World's Series (Rock-Ola, 1934) VP8

VP8 Rock-ola Flipperless Recreation Rock Ola's World's Series v1.5

No permission to download

davidsss

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Hi

This is my third reproduction and my first flipperless. Also the first I've done with animation.

For your pinballing pleasure, Rock Ola's World's Series from 1934.

This is a fun flipperless which is quite challenging.

Be sure to read the release notes for a cheat I left in from testing - you can see the baseball diamond animate if you find it too hard to score runs yourself. It is quite a difficult machine. And give the gift that gives twice this christmas - see the release notes.

I'm about to upload to PN and IRP so it should appear fairly soon.

DS

davidsss said:
No success with the upload - I'll keep trying.

DS

David, Jon is still trying to work out the kinks in the upload system. If need be, you can send the table to me at [email protected] and I'll see if I can add it manually.

John

Hi John

I figured Jon was still wrestling with the system so I thought I'd try again from home tonight. But I'll send it to your email from work and see if that works.

I imagine this is sucking up a lot of Jon's time and I hope my messages aren't being taken as a "hurry up". I admire all of the people who put the time and effort into keeping these sites going. I know if I was running a site like this it would take quite a while to get anything back online because of time constraints.

Expect an email presently. :)

DS

Yeah, I couldn't begin to make a web site, and if it was up to me to keep it all running properly, I'd be lost. Luckily I've learned enough to approve downloads, but any real behind the scenes stuff has me baffled. At least I have the common sense to keep hands off if I have any doubts about anything. I'll see what I can do about getting your table up David.

John

Well John you have obviously learned one of the best lessons in life.

Whether it's maintaining a website, renovating a house, fiddling with computers, fixing cars or whatever the most important knowledge you need in any of these tasks is to know your limits. I can do a fair bit of most of the above but I feel I've really benefited from knowing my limits especially when it comes to house renovation.

Thanks for the help in uploading this one - it certainly took a while to make and I have trouble getting on to the computer at home as my partner's work takes precedence over games. Such is life. Time to look for some good graphics for my next recreation ;)

DS

Hi All

I seem to be unable to upload this to IRP and PN. I think Jon must still be having problems with this.

TiltJP is also trying to get the file up on PN at least but I can't see it there. I also noticed that TiltJP has managed to get a couple of other files up on PN and IRP, I have no idea what I'm doing wrong??

Anyway I have uploaded the table to a free hosting site.

This is a nice flipperless which is quite challenging and fun. It has a baseball theme and an animated baseball diamond. In fact I reckon it's one of the best flipperless you'll find. See the reviews on the IPDB if you don't believe me ;)

It is now available at http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=6665256

Enjoy.

DS

Jon has just alerted me to a slight problem in the script - it is a leftover from my testing. There are keycodes for the S and D keys (keys 31 and 32) which refer to EMReel2 which doesn't exist. You just need to comment out or delete this part of the code. Or you could just avoid hitting the S or D keys as they are not used in the game.

I'm trying to upload again and will send the file to Jon with the correction if it doesn't work.

I might also try to upload from home after work and see if I have any more success.

DS

PS; Jon has uploaded to PN - thanks.

Thank You for World's Series!
I love this machine and actually started to recreate it a couple of years ago, it's very complex and you've done a fantastic job, it looks beautiful and is a fine contraption!

I've uploaded (via ftp) the script fixed version at IRP and Pinball Nirvana, I also was unable to upload this file via public uploads at PN and IRP so don't feel bad... :p Both of the upload programs have been replaced and/or upgraded since my sites disappeared last week, they are accepting smaller files and i have the settings @ a limit of 15MB's. The hosting company upgraded the server and i apparently have some more bugs to squash.

An excellent contraption! :D

I had a PM from Pinballdork earlier, he has a friend with this machine.

Apparently the bottom slot marked 'play ball' can collect the ball and return it to the shooter. Just looking at the machine I reckon it is still possible to have a ball stuck down the bottom without going into the slot as there is ample room between the bottom of the playfield and the slot. However, hitting a ball which has been stuck down the bottom would likely cause one of the balls to go into the playball slot. Also if it is the last ball (more on that later) then I would imagine that a player would attempt to nudge any ball stuck at the bottom into the slot so they can play that ball. I thought I'd put this to the people who have been playing this machine: do you want me to make this correction? It would be pretty simple as all I would need to do is put a few hidden kickers over the slot to collect the ball. My preference is to do this as it would add to authenticity.

Pinballdork also mentioned that the only way to complete the game is to get 3 outs. While I think this is effectively true, the rules on the original pic that I used stated that the game ends when you get 3 outs or 15 balls on the playfield. I think this is because the game only has 15 balls in it. However, given that any ball which leaves the playfield is returned this effectively means that you are highly unlikely to run out of balls before you get 3 outs. As such I will leave the way the balls are counted, giving you a limit of 15 on the table at once.

So, any opinions on getting your balls back if they go down the playball slot?

Thanks (especially to Pinballdork for the info)
DS

I think your proposed changes/adjustments are a good solution David. I still haven't scored any runs, but I did have 1 hit and a walk, so I'm getting better.

John

Uploaded version 1.5 to PN and IRP. This version has the changes based on information from Pinballdork (thanks).

Unfortunately I uploaded a version where I haven't fixed the earlier small bug :oops: - to do this you need to delete lines 176 to 182 of the code, sorry. Or you could just avoid hitting the S or D keys.

Enjoy this over christmas!

DS

Version 1.5 is now available here. I'll have to give it a try to see if I can score any runs now or not.

John

Thanks for the update, I love this recreation and am sure Michael Sands would want to know about it, he supplied the videos!

He can be contacted at The Sands Mechanical Museum here:
http://www.sandsmuseum.com

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back