Soccer Stars

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
Just wondering how many other folks have gotten WildSnakes demo download, which Just Andy and his team have been offering the past week or so? I like the game, but there are a few things tha bug me. I would like to see some kind of score, even if you don't win. Without a score, it almost seems like you've wasted your time. I'm a really poor player, and I've only won two games so far. Now, if a score was shown after I lose a game, I'd at least have something to aim for, and maybe I would play another game.

And I also like the Magno Shot with the flippers, which does take some practice. I'd like to have the opposing flippers mess up now and then like I do. Playing against a perfect oppoent isn't that much fun, even when you win. But overall, and in spite of the huge bumpers which I also am not fond of, Soccer Stars is a very nice game. So, what do y'all think?

John

tiltjlp said:
Soccer Stars is a very nice game. So, what do y'all think?

John

I think I want to try it! Could you give me a "link" to the download?

Just Bob

DOH!

Sure thing, the website is www.wildsnake.com. If I had thunk, I would have included it in my first post.

John

Good game, but...I 'hate' the big goal block. The game get stuck when they appear.
I never shoot the ramps by intention. ( I hope you understand what I
mean ;) )
You' are right with the score, John and do agree. ie.: the choice to
see a score permanent or not or whatever.
But in resume a cool game!

Servus
Walter

You see John, I was promissing ... :-)

Well, John, your opinion about score system and your comments Walter really make sence.

We had two variants of scoring (including your proposal) when were working on the title but had chosen "the winner takes the all" way - you know you're not receiving points when you loose soccer game. :-)
Right now, especially after your comments, we're really not sure if it was the best choise.
We'll evaluate your idea and may be prepare update after we collect another guys' opinions.

The problem was that beta version AI was adjusted too strong. No one beta tester wasn't able to win even one game. We made AI adjustements more liberate for release but because of skillful AI weren't able to collect beta tester's opinion about scoring system at all. :(

Speaking about post between flippers - just shoot corner targets Walter if you're not able to shoot ramp - it should drop that post as well ;)

andy

Hey andy,
nice to have you here!
OHA, I don't know about that, better read the rules before.
But anyway, I think a smaller post would be better, personal feeling ;).
What I like is the great design and the detail in graphics. (ie.:ball = very nice).
I'm sure you know more good tips! ;)

Servus and good luck
Walter

Flipperless

Flipperless !
This one sure isn't,way too many.Did you folks pay the $ 20 USD ?
:o

Yes, I tried it out! I agree with Utplayer2 who's 13, it's a cool game, looks great, I don't think you could add anything else to it to make it better, but it is boring. There is no replay value to this as a "one player game"

But if I could have tried out the head to head, against someone on the internet and if I could have chatted with them inbetween goals, then I think I might have liked it. I also liked the ball :)

I play alot of Microsoft Links Golf, but I don't play it online against others. I prefer 1 player games and I'm 50 yrs old and don't really buy a lot of software anymore.

I hope that helps you a little :)

Bob

Common Stan!
Less than 2$ per flipper - I suppose this is really fair price!
Most of commercial pin sims ask more than 5$ for one! :lol:

"Cool game... but boring..." (Copyright 2003 - Utplayer2) :shock:
I'd like to use this on our site!!! :lol:

Right now we are working on the backward game. It should be "Sucks... but fun..." :lol:

Groweing Pains

When you give VP and VPinMame time to grow,than i'll give you the same.
Meanwhile though,it's great to see someone trying to create new pinballs.
This one didn't do it. :p
Keep it up.
:D

Our one was made especially for your attacks everywhere Brutus. :p

Go ahead! Your feedback is extremely usefull for us.

just_andy said:
Our one was made especially for your attacks everywhere Brutus. :p

Go ahead! Your feedback is extremely usefull for us.

An opinion isn't an attack. :lol:
By the way,do you play PC Pinball,or are you just in it for the money?
You won't get rich with this one.It belongs in games[misc]not Pinball.
:(
See what you can do with this one and i'll pay $3 a flipper. :wink:
http://peterreynolds.ca/games/oldtime.html

Brutus, I'm already rich... by interest of our customers to play our games around the world: http://www.tmt.at/ante/welcome_e.htm

Sure, we're missing your money... But may be next time :D

Pinball or not pinball - well I didn't started this thread here. I was just invited to take part.

But sure you know better where is pinball and where is not?

Opinions... I suppose it should be stated by words like "I suppose..." or something else of this type :lol:

PS Stan, to be honest wasn't planning to meet you here - so, I'm sorry, don't like to continue that... Go and fight without me. OK? I wish you success.

just_andy said:
Brutus, I'm already rich... by interest of our customers to play our games around the world: http://www.tmt.at/ante/welcome_e.htm

Sure, we're missing your money... But may be next time :D

Pinball or not pinball - well I didn't started this thread here. I was just invited to take part.

But sure you know better where is pinball and where is not?

Opinions... I suppose it should be stated by words like "I suppose..." or something else of this type :lol:

PS Stan, to be honest wasn't planning to meet you here - so, I'm sorry, don't like to continue that... Go and fight without me. OK? I wish you success.
Sorry but,read Your govenments rules on "right of expression"
I am following mine by expressing my opinion. Oh Canada. :D
What planet are you on ?
My replies are meant for the forum members and not just you.your's just seem to need an "opinion"
:(
By the way,money isn't everything,Shareing is.
:p

Well! Thank's for the link....another pinball game can Only be a good thing and I enjoyed it....:)

It's got huge bumpers and that made me happy! :blob3:

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back