Sleepy's Midnight Cult Films

Yes. Mr. Casanova seems to earn his surname for being lost.

Well, he 'found' a lot of 'hidden' places :D

What a guy .....

Imported posts from vb4.2.3, let me know if I should delete this post.

sleepy

I will be patient.

01-28-2016, 04:27 AM
sleepy

<iframe src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x27ybd8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="270" width="480"></iframe>

01-28-2016, 04:41 AM
sleepy

01-28-2016, 04:47 AM
sleepy

EDIT: Magical Mystery Tour refuses to work in my Firefox.
It only wants to work in another browser.

01-28-2016, 04:51 AM
sleepy

01-28-2016, 05:06 AM
sleepy

So I replaced it with an old-school horror flick featuring Roy Scheider in his first movie role.
But I did not realize that I posted so many Magical Mystery Tours! And so, there is still a Magical Mystery Tour available on Page 1 of this thread.

:)

<center>
<iframe src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x15bsnb" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="270" width="480"></iframe>
</center>

01-28-2016, 05:13 AM
elton

Without a shadow of a doubt an absolutely awful film. If it wasn't for the Beatles songs it would be unwatchable ... and even with, it still may be.

01-28-2016, 06:08 AM
sleepy

It wasn't working in my Firefox! :)

And why is George singing about Blue Jay Way; a street in L.A. And the fog that is laying there?
And why is Adele singing about visiting California and remembering her childhood?

Doesn't Anybody come from The U.K.?

01-28-2016, 07:27 AM
elton

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
It wasn't working. So I replaced it. :)
Thank you for that blessing :D

01-28-2016, 12:46 PM
sleepy

Damn! I should have watched that Spaghetti Western while I had a chance to.
It's been terminated!

01-28-2016, 01:12 PM
elton

Always remember some Western films that were not too popular but which my wife and I thought very entertaining. My Name Is Trinity was one :D Would love to see that again. Will have to check the torrents :)

01-28-2016, 08:52 PM
ruby651

OMG! Henry Fonda... right, Elton? My mom took me to see that when I was a kid... we thought it was funny as hell! Oh... did you see the sequel? Thank me later!

EDIT: Elton, you filthy liar! Henry Fonda's not in that! Don't know why I thought that. It's possible I might be mixing it up with Once Upon A Time in the West, but I don't think I knew about that one until it became my Holy Grail in the '90s.
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vFaqi3xxhow" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

01-28-2016, 08:55 PM
ruby651

Oh... and the original!

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/O-20jKGCNuo" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

01-28-2016, 09:13 PM
ruby651

Seriously... Once Upon A Time In the West is the ginchiest! Here's one of my favorites in a script that's pure gold:

Frank: Morton once told me I could never be like him. Now I understand why. Wouldn't have bothered him, knowing you were around somewhere alive.
Harmonica: So, you found out you're not a businessman after all.
Frank: Just a man.
Harmonica: An ancient race. Other Mortons'll be along, and they'll kill it off.
Frank: The future don't matter to us. Nothing matters now - not the land, not the money, not the woman. I came here to see you, 'cause I know that now you'll tell me what you're after.
Harmonica: Only at the point of dyin'.

An ancient race. Preach it, brother! This part from the beginning's a little more humorous. And there's an important lesson about always bringing a spare horse. I know I do!

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8XkHsinz7oU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

01-28-2016, 11:34 PM
GSGregg

Quote:
For some reason, Magical Mystery Tour is refusing to play.
So I replaced it with an old-school horror flick featuring Roy Scheider in his first movie role.
One of us is confused (it could well be me) ; I just hit the link in post #29, and Magical Mystery Tour began playing in all of its glory.

It was/is indeed unwatchable, though; I managed to get through maybe half of it (the progress bar disappeared and wouldn't be coaxed back) ; my main interest was seeing if the blonde Courier was going to give us a 'Sharon Stone', but I got tired of waiting.

The 'Original' Trinity movie, if I'm not mistooked, was "My Name Is Nobody" featuring the 'demise' of Fonda's gunfighter.....

01-29-2016, 01:35 AM
sleepy

Ahhh...

An evil man, smiling as though with serrated lips on Gazpacho in the Sun.
Killing family that isn't even his, and then he's jus' grinning.
King Harvest has surely come. Grazie. Una camera per due cavalli.

