded DOF R3 and DOF 7.45. Unzipped the files - still no joy. Although TerryRed's YouTube clip stated that the Aliens puppack videos are not triggered by SSF

Anything I am doing wrong - does it need Popper to work (currently using PinballX front end) managed to get the external DMDs working in here for FX3 showing the .pac colour files for Indiana Jones and Fish Tales, etc - but just cannot get the FX3 puppacks to load at all - just an empty backglass

Hoping someone can help or point me in the right direction, may be a simple case that they only work using the Baller front end

Many thanks'

Unable to get the Pup Vids for FX3 running at all. I thought it would be a simple drop in the PUPVIDEOS folder like with VPX and Future PInball (which all run fine)

TerryRed's requirements say DOFLinx only needed for SSF (which I do not have) so just downloaded the puppack, selected the .bat file, but nothing appears - just my backglass. Removed the backglass from the folder in case this was causing an issue - but still nothing

From some searches it stated you do need DOF for the FX3 pup videos to work - so downloaded DOF R3 and DOF 7.45. Unzipped the files - still no joy. Although TerryRed's YouTube clip stated that the Aliens puppack videos are not triggered by SSF

Anything I am doing wrong - does it need Popper to work (currently using PinballX front end) managed to get the external DMDs working in here for FX3 showing the .pac colour files for Indiana Jones and Fish Tales, etc - but just cannot get the FX3 puppacks to load at all - just an empty backglass

Hoping someone can help or point me in the right direction, may be a simple case that they only work using the Baller front end

Many thanks'
I am not a Future Pinball guru, but what I do know is...
Pup packs cannot be played, without having the Pup Player installed.
PinUp Popper is just the front end, but PinUp Player is what is needed to play the videos.

Hi man - yes, have pinup working fine

Puppack videos work fine in VPX and Future Pinball - just cannot get them working in FX3

Unsure if only work using Baller frontend or if I am doing something wrong - DOFLinx needed, etc.....

DOFLinx has nothing to do with getting pup-packs started in FX3. That is all done with dmdext or pupdmdcontrol.

Even I can't currently get my Aliens PuP-Pack working for some reason (it starts, but videos wont trigger). Normally I had to use pupdmdcontrol and the included pupcapture images to get it working, but even that isn't working for me currently.

Thanks for the reply - appreciated

Least I know for sure nothing to do with DOFLinx

Not just with Aliens for me, was for all the FX3 titles with a pup-pack, i.e. Archer, Getaway 2, etc

I will keep plugging away and if come across an answer will post here

Gave it another bash trying with Aliens and Archer - tried using PinballX front end with parameters inserted into settings (not sure if only works using Popper) and also standard desktop (to see if it work there)

I created a .bat file with the following command:

c:

cd /d "c:\vPinball\VisualPinball\VPinMAME"

start /min "" "PUPDMDControl.exe" FX3 PINUP\ALIENS

And whilst the DMDControl logo fires up in my taskbar, after I then load up FX3, nothing happens and it just times out - tried amending the bottom line to:

start /min "" "dmdext.exe" mirror --source=pinballfx3 -q -d virtual --fx3-legacy --fps 60 --use-ini="c:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME\DmdDevice.ini" --pinup PinUp\ALIENS

Again, the dmdext quickly flashes on then off. Load up FX3, nothing happens

Tried with the Archer pup-pack also. Same problem

Just wondering if anyone else had same issues and found a work around

Having the same issues here. Fought with it most of the night, but can't seem to get any FX3 puppacks to trigger.

They were all working great until I took the popper 1.5 upgrade, but they may be coincidence.

Glad I am not the only one lol, but least they were working for you lol

Looking at some comments on YouTube videos and on VP Universe I think a few have problems getting them working

Probably the hardest thing I've tried to do with my cabinet.

Anyone managed then to get these working OUTSIDE of Popper - if so just wanted to check your settings

If it can't be done, no probs, but saves me trying lol

I never could get them going after numerous tries and changes.

Bummer. So same boat as me. Be interesting if anyone can get them working, especially using PinballX frontend

Many thanks'
#solved must change only the DMDDevice.dll from DMDext v.2.0.0. Pay attention to the other settings in PFX3 and Popper as in the Nailbuster tutorial.
Color must set default.
The DMD mirrored is quite same to the PFX3 original DMD.
The position of my PFX3 DMD mirrored by PupDMDDevice (DMDext) was offscreen, press Microsoft button on the keyboard, grab tithe DMD and save the postion, switch off Popper and DofLinx.
Open DofLinx, launch FX3 Aliens, done.

Many thanks'
DOFLinx has nothing to do with getting pup-packs started in FX3. That is all done with dmdext or pupdmdcontrol.

Even I can't currently get my Aliens PuP-Pack working for some reason (it starts, but videos wont trigger). Normally I had to use pupdmdcontrol and the included pupcapture images to get it working, but even that isn't working for me currently.
#solved must change only the DMDDevice.dll from DMDext v.2.0.0. Pay attention to the other settings in PFX3 and Popper as in the Nailbuster tutorial.
Color must set default.
The position of my PFX3 DMD mirrored by PupDMDDevice (DMDext) was offscreen, press Microsoft button on the keyboard, grab tithe DMD and save the postion, switch off Popper and DofLinx.

Thanks for the reply

Has anyone managed to get them working outside of Popper, using PinballX for example - I have the colour roms \ external DMD working in FX3, just not the pups

You mention DofLinx, but TerryRed says this has nothing to do with running the Pups

Thanks for the reply

Has anyone managed to get them working outside of Popper, using PinballX for example - I have the colour roms \ external DMD working in FX3, just not the pups

You mention DofLinx, but TerryRed says this has nothing to do with running the Pups

DOFLinx is only needed for DOF or my FX3 PUP SSF pup-packs.

Color must set default.
I forgot to write in the end of the post.
Open DofLinx, launch FX3 Aliens from Popper.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back