Score Fonts altered between VP versions

Parker

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
I installed the Nov 6, 2007, 0.8.9506 version of VP - as part of a recent install pack.
However, I am encountering a problem when viewing the Score Fonts of earlier VP tables such as Gottlieb 1971 Dimension (Jun 13, 2004) and Williams 1975 Black Gold RC1 (Oct 7, 2003) or 1976 Blue Chip RC2 (May 27, 2004). These still appear fine when run with an earlier version of 0.7.7012 VPinball.exe from Oct 12th, 2005.
Their fonts appear either over sized and off-centered for its area or else too thin to easily read.
My desktop XP screen is 1024x768 windowed. Is this problem already known? and is there a fix for it?

Solution
If a table use textboxes for score, the font will be effected on different resolutions. The author makes the table to display properly on his monitor, but sometimes you have to adjust the font size in your editor to fit the box. Remember, this is only for textboxes with the score in them, it is not for ROMs or Reel based score displays. Back in the old days the Reel based score displays would screw up depending on your system, but VP8 fixed that issue.

There are a lot of Originals and old EM's that use Textbox scoring, but nothing VPM.
Sometimes the fonts or graphics can be messed up when playing in windowed mode,try playing in fullscreen instead.

Any chance you've got the two installations in different directories and one of those directories has the fonts in it? I think that would cause it to use the "local" copy of the font rather than the Windows version... If there is no Windows version, the install without the local copy of the font wouldn't look right at all.

I just made all that up, but it seemed logical... :rasta:

I've never had that problem and I've installed at least 1/2 a dozen different VP versions - but always to the same directory.

I have the same problem. 1280 x 768.
I believe it comes from the wide screen format.I play Vp full screen.
It doesn´t bother me too much as it is the ONLY problem I actually have with VP.

Playing VP in a non-4:3 screen aspect ratio is known to cause issues though... You can set VP to switch to 1024x768 when it plays and eliminate the issue.

If a table use textboxes for score, the font will be effected on different resolutions. The author makes the table to display properly on his monitor, but sometimes you have to adjust the font size in your editor to fit the box. Remember, this is only for textboxes with the score in them, it is not for ROMs or Reel based score displays. Back in the old days the Reel based score displays would screw up depending on your system, but VP8 fixed that issue.

There are a lot of Originals and old EM's that use Textbox scoring, but nothing VPM.

Solution
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "Complete list of VB commands".
      Back