Shops

TheMcD

sXe And Better Than You
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Big Hurt, Tommy, Safecracker, Addams Family, Frankenstein, Hook, Four Horsemen
So, we be plannin' to add some more stuff to that place? Have yet to purchase something (a little broke right now) but it looks promising.

Any chance we'll be getting either a glass of milk or root beer in that drink store? I'm 100% anti-alcoholic, and not too much of a tea person either.

Discuss the new PN store.

The McD

Upvote 0
ah, where is this?
i looked around some but only wound up buying some raffle tickets.

sounds good, and i got you something.

maybe if there are some mini-icons or smilies that we like in particular, jon can upload as items to be bought?

How does one open a store?

TheMcD, have a Root Beer on me!

VbCommerce was installed last week, I have been waiting for this Beta release ever since Vbulletin replaced our old forums (PNphpbb2) back in October of 07, some of you may recall that we had similar Credits and Shop mods back then. This version is far more advanced and works with the Credits, Credits are gained by many different ways, one is simply by logging in.

FYI, I've renamed this thread and the Navigation Bar link to Shops because I don't want anyone getting the wrong impression, Real money is never used! When it was installed, I didn't have time to look over options and add many Items, (working on a new download system for old VPM Tables that were at VPF) but that changed so check it out, the shop I created is called Nirvana.

Some important information:
VbCommerce isn't even available to the general public yet, the free released version will have a 3 shop limit, this beta version was purchased and currently has unlimited shops. This puchase wouldn't have happened without the donations from the Site Supporters which are listed on this page, View Forum Leaders.

Currently only Admins, Mods and Site Supporters can set up their own shops but that might change when VbCommerce is final. Users can use credits to buy stuff for themselves and even give gifts to other Users, Items are displayed next to your posts and in your Profile page. After you get stuff you can choose which items to display in the Shops Manage Your Icons Link.

Visit the View Shop Directory to see all of the different Shops.

Kindly let me know if you run into problems, this is a Beta program and I'm still poking around...:poke:

Step right up folks
that right, you all need to have a look at my quality produce

come to 'Retro fun'

Our sales team are ready to serve you

Credit cards are worshipped, but cash is also accepted ;)

more stuff will be added soon

Pete

Thanks for Retro fun!

Bought me a Pop Bumper and I thought the sales team were ok but they need some more training...
:p\'n\'l:

How do I add items to my shop to sell?

Shops
Shop control panel
just under the banner 'Create new [icon v] item [go]'

you can work out the rest

i'm quite happy with my purchase of a pop bumper from "retro fun"-- it's a really cool image.

but i do request that the lower white line of static be cut off the image...

Yeah, I am still working on the details
I have to resize the icons to 60x60 , otherwise the forum software will resize them for me

Shops
Shop control panel
just under the banner 'Create new [icon v] item [go]'

you can work out the rest

I don't seem to get that option. I even switched browsers and gave it a go.

I don't seem to get that option. I even switched browsers and gave it a go.
I also had a problem locating this when setting up the first time, this option that TheManFromPOST mentioned in:
Shops
Shop control panel
just under the banner 'Create new [icon] item [go]'

Is at the very top of the page, you were also listed in 2 different user groups so that might have been a problem.

Hey, it's there now!!

I'm in business!

attachment.php

Attachments

• PNaward.jpg
    PNaward.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 560
gold trophy for being a member of the old VPF gold star club... baby!

on the downer side, all of these trophies have wound up making each post huge and full of empty space. a better arrangement might be if they could be lined up between one's user name on the left and one's stats on the right.

i must admit i'm a big fan of keeping posts lean and mean, leading to more content versus less scrolling and clicking.

I think it's a category deal Nic, bob gave me two drinks and each are side by side, you can have the Bud Light if you want it, the other is an alright breakfast beer or at least an old friend of mine swears by it. ;)

Oh and scroll wheel mice are great, then again 1600x1200 monitors are all good too. :)

I think it's a category deal Nic, bob gave me two drinks and each are side by side...
yea, and i'm guessing that JPH would have to hack the hack to make the goodies appear in a way that wouldn't make posts longer.
....something which i doubt he'd actually have time for.

so to bob, pete and whoever else-- if my goodies suddenly disappear then please don't be offended!

Oh and scroll wheel mice are great, then again 1600x1200 monitors are all good too. :)
plus there's the scroll wheels which rock to either side, triggering actions, which i have set as page up and page down.

To JPH

I tried to send a gift to one of our friends & I got the following:

No complain, just for your information.:wave::thumright::mrgreen:

Attachments

• 2009-03-09_162309.jpg
    2009-03-09_162309.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 377
I tried to send a gift to one of our friends & I got the following:

No complain, just for your information.:wave::thumright::mrgreen:
Thanks, I received an email about this today and the program has been upgraded. This is the release that we've been waiting for!

on the downer side, all of these trophies have wound up making each post huge and full of empty space. a better arrangement might be if they could be lined up between one's user name on the left and one's stats on the right.

i must admit i'm a big fan of keeping posts lean and mean, leading to more content versus less scrolling and clicking.
Yeah, I noticed this while testing the beta program and wanted to wait for the first public release before modifying stuff, this happened today.

I've changed some settings that will help, disabled the category grouping next to posts, eliminating some blank spaces. Changed the max icons per row from 5 to 8 and might change it to 10 later. FYi, there is a setting which is currently set to 10 for the maximum number of icons to display next to posts, no matter how many you own.

None of the above settings apply when viewing a members profile, everything they own will be displayed in categories if they have set them to be viewed in their Manage Your Icons.

Time for some more testing but I plan on allowing all registered members to own and operate their own shops.

I've changed some settings that will help, disabled the category grouping next to posts, eliminating some blank spaces.
That was a good idea. Some of the user-info sections already started to become bigger than an average post, which made me wonder if i shouldnt propose some 'restraint' as far as this option goes, you know, so actual post content doesnt keep 'drowning' in repeated irrelevancies.

(At VPF (before the 2.0 upgrade) we were told we dont get bigger avatars so we had to make do with the tiny stamp format. That sucked since a decent modern avatar needs a certain size to look good and detailed, (especially on 1600x1200 and higher), but too much is not good either so it is important to find the right balance between O.K. and distracting/annoying. I think a good rule of thumb is: If a user-info section and/or signature is significantly bigger than an average post then it is definitely too big and should be reduced in size. Otherwise the place ends up with a too low signal-to-noise ratio.)

I plan on allowing all registered members to own and operate their own shops.
Good idea too. Cant wait to start selling everyone my collection of girlie pics,...look out for Issue1 - Cute Con-Babes In Chains,...:smurfin:

(No seriously, i think its cool that you open it for all registered members.) :cool:

Last edited:
I've changed some settings that will help, disabled the category grouping next to posts, eliminating some blank spaces. Changed the max icons per row from 5 to 8 and might change it to 10 later. FYi, there is a setting which is currently set to 10 for the maximum number of icons to display next to posts, no matter how many you own.
much betterer! ^^

Testing has gone well but please report any bugs.

All registered Users should now be able to open and operate their own shops!
You can even team up with other users to manage a shop and split the profits, if you want.

The initial shop (featured) that you see in the Shops link is set to be random, shop owners can also feature a item in their shop. All Registered Users can review the shops and rate them, you don't have to own one to rate them.

Enjoy and feel free to announce your shops as open in this thread or create a new thread about your shop and why we should patronize it!
:walk:

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Damonogy48 is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back