Space Mission (Williams, 1976)

Williams EM Recreation FizX BAM FP Space Mission (Williams, 1976) v1.4

No permission to download
Electro-Mechanical Machines
Future Pinball
Sorry, but I don't receive a private conversation.
But now, I know where the table bugs.

SM_Err1.jpg

SM_Err2.jpg

Hope it's help

And if I change
For idx = 1 to 10
Execute "Bb_Swing"&idx&"Ext.Brightness = "&pfBright
Next
by
Bb_Swing1Ext.Brightness = pfBright
Bb_Swing2Ext.Brightness = pfBright
Bb_Swing3Ext.Brightness = pfBright
Bb_Swing4Ext.Brightness = pfBright
Bb_Swing5Ext.Brightness = pfBright
Bb_Swing6Ext.Brightness = pfBright
Bb_Swing7Ext.Brightness = pfBright
Bb_Swing8Ext.Brightness = pfBright
Bb_Swing9Ext.Brightness = pfBright
Bb_Swing10Ext.Brightness = pfBright

it's work...

But I don't understand why we get an error.

I do not code much in a tables script (mainly because I don't know what I'm doing LOL)... but - could the error be introduced because of the additional 'spaces' before the equals symbol [....Brigthness (5 spaces) = ] [...Brightness (1 space) = ]?

It looks as though it is creating the 'string' required for execution - which when looked for only exists with one space before the equals symbol... (similar to concatenate in MS Excel...) well - that would be my thought 🤔... please feel free to ignore me (I would ;) ).

I'm not at home anymore. I'll take care of it tomorrow.
Thank you so much all of you for keeping up with me through this.
I'll post a new version as soon as I get home and change this.

@AnonTet you have to change the 4 execute.

Better solution:

For idx = 1 To 10
Eval("Bb_Swing" &idx &"Ext").Brightness = pfBright
Eval("Bb_Swing" &idx &"Ext").GlowBrightness = pfGBright
Next

For idx = 1 To 20
If idx > 10 Then Idx = 20
Eval("Bb_Bonus" &idx &"Ext").Brightness = pfBright
Eval("Bb_Bonus" &idx &"Ext").GlowBrightness = pfGBright
Next

But I would like to know why Execute doesn't work and Eval works... :rasta:

Better solution:

For idx = 1 To 10
Eval("Bb_Swing" &idx &"Ext").Brightness = pfBright
Eval("Bb_Swing" &idx &"Ext").GlowBrightness = pfGBright
Next

For idx = 1 To 20
If idx > 10 Then Idx = 20
Eval("Bb_Bonus" &idx &"Ext").Brightness = pfBright
Eval("Bb_Bonus" &idx &"Ext").GlowBrightness = pfGBright
Next

But I would like to know why Execute doesn't work and Eval works... :rasta:
Especially when I used it so many times before since eval gave me problems... Better not think much about it. Thanks a bunch. Really appreciated.

But I use Eval and Execute in my scripts. Never had a problem like that.
Not funny, but happy end. :cheers:

i am getting an issue with the ball loading. i hear the credits, but no ball. I have UpToDate bam and other files, I've been running the 3 new tables like blade, indy, and robocop without issues. does anyone have this issue and what to do to fix

i am getting an issue with the ball loading. i hear the credits, but no ball. I have UpToDate bam and other files, I've been running the 3 new tables like blade, indy, and robocop without issues. does anyone have this issue and what to do to fix
That problem is already solved in the next version. For now reduce the plungerkicker strength in the gui by one notch (should be enough)

If you thought you could easily adapt this pinball machine, you missed it! :lol: :cheers:

I do not code much in a tables script (mainly because I don't know what I'm doing LOL)... but - could the error be introduced because of the additional 'spaces' before the equals symbol [....Brigthness (5 spaces) = ] [...Brightness (1 space) = ]?

It looks as though it is creating the 'string' required for execution - which when looked for only exists with one space before the equals symbol... (similar to concatenate in MS Excel...) well - that would be my thought 🤔... please feel free to ignore me (I would ;) ).
No, I tried that (why not), but get the same error.
Execute bugs (but not for all users), Eval not (but maybe for others in the future...).
So...

Last edited:
Table's up for testing by those who had issues. Fingers crossed.
Yes, I came back early... or late, depending how you look at the watch in on Saturday night :D

@Popotte
I don't have that error on any version otherwise I would not release it. Which makes it hard to debug... I'm trying to solve it though.

@Ian (WVP)
I already fixed the ball going into plunger lane and back sometimes. Just reduce the plunger kicker strength one notch for now. <<--- great thanks.

Over 99999 points a +100000 sign pops up under the hud overlay. You have to have overlays enabled. Press the hud toggle key you have defined. That's how it was originally coded and I was caught by it the 1st time as well and I did not touch that. I just added fizx and tweaked the lighting . And last new inserts.

The +100,000 shows on screen its just when you go to enter you name it misses the 100,000 :-) Lovely table though.

I misunderstood.
Well, I'm not sure I can fix that.
This guy's code is quite nice but unfortunately I can't always follow everything :)

Actually there's a lot of knowledge on how this tables worked and probably the real table did the same thing so even if I can fix it (probably not) I'm not sure I should

Concerning the 100 000 bug, just add after If NameEntry = True Then (present in 2 places)
nvScore1 = nvR1: nvScore2 = nvR2: nvScore3 = nvR3: nvScore4 = nvR4
and it's work.
Problem concerning the ball number
On ball 1:
Ball1.jpg
On Ball 2:
Ball2.jpg
On ball 3:
Ball3.jpg

@Popotte,
I was playing with 3 balls and it works so I missed that. I hope it is not induced by any changes I've made. FizX and lights should not touch any original code but since this is on nv vars maybe I did something.

Investigating this one.

Can you please check if the problem persists with 3 balls since it works for me?

Note to self: there's no such thing as "it's just a FizX update" :D

/edit
I think I've found the problem. Its reseting the ballspergame to the nvBallsPerGame that reads from table info instead of nvS1. I'll test and update... once more!

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: chricky68 has left the room.
      Back