SS Original Table Sand Reapers: Assassin's of the Desert

Solid State Machines

Anthias

Pinball Player
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Battle For The Down
My next table is well underway, and has a lot of work to go, but bare with me.

A very long time ago I did a table called road trip. It wasn't exceptional, but featured a "car stereo" which had a full album of my music and controls on the keyboard to skip tracks forward or back, set to shuffle etc.

I wanted to reuse that feature, and considerably rework that layout to something much better. So it calls for a band table. But what band? I couldn't decide. But the AI generator scene is getting interesting, so I leveraged it to create a soundtrack to this table.

The Sand Reapers were a non existent rock/electronica fusion band in the late 1990s of some other universe. Their astonishing first album, Assassin's of the Desert, is also non existent. It's 14 tracks are all included on this table, in full. These recordings have come to us through the magic of an "Accidental Intersection" of universes, a pseudo mandella effect if you will.

Thanks to that AI event, we are blessed with the ability to enjoy their music in the pinball table which honours it.

I Will get you some images ASAP. At the moment I'm not sold on the artwork, but it's getting there. There are some complex layout elements I need to finish up before posting a screenshot.

Last edited:
A tentative screenshot. Art and layout still being worked on.

Attachments

• screenshot1.jpg
    screenshot1.jpg
    792.8 KB · Views: 19
Been productive tonight = a lot of layout and code fixes, plus populated and coded the entire raised playfield. A bit of play testing and it's starting to come together. Not excessively complex rules, but certainly not an easy table either! The animated / dropping ramps are behaving nicely, and really add a significant factor to the layout.

I'll post a new screenshot in coming days.

Many changes probably aren't very obvious, but the flow of the play has been tweaked astronomically. Also you can now see what the plan is for the raised playfield, with three kickers that shoot the ball back then around to the launch shoot via a ramp assembly, when all 3 are lit you then launch the related three ball multiball mode by lighting the targets along the rear, which will spell Assassins. It is a challenging mode to get, in spite of its simplicity.

Attachments

• screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    817.4 KB · Views: 13
So now it has a translight.

Attachments

• image_2023-12-01_235116277.png
    image_2023-12-01_235116277.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
This is complete except a bit more testing to satisfy myself (some modes are HARD and I'm not... Very good. LOL.)

Once I am convinced it all works without falling apart, I will release. This one can get REALLY fast, and the action is heart stopping at times, frankly I love it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 4.jpg
    Screenshot 4.jpg
    788.2 KB · Views: 4
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back