Ian (WVP)

Pinball Hall of Famer
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Medieval Madness
Just read this over at VPForums :(

Hi Everyone,

It's with a heavy heart that I must announce the unexpected passing of Loserman76 (Jeff Whitehead) on November 16th.
I don't know any details. I just happened upon the email his wife sent in response to a PM notification from another member.
It's always a sad day when we lose one of our own.
I would love to hear stories of people's interaction with him. He was a good guy, and I feel I missed a great opportunity to get to know him better. So, if you have any stories, please share.

RIP, Jeff.

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that, and thank you for the update, Ian.

Unfortunately, the scene splitting in to different sites and sub-communities over the years has meant that there's a lot of people I didn't properly meet after ~2009 or so. I blame myself to some degree, as I should have made a better effort hanging out at the relaunched VPF, as well as the two other top sites, VPU & VPinball (RIP, again). Then again, my passion for pinball sort of left me for a decade before coming back recently. (you know how those things go) And it's not the same situation, anyway. Meaning, VPF, Rascal's lair, VPU, the FB scenes, PN, and a couple of smaller scenes pretty-well ensure that it would be almost a 24/7 job for a hive-mind social butterfly to keep track of everyone.

ANYway... I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet Jeff, although I'm a huge admirer of his reconstruction art. So far I've added a few of his backglass works here: (at reduced quality, to respect the source site VPU)

Do you know if we have any biographical info or stories about him, Ian? (I mean, from VPU & VPF, etc?)

Although Archive.Org could potentially be used as a source, I thought I'd reach out to Dazz and Noah for their blessing upon sharing some of Jeff's latest stuff here, only available on their sites.

I figured the last table @Loserman76 published ("Bow and Arrow") would be a good place to start, so I reached out to JPSalas and @goldchicco as well, both supporting authors on that one.

Welp, Noah and JP quickly replied in very supportive terms. So, knock on wood-- it looks like we're good to do a small tribute to Jeff's work at PN. :-)

I'll wait a bit more to see if GoldChicco and Dazz check in before uploading Bow and Arrow.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back