Put Shockman On Your Ignore List

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
Phil has made 3,195 posts here, and I would be surprised if 2,750 haven't been rehashes of his favorite theme. His whining and crying about being banned, either here when he still was being banned for weeks, or his permanent ban at VPF. Amazingly, his latest post doesn't contain any profanities, which tend to be his most favorite form of communication. I'm sure he'll spew some choice words for me when he reads this, but since I have him on my Ignore List, I get to choose if I want to read his garbage.

Once upon a time Phil did contribute a few things to the VP community, and lent me a hand with several of my projects. But his biggest problem seems to be a need to be bowed down to and recognized as a masterful guru of the VP Workaround. Sure, he figured a few things out, but so have I, and so have most of us who have worked with VP for any lenght of time.

The problem isn't Shockman's message, not really. The problem is that he has been repeating the same worn out claptrap for as long as anyone can remember. As I have said before, if PN was my site to run as I see fit, Shockman would have been banned years ago. But I don't pay the bills, so all I can do, and have done, is add Shockman to my Ignore List. Why should any of us continue to read and respond to Phil's tired, sad, old message?

So let's all put Shockman on our Ignore Lists, and then he can rant and whine away to his heart's content, and none of us will know, or care, what he has to say.

Regardless of whether you want to ignore me or want others to, if you would practice what you are preaching, this request would not exist. If you want to ignore me, you can, if others want to they can, but it is a decision for each their own.

Hi Shockey,,,,,
You have been a great help to us/me needing help with VP programing.
The Staff on all sites have a knee jerk reaction to your posts.
I will never place on you ignore,

Rick

Well, I for one won't put him on my ignore list. i don't ignore anyone - this is nothing against you John or anyone else for that matter.

I think Shocky's trying to get a totally straight answer out of all this. I for one have no idea what truly transpired or want to know. Once thing is for certain, the man is quite constant on his verge to find out what all has happened. I've heard this and that between folks - I have no idea what transpired between him and Noah. Really I don't care either.

I personally have more important things to worry about in my life. It's one of the reasons I left VP for good. I'm learning so much more using PCLinuxOS and programming with it that I have forgotten what VP is. Honestly, it's a total blast. Ever since I left the M$ Windows world my life has been sheer BLISS. Thank GOD.

Anyway, on with life. As far as PN and VPF being split apart I could careless if that's really true. If it is, Noah sure as hell wouldn't be posting over here. I also know there is bad blood between certain folks. I won't be a part of it. The forums over at PCLinuxOS don't have this problem - everyone is kind, helpful and downright hilarious. Folks should check the site out and read the "sandbox" area of the forum. You'll laugh every time :)

Reason I come over to PN to post is that there are quite a few folks over here I know and like. Some don't even post here but PM me personally. I like to say "hi" now and again and see what the PN community is up to.

As for VPF; I've been over there a few times and looked around. Even got a VERY KIND PM from someone about Pro Pool. I never expected that. Made my time doing VP so worthwhile. It was the kindest PM I've ever gotten. :)

Anyway, see ya all around. :)

Last edited:
Regardless of whether you want to ignore me or want others to, if you would practice what you are preaching, this request would not exist. If you want to ignore me, you can, if others want to they can, but it is a decision for each their own.

The problem with ignoring people is some dumb-ass always quotes them and you still see what they post. :)

:welcome1:

I find it unconscionable that someone who's supposed to be an admin at this site would start a thread calling for other members to put someone on ignore. I love that PN is the only "anything goes" VP forum left (one of the reasons Shocky's made 3,195 posts), but it's a little out of bounds for an admin to attempt to assemble the angry villagers and pass out torches and pitchforks.

As I have said before,

That's right... you've said it before... plenty of times. So what is the difference between Shockman's rants and your repeated rants about your burning desire to ban Shockman? Oh, yeah... you're an admin and you need to to learn to shut the fuck up! I don't think I've seen Steve or Jon carry on such a crusade against one of the site's members. I would suggest that if you can't show a similar restraint, maybe you need to hang up that ol' admin shingle.
BTW, if you'd like to keep score it's 3-0 in favor of not putting Phil on ignore... great crusade, buddy!:awaken:

As an Admin here I have no ignore list or would I have either way. ;)

Shockman has helped me in the past with things, now Tiltjlp I know you and he do not see eye to eye but some of us do!
I agree, as much as I hate to that the sysops either completely ban him or ignore the rants, but to complain about the complainers?
it does make for interesting reading, though,
I am straddling the fence with both PN and vpf, I like both sites, and except for the site name crap that went on a few years back we seem to, for the most part, all get along
Unfortunately I do notice many more people posting there than here but the people here are more 'hard core', more down to earth and a hell of a lot less 'PC' about everything, so if I want to read 'g' rated things I go there, if I want to vent or express a negative reaction to anything it seems I must post here or risk getting blasted on the other site
But both sites have their merits and faults neither is better than the other IMO
this one has so much more in the d/load area I think but again it's not kept as up to date as vpf's
So I visit each, read the posts, laugh at who made the 'banned' list this month
post, get complimented, insulted, teased, laughed at, but most importantly...I am ACCEPTED with no reservations or biased attitudes against me by sysops from either site

So, you don't even have an ignore list John? After this, maybe you should put yourself into a position where you do.