I once worked at GAF. The "Cerulien Blue" company. That location in Glendale was closed, then converted to a police station. Shortly thereafter, the personnel at the station developed an epidemic of cancer.
The chemicals that were used by GAF for film developing at this location were blamed for the incidence.

01-29-2016, 11:41 AM
ruby651

Bless you, Gregg! My Name is Nobody! That clears up my Fonda-related issues! It, apparently, doesn't clear up sleepy's Fonda-related issues. If you're wondering how we got from Spaghetti Westerns to GAF, this may clear matters up. I don't remember another commercial with two Oscar winners in it. Although I think we can all agree that Jodie doesn't deserve one for this performance. A wooden Indian could do a better job, kid!
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DAxJzwawc7g" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

01-29-2016, 12:00 PM
ruby651

I got one of those Google Cardboard VR things for Xmas and, I must say, when it works, it's pretty good 3D. The problem is that it can take 5 minutes to download 1 minute of virtual-reality goodness. That's why I'm seriously considering the new View-Master that comes with pre-loaded data. Check this link out and scroll down to the video where a very pretty girl and a douchebag with a stupid haircut will tell you how it works.

http://www.view-master.com/en-us

01-29-2016, 12:01 PM
GSGregg

I aim to please, Ruby.....but now I'm hoping for some insight to the "serrated lips on Gazpacho..." quip.

01-29-2016, 12:57 PM
ruby651
1 Attachment(s)

LOL! I think sleepy's channeling Raymond Chandler through a Sergio Leone filter. :guns: One thing he is doing is offering up some very veiled spoilers! So... thought I'd check out the "Insert Image" function. It's looking kinda crazy format-wise, but it seems to be working. Man, but I love that cover! I would have banned that comic, too! Look at this long enough and it's easy to picture it as a glimpse of what would have happened if Reggie and Veronica from the Archie comics got married.
Attachment 6798

01-29-2016, 04:53 PM
GSGregg

Or, Wifey should avoid burning the bacon again, if she gets another chance

01-29-2016, 05:04 PM
sleepy

Pardon. "Serrated (sawtooth) lips" implies chapped, cut lips. Gazpacho is very acidic.
Like paper cuts with Gazpacho in the sunshine.

01-29-2016, 05:14 PM
ruby651

Quote:
Pardon. "Serrated (sawtooth) lips" implies chapped, cut lips. Gazpacho is very acidic.
Like paper cuts with Gazpacho in the sunshine.
Well, that sounds like The Good, the Bad and the Ugly... the part where poor Clint's been baking out in the sun?

01-29-2016, 05:52 PM
sleepy

Not when Frank is smilin'.

01-29-2016, 05:56 PM
sleepy

And another "Frank" might use Gasoline in the basement. I don't think Clint ever used that.

Btw, what is the name of "The Man With No Name"? Bonus points if you can name the Richard Harris character in the film, "A Man Called Horse".

01-29-2016, 06:08 PM
sleepy

Shoot. I don't even know those answers.

01-29-2016, 06:49 PM
GSGregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby651 View Post
Seriously... [/FONT][/COLOR]<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8XkHsinz7oU" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
Need some more Bronson? How about 1971/1972's Red Sun with Toshiro Mifune, Alain Delon and Ursula Andress?

Notable quote: "Enjoy the hospitality of the Hotel Masin (sp)." You kinda had to be there, but I thought I'd find at least some mention of it around the web (nope). The three principals are practically accosted by the butt-kissing innkeeper as they prepare for a night's stay, and when several outlaws are later dispatched, Link (Bronson) looks at the samurai and repeats the sentence. Like, uh-huh.

01-29-2016, 07:04 PM
GSGregg

Quote:

Btw, what is the name of "The Man With No Name"? Bonus points if you can name the Richard Harris character in the film, "A Man Called Horse".
I don't suppose it'd be kosher to utilize Wikipedia.....

01-29-2016, 07:16 PM
ruby651

@sleepy I hope it's "Horse"!

I found Red Sun on Youtube! Sort of. They want me to pay $2.99 to watch it. The version looks pretty good, it's just hard for an inveterate pirate to fork over the do-re-mi to watch it. Oh, that makes sense! It's sleepy's greedy pals from Warner Brothers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8jKNq6pP94

01-29-2016, 07:36 PM
GSGregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby651 View Post
@sleepy I hope it's "Horse"!

I found Red Sun on Youtube! Sort of. They want me to pay $2.99 to watch it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8jKNq6pP94
Added enticement: Per an article in, I believe, a contemporary Black Belt Magazine (EDIT: Sept. '72), the story is based on an actual occurrence. However, I haven't tried to verify it.....

