Randy, Ultracade, FP, Past Pinball & An Old Mop

Isaac Sauvage

Meep!
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Jurassic Park
i see a lot of time has been spent here discussing the former topics but not enough about the latter:

atwork02.jpg

WHEN will the old mop be ready to ready to use and what improvements can we look for? WILL the handle have a better grip? WILL the head be more absorbant? CAN we expect advances in cleaning fluids to heighten potency of the mop?

i really hope we can get to the bottom of this. :wink:

been reading the thread titles, kristian. :)

of course the thread title cut off "mop" from up there, so it made less sense. this forum could use a little tweak with that.

Does your mop collect pinballs by magnet coil or does it have deflecting magnet?

Yeah... I saw the mop. I don't like the new handle.

After you smoke some... can you fly with that mop like Harry Pot?

Moved for obvious reasons.

tiltjlp said:
fine, but here's a little challenge for you: can you fix the text entry problem in new thread titles? also, what kind of old mop do you have in your home?

Does your mop collect pinballs by magnet coil or does it have deflecting magnet?
good question. it has deflecting magnets near the tip so you can use the handle like a pool cue with extra force, and EM coils near the head so you can pick up scattered pinballs right above the mop head.

yea, we're working with an experimental prototype handle. it's going to resemble a hockey stick.

and no, silly, it's just a mop. the only thing smoking will do is make you hungry enough to munch on the strands, and that's just gross.

nicolas.b said:
tiltjlp said:
fine, but here's a little challenge for you: can you fix the text entry problem in new thread titles? also, what kind of old mop do you have in your home?

good question. it has deflecting magnets near the tip so you can use the handle like a pool cue with extra force, and EM coils near the head so you can pick up scattered pinballs right above the mop head.

yea, we're working with an experimental prototype handle. it's going to resemble a hockey stick.

and no, silly, it's just a mop. the only thing smoking will do is make you hungry enough to munch on the strands, and that's just gross.

Sure I can and will fix your title. the only problem is that there is a limit to the # of characters permitted in a title, so you need to adjust it so that you get your message across. So I will shorten Future Oinball to FP, and add the word Mop.

And as for what kind of old mop I have, that is none of your business, unless you are offering to stop over and do some housecleaning for me. :p

John

i knew i shouldn't have asked such a controversial question. :D

nicolas.b said:
i knew i shouldn't have asked such a controversial question. :D

Well, the problem is that I have a fairly young mop, although I do have an old broom. The mop is upset because the broom spends all its time with my dustpan. Now you know all about the unhealthy threesome in my apartment. For now on I'm sure you'll be more careful when asking some questions.

John

Actually I got a new mop this past weekend only problem was I had to use it. :)

Best "mop" I've ever used is a full roll of toilet paper.
Don't tear the start sheet. Just leave it attached and roll the roll over any spill in the house.

Except it is a 'single-use device' and it keeps falling apart.

thread necromancy- dig it.

when i first moved into this apt i made the mistake of getting one of those 'saw it on TV' mops made out of those super-absorbent styro-towel sheets cut into a sort of strip-like pattern. the pros were that it had a telescoping handle, thus would theoretically take up less space, and that the sheet would last indefinitely- hence less waste compared to the standard sponge mop which folds in two to squeeze the water out. i.e., stress on the sponge causes it to wear out kind of quickly.

turns out it was dreadful. the strips did a very vague job of cleaning an area properly, and the bottom of the mop assembly was a plastic locking mechanism that tended to scrape across the floor, making it very awkward to use. so, back to the classics...

My Big Mistake!

I have learned to NEVER buy those AS SEEN ON TV products.

They are all useless pieces of crap. The idea is always good,,, but
they never do what they claim they can do.

Rick

And sometimes those "t.v. things" are cheap variants of things that I already do "Hints from Heloise"-style.

The 'Bonus Funnel' that works only half as good as cutting the top off of a 2 liter plastic soda bottle.

Half-gallon soda bottles were.....well, just better!

anything seen on TV is a miracle--

let's just clear that up right now, young jim harkins. that is, lad, if you ever saw it on TV, in any way, shape or form, then it means you were witness to one of god's golden helpful heloises'... and no amount of argumentation will ever sanctorise pew's golden treasure upon your sunny golden brow, even though you were were nonesuch ever in possession, my dear matey to be, yar...

On that theme, anything on the internet is fact, the tabloids affirm this time over again and still wonder why at their demise?

Now there's a nice old mop that they just don't know how to use any more.

i dunno... the newspaper model is failing AFAIK because it's become a very inefficient delivery medium more than anything else. then again, ad revenue from online media has kind of failed to pan out. it's not a real good industry to be in, seemingly, at least in traditional terms.

meanwhile the discovery network model seems to be doing okay, perhaps because it's learned to cater to peoples' incessant need for titillation. i.e., all those reality shows disguised as 'science' and endless print articles about dinosaurs and such. *shrug*

I think it's due bad journalism or no journalism at all IMO..

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back