So, you don't even have an ignore list John? After this, maybe you should put yourself into a position where you do.

Actually, that was Steve who said he didn't have an "ignore" list. He can't afford to have one. Those poor lonely Aussies don't have anyone to talk to, all stuck in the outback and such. Except dingoes. Dingoes who eat your babies! :D

We have kangaroo to cobber, oh and I've no idea as to whether ignore works for an admin here, I've never used it or intend to do so. ;)

Here is all I see going on:

Attachments

• TalkALot.gif
    TalkALot.gif
    30.4 KB · Views: 274
and this...is how PCLinuxOS KDE feels about the situation...

Attachments

• GiveADamn.gif
    GiveADamn.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 270
Actually, that was Steve who said he didn't have an "ignore" list.

No what he said is that as admin. he did not have a list. John may be admin. and have a list, and I did not say to John he did not. I asked him if he has, assuming that he has not.

Good onw Will. The difference between Shockman and me is that 90% plus of his posts are whining and crying about being banned at VPF, and are often profane and abusive. Yet he seems to think he really should be unbanned. Me, I've posted my opinion about Shockman a handful of times, and now my suggestion of putting him on your Ignore list, or at least not replying to his rants, since his message seldom changes. And yes, Ignore works for Admin, although I did it only to test if it did work, and have since taken Phil off Ignore. But I do plan on no longer reading his junk.

I think you forgot the other difference, which is that you're supposedly an admin at this site, which means you need to show some restraint from being an asshole and creating such a vitriolic thread to begin with. You know, I stumbled across a post in which you wondered how you got VIP status at VPF.org... turns out Phil recommended you for the title. And now you wanna run a campaign for everyone to put him on "ignore"? You're a real piece of work. You wanna get down in the dirt, that's great. Resign as admin and you're free to make all the jackass threads you want to. Otherwise, apologize to Phil for losing your self-control and promise that, as an admin, you won't do anything that stupid again.

I think you forgot the other difference, which is that you're supposedly an admin at this site, which means you need to show some restraint from being an asshole and creating such a vitriolic thread to begin with. You know, I stumbled across a post in which you wondered how you got VIP status at VPF.org... turns out Phil recommended you for the title. And now you wanna run a campaign for everyone to put him on "ignore"? You're a real piece of work. You wanna get down in the dirt, that's great. Resign as admin and you're free to make all the jackass threads you want to. Otherwise, apologize to Phil for losing your self-control and promise that, as an admin, you won't do anything that stupid again.

I also happen to be a co-founder, along with JonPurpleHaze of this site. So, no, I won't be doing any of the things you have requested. If you don't like my opinions, put me on Ignore.

I'm going to be honest here. All I hear is bitching, whining and moaning. What is wrong with everyone?

I certainly praise the "higher powers" that made me since I have left the M$ Winblows scene. If you want "enlightenment" then goto http://www.pclinuxos.com
and download any of the various flavors of PCLinuxOS. It's all you need to know. I've washed my hands of VP. It's NOT worth my time.
Even if I did use it again (which I DO have running in PCLinuxOS) I would NEVER release another table.

Here is the entire situation in a nutshell:

1. Tiltjlp has just said if you don't like Shocky's BS for S&G's then put him on ignore.

2. Shocky seems to be hellbent on resurrecting an old topic. This is his right and it does get old after a million posts but he has a right to complain.

3. I simply stated that I won't put anyone on ignore. So did a few others.

4. Then a few other folks come on and swear like pigs. Rediculous.

5. It all boils down to this: John said ignore him if it bothers you. Shocky can't stop complaining, A few folks simply stated that Shocky won't be put on ignore and now the "swearing wars" start. What has happened to everyone in VP land? Is everyone becoming ignorant or what?

As individuals, I'm sure everyone here is decent. But what is the purpose of the stupid swearing and idiocy? Does it really make everyone feel better or does it just show your ignorance? Swearing makes you LESS OF A MAN. In some rare occasions it is acceptable.

I realize everyone is different but that does not make the swearing okay. I'm sure if you were "face to face" with someone from these forums you would greatly change your behavior and the way you act. I've stated my case. It sure is funny how folks act online when confronted with issues.

If you want respect from me personally, EARN IT. Same goes twords you; if I want your respect I HAVE TO EARN IT. VERY FEW folks from both forums have earned my respect - one person WHO HAS EARNED MY RESPECT is tiltjlp. To be honest, I am not backing him up on this thread totally but from everything that has happened I can see that folks take everything completely out of context. It happens A LOT in this forum.

Complain, whine, bitch, moan, whimper all you folks want. I won't get involved any further. I hope most of you are proud of yourselves.