01-29-2016, 10:45 PM
sleepy

My greedy pals at YouTube, which was started on a dare when they were going on about "how only fake people were allowed to make movies, videos, etc. and receive distribution".

EDIT: And the other cause was to provide an upload space for family videos, which is why there is a choice of publishing a YouTube video as "Public" or "Private". In the last several years I've also been pushing for the Live feeds, which I believe is part of the future. Instead of working through a private computer or streaming service or SQL server by manual assertion, future cameraphones will offer built-in live streaming with file storage options through the ISP. No need for Skype or a special Apache link. This was considered back when YouTube was started, but was not technically feasable at the time. Greedy pals who refuse commoners access to their money owed by the studios of course took YouTube for themselves. I'm not proud.

Yeah, I had to look it up myself. You have your choice of "John Morgan", "Blondie", or "Joe". Who is who?

01-30-2016, 02:36 AM
ruby651

Yeah... I'll pass on the pocket live-feed, Big Brother. Stay out of my pants! Isn't that what the flag with the snake on it says? Maybe that's on the North Korean flag? I wonder how I'd find that out? I know! I could check one of my posts over at Rogue Pinball, where my North Korean flag is proudly on display!
Man, you could build one bad-ass Bronson filmfest with the ones they have for rent through Youtube. Just looking at the side column on the Red Sun page, I spotted Breakout, Breakheart Pass, Hard Times... man did I dig Hard Times! Saw that one with my dad at the Mall Cinema in Wichita, Ks. Bare-knuckled boxing during the Depression with James Coburn playing the smooth-talking sidekick. A pretty grown-up evening for a ten-year-old. Afterwards we got a pint of Jack and picked up some hookers.:pimp:

01-30-2016, 02:56 AM
sleepy

Bill, I'm not talking about what our governments are already doing with cameras behind our backs.
The live feeds are more to do with making it easy for families and friends to share holidays and events Privately, just like webcams are now, But webcams are not portable. Those who use it could be required to secure the location using GPS in order to prevent intrusion against the rest of us.

As for Bronson, I'll include "From Noon Til Three"...*Cough*. And I believe most of the DeLaurentiis productions were also "derived from another source".

01-30-2016, 03:45 AM
elton

I have come to the conclusion honorable friends, that you are writing in a language that is alien to me!!!!!

Just when I think I understand 'it' you alter 'it' and I find myself starting again. Bit like trying to read 'War and Peace'

It all started when I commented how appalling Yellow Submarine' was.

Must go possums, have a DIY lobotomy to perform. :help:

01-30-2016, 04:25 AM
ruby651

Yellow Submarine? That's nothin'! Have you ever seen Magical Mystery Tour? I read somewhere on the internet that it's really bad!
No one to blame but yourself, Elton. You started it with the Trinity stuff... now you've got about three movies to watch. Chop-chop!

01-30-2016, 05:19 AM
elton

Oh Dusk a Fuck ..... I meant Magical Mystery Tour ...... Grrrrr!!!!!!

Yellow Sub is a cracking cartoon .... love it to bits.

See what happens when you get out of bed, tired, too much to do, eyes not yet focussing and brain really not in gear.

01-30-2016, 06:35 AM
StevOz

Ah ha, speaking of Western cult classics well surely Shanghai Noon must rate. :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0184894/

01-31-2016, 03:38 PM
ruby651

I don't know, Steve... that one was a little too popular upon release to be a "cult" movie. Mind you, that doesn't mean it wasn't good! I think a Jackie Chan cult movie would have to be some of the krazy kung-fu flicks he did in the '70s, or some of his pre-Rumble In the Bronx stuff in the '80s. John Woo's another good Asian Cult-er. Some of those bad-ass movies he did with Chow Yun-Fat like The Killer and Hard-Boiled are cult classics.

01-31-2016, 06:38 PM
StevOz

AH, yes you maybe right about any cult status, so I'll put forward a true Australian Cult Classic and dare you to watch it. :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106341/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Bad Boy Bubby, it's one twisted flick!

01-31-2016, 09:24 PM
GSGregg

Off-the-wall westerns? Try the recent Cowboys And Aliens with Daniel "James Bond" Craig.....

01-31-2016, 10:37 PM
ruby651

Dear god, Steve... what the hell's wrong with you? I went to Amazon and watched a clip from it... yikes! But that, without a doubt, would be a good cult movie candidate!

