Bally Skateball (Bally, 1980) New to pins and trying to fix.

keithwoody

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Nightmare on Elm St
I just purchased my first pinball machine since 1992. It is a Bally Skate Ball. When powered up the playfield lights up and it makes a buzzing noise. The green light on the board is very dim. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Partial success! Machine fires up fine when cold. after it warms up the sound quits working and wont register when you insert quarters. Hey at least it isnt dead in the water! After the sound stops you can turn it off then back on and the led flashes 6 times. Where to go now?

Try disconnecting the sound board and see what happens.

Disconnected the sound board and it plays very well. There is a little dimming in some of the playfield lights. All of the display lights on the back board work well. all of the counters work as well.

Is there a switch setting to make it free play? I never could find anything related to it on this machine.

Is there a switch setting to make it free play? I never could find anything related to it on this machine.

Not on this machine. Most people set the first replay to like 10,000 points.

Disconnected the sound board and it plays very well. There is a little dimming in some of the playfield lights. All of the display lights on the back board work well. all of the counters work as well.

Reseaching sound board issue.

OK sound board has been serviced. Capacitors changed and board tested by a service shop. Now the amplification seems much greater but just humming noise and will occasionally lock up the entire machine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Free Bally! has left the room.
      Back