RUBY651: NEVER judge someone until you know them. I KNOW JOHN personally and he's a decent guy. As for you, I've seen a lot of complaing and whining AFTER the fact of the thread is posted. You seem hellbent on complaining about just about everything AFTER the facts have been posted, stated and ended. Do you enjoy this? You've done this to me and numerous others. You have just as much in common with Shocky than anyone else in this forum. Your mouth shows your "true colors". Think before you post.

As for Bob, you can agree with him all you want. I have no issues with Bob. I do talk but I get my point across. I don't "flame" others like you nor do I belittle anyone. I've learned my lessons with age and it seems something you need to learn before it's too late. I'm too old for that sillyness.

Last edited:
RUBY651: NEVER judge someone until you know them. I KNOW JOHN personally and he's a decent guy. As for you, I've seen a lot of complaing and whining AFTER the fact of the thread is posted. You seem hellbent on complaining about just about everything AFTER the facts have been posted, stated and ended. Do you enjoy this? You've done this to me and numerous others. You have just as much in common with Shocky than anyone else in this forum. Your mouth shows your "true colors". Think before you post.

Yeah, I know John, too. I know he's an admin at this site who started a malicious thread that called for all members to put Shocky on "ignore." I have never seen an action like this taken by an admin at this site before. If that's the way things are run at the other forums you haunt, then go back there.
Your post makes no sense whatsoever. So I was supposed to complain about John making such an asinine post before he made it? What exactly was "stated and ended"? That an admin called for members to put Shocky on "ignore"? Is he still an admin? Has he apologized for using his role to make such an inflammatory post?
You've done this to me and numerous others.

For someone who seems so in love with "facts", let's get this one out in the open; as far as I can tell, I've never interacted with you on these forums before. Sure, I've spent time watching you make an ass of yourself (that whiny little fit you threw about your being banned after spamming threads at VPF.org comes to mind), but I have never posted anything to you until right now.
You seem hellbent on complaining about just about everything AFTER the facts have been posted, stated and ended.
Oh, sorta like you did, when you got banned from VPF and decided to drag your fight over here?
I've now been banned from VPF for "spamming". Go figure.

Now it's threatening emails from him. WOW. This guy is something else, calling me a "douche" in my emails. WOW Noah, way to go

Oh, but that is rich! You couldn't be a man and settle your problems with Noah... no, you had to run crying over here and tell us all what a big, bad, mean man Noah was to you! Hey, you're just like Shocky! Maybe an admin needs to start a thread calling for everyone to put you on "ignore"!
Wow, Noah sure knows how to call 'em as he sees 'em. You're an incredible douche.

Last edited:
I also happen to be a co-founder, along with JonPurpleHaze of this site. So, no, I won't be doing any of the things you have requested. If you don't like my opinions, put me on Ignore.

Ah, yes... a co-founder. I know all about you being a co-founder. I also know why, all of a sudden, you weren't here anymore. This isn't the first time your mouth has gotten you in trouble. You have a long history of being short-tempered and nearsighted. In other words, you're just the type of person who's not fit to be a forum administrator.
Oh, don't think I'm going to put you on "ignore". I'm very interested in your opinions now. I can't wait to comment on them in the future.

Last edited:
Just to clear something up. The Admin. here did not suggest to someone that they put me on ignore. The admin. suggested that everyone put me on ignore. While I agree it is an abuse of power, and should not happen. The fact that it did should change nothing. Those that want to ignore me do and those that don't, don't. Some don't read the rants, many do and ignore me anyway. To each their own.

John is what an admin of a VP related site is though. Jon PH has always been the sole exception and after all this time I don't suspect that will ever change.

An apology is not in order, but in that case, him taking me off ignore was not in order either. That is the problem. Some people think the definition of right is what ever they do or say.

Some read my rants and later say they do not know what is going on. Just think what people would think if I did not post these rants. The fact of the matter is that if I did what I was accused of, and I did most of it (I never edited something into a post that Paul edited out, but I did post a post I was editing in the time Paul took something out and posted it, having it show up again, but not intentionally), then a ban would be in order. But these rant contain the whole truth, something I have never seen Paul have any interest in, and that is why they have to be posted. The fact is that attacks on me was lies, and shrugged of as opinions. It's a fact that these rants do not contain lies. I also think it's a fact that if just one single issue that is sited as a reason, and any reason at all, had the lies, or the absence of the facts reversed, then members would see that what is left is no reason at all.

I don't want to banned. And the only thing that could possibly be construed as that I do is the fact that I don't want to be lied to, threatened, lied about, mis-quoted, or attacked. I don't mind being ignored so much, but I do when being heard is in order and necessary. And when all these things I am being accused of is preceded by the same type of things by others, being heard is in order. These things obviously makes no difference to Paul, especially when he was involved, but they should matter to the community. You have read Paul list the things he uses as excuses now, and before, when I was banned for editing a post. But what for this ban, which is supposedly a granting of a request. Excuses flow like water now, but reason then was very limited, and completely self serving, and one sided. The excuses now have got to be some kind of sick joke.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back