02-01-2016, 02:37 AM
sleepy

Steve, for some reason my first Psychic Impression was about "The Cars that Eat People". And then I thought about "Braindead / Dead Alive" (never seen, though I would).
And then "Picnic at Hanging Rock" which I've never seen, though it was a favorite of the Fox Venice revival theater in the 70's.
And "Mad Max".

Thank God for No Psychics.

02-01-2016, 08:37 AM
sleepy

Sleepy has something to say about Bubby. It is reported that the film picked up a feral cat from the Animal Control dept. for some "torture scenes", but then needed it dead.
So the filmmakers sent the doomed creature back to Animal Control for its scheduled extermination by a vet. After which, the filmmakers picked up the dead cat from Animal Control to finish the shoot. This was the only way they could use the dead cat the way that they wanted to and still be able to release the film legally.

Now, that story may be hype. It comes from the director. All I know is this. Real movie making is the art of Illusion, and I wouldn't even kill a fly for a film. Because that is not the art of illusion.
Any filmmaker that has to use a real kill has failed to dispel the viewer's disbelief. And I say this in spite of supporting films such as the "Faces of Death" series.
Faces of Death used mostly staged "deaths" and a handful of actual deaths caught on camera. But those deaths were from accidents and not inflicted deliberately for financial gain.

02-01-2016, 06:34 PM
StevOz

Meh, dead cat was dead either way, anyway, seen many a movie with lions heads hanging on walls, horses heads and pigs heads have also featured in many a film.

02-02-2016, 04:14 AM
sleepy

Heck. I gave "the cat clips" my Sleepy Eye. Damned Illusionists!
And the film looks Great.

But those other films with heads. Those were not claimed to be killed for the sake of the films that used them. And, a little bird tells me that it wasn't them either. The problem with using real kill on a film set is simply...this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Race#Pie_fight

Quote:
The Technicolor pie fight scene in the royal bakery was filmed over five days.[2] The first pastry thrown was part of a large cake decorated for the king's coronation. Following this was the throwing of 4,000 pies,[2] the most pies ever filmed in a pie fight.[3] The scene lasts four minutes and twenty seconds and cost US$200,000 to shoot; US$18,000 just for the pastry.[2]
Shooting was halted while the actors took the weekend off. Over the weekend, the pie residue spoiled, all over the scenery. When the actors returned Monday morning, the pie filling smelled so bad that the building required a thorough cleaning and large fans to blow out the sour air. The missing pie residue was carefully recreated with more pies, and shooting resumed.[3]

Let's see.....is it safe to populate this little box at the end of the Cult-Film topic? If so, I have another off-the-wall western for you guys; "Bone Tomahawk" with Kurt Russell, Matthew Fox ("Lost"), Katherine Morris ("Cold Case"), with Michael Pare ("The Greatest American Hero", "The Philadelphia Experiment"), and Sean Young ("Blade Runner", "No Way Out"). No soundtrack at all, and the bad guys are.....bad. I rented it from Red Box three days ago, so it must be at least somewhat recent, tho I forgot to check. Anyone watch Cowboys And Aliens yet?

Last edited:

This is not a Midnight Cult Film. It is an obscure Ronald Coleman film that ran at midnight on a local t.v. station many years ago, and is noteworthy for featuring Art Linkletter as a greasy game show host. Mr. Linkletter was in practice not at all greasy, though he was a practical joker on-camera who later invested substantial amounts of his media earnings in Australian real estate.
<center>
<iframe src="//www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xms3as" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="270" width="480"></iframe>
</center>

Last edited:
Now, this could be a cult film. Now......................................................................................................................................If...

<center>
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
</center>

I'm getting breadcrumbs from distant relatives.
Last week, I found out that a distant relative was the first bride ever to be married on the radio. Back in 1922.

Today's crumb is that another gentleman relative was Florence Foster Jenkin's first composer and pianist, and that he is portrayed in this upcoming film. Never knew of him before today.

<center>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
</center>

This upcoming motion picture release is truly special. This is a trailer.
<div style="background-color:black; background: -webkit-linear-gradient(#D71E00, #000000); background: -o-linear-gradient(#641E00, #000000); background: -moz-linear-gradient(#641E00, #000000); background: linear-gradient(#641E00, #000000); color:#FFFFD7; padding:20px;">
<center>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
</center>
</div>

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: qinnuendo has left the room.
      Back