shiva

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Trigon
Hey, a actual post about pinball in a pinball forum. Who would have thought?

I built shivaEngine3 for my own purposes, as I love the older classic ss type games, but it always bugged me that I never could get a proper menu system in there, so that people can adjust their own settings for the game. I spend a lot of time balancing everything, but people do have their preferences after all, and it's great for testing as well in game.

Anyway, I ripped it out of the vbs files, and with Brian giving me the one piece of missing info, managed to get a vpm menu style system in place, or at least the ability to select from multiple options (except for one small bug when the table is loaded in for the very first time). Only amount of balls in play is in, but as se3 is really a simple engine, and I have a small bit of time available, I'm gonna add some new options as a global setting, so all 4 se3 tables will be able to use them.

So, what would you like to see in the menu system, and what kind of settings available as options? My settings from game to game vary, but Kiss used 0.06/5.1 for the flippers, and slope was 6.5. Tons of other settings can be added as well I guess, even for objects, or fields to adjust the styles, or the amount of bonus and use the menu system instead of the script.

There doesn't seem to be a shortage of opinions around here, but how about we actually use it for pinball for a nice change?

That is a very nice addition to your ShivaEngine:) A menu system is a great idea and its nice to give authors quick access to make a menu system with any tables made with your engine, thanks for your hard work!

Authers can not make tables with his engine because he does not release it. he keeps it to himself and releases locked tables with it. The menu system is nothing to get excited about.

Well even if that is the case, he makes great recreations on the engine and whether he decides to share it or not is Shiva's call, as he did build it:) Its still a great engine and he has released some great tables using it as well.

And attitudes like that will make sure I won't change my mind either down the road. I guess you never had entire sections of your work just ripped out and passed off as someone's else either.

BTW, before you do make such a statement, maybe you should actually check your facts first. It's a engine, like tourque or DX, not a table or a template. Just the table graphics and the layout is locked, the actual engine script is not, and all the scripts are fully commented, and even have instructions on how to set up in the editor. If someone wants to use it, and understands that these are labelled as builds, then there it is for them to do so.

There is nothing stopping anyone from making their own tables, all I asked is to be treated with the same rights that Randy has with VP, Black has with FP, and what other authors have. If someone has troubles getting it working, then all they have to do is ask me for help. Like everything else with scripting. the person needs to understand it before he can use it. If someone takes the time to make their own table using the engine, then I will take the time to help them.

Sounds like you had a run in with PacDude?

I agree that you should be able to keep shiva engine to your self. I just still think because you do, that it is nothing to get too excited about.

I won't point fingers at anyone, what would be the point? Besides, it wasn't PacDude anyway, though there are a couple things in the things he does I started. He has always stated that he doesn't give credit anyway, and that's fine, since the thing I ripped out of VPM I believe he did, or had a part of, so i guess I can do the exact same thing. :)

Ironic huh? Funny that, as it's been a day for ironies for me. I'm glad that you seem to have thought it out and taken a better view shocky, I hate to spoil what has been one of the best days I have ever had with a stupid arguement.

I do have the right to change my mind, but don't expect it now. EBD will more than likely be finished, once I get those plastics, and once done, that will more than likely be it for quite a while, if ever.

Re: RE: shivaEngine3 Menu system

shiva said:
I do have the right to change my mind, but don't expect it now. EBD will more than likely be finished, once I get those plastics, and once done, that will more than likely be it for quite a while, if ever.

That's really quite a shame Shiva as I think your version of Power Play is without a doubt THE best recreation of the versions released, even surpassing the drab VPM version.

Of course, your Star Trek table is quite nice, but wish you would do a 7-digiit version. :)

And I always thought that Trigon set the bar for originals.

Would be a shame to lose you because of twats like Shockman.

RE: Re: RE: shivaEngine3 Menu system

No, after the constant abuse dumped on me for years, I will never give them that satisfaction, especially since I didn't ask for their opinions.

This is a personal matter, and thanks to the people at VPF not enforcing their own rules (I guess because it was me, so it was perfectly fine) a very personal matter that I have had to face for the last 6 years came out.

That matter appears to be finally coming to a end, and for those that wonder, it appears I may have finally won my case, and have got what I have been trying desperately all these years to achieve.

There are far more important things in life, and since my entire previous life will be ripped away, including all the bad memories, it's time to start over, create my new life, and reinvent myself as well.

There is nothing more for me to do here. I've done everything I could, and have learned everything I could along the way. I answered that question we all ask ourselves, and not to try and go higher, and allow myself to stagnate is not a option.

I still could be better at a few things, but I no longer have the need to be better at that. I lost my love for all of this a while back, and it just hasn't returned, and I doubt it ever will. There's a lack of challenge now, and I am the type of person that needs a challenge, especially since I am gonna have one hell of a challenge in my real life very soon.

Of course, I could get one of those 3d rendering programs and give Kurt a run for his money as well. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back