Spinner stuck

Slippery Jim

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Stern Dracula
I often see this glitch, where the spinner gets stuck in the horizontal position, and the ball can no longer strike it, it's so annoying because the only fix is to exit the game into the editor and then reload it.

spinnerstuck1.jpg

Is there a command to physically move it that I could invoke using the 'test' keys or put in the create new ball script so when the machine goes to the next ball it fixes itself?

No. I suggest you use wecoc spinner toy and code

For a practical example, you can look at Cosmic Princess table where I use it for both left and right spinners. Actually, I use a bigger spinner toy than the one from wecoc example table.

You'll need to export the bigger spinner from CP table if you don't want to use the smaller toy spinner from wecoc example table though

I never knew Cosmic Princess was made by LAI, I always assumed it was a Stern machine. There was one in my local arcade in 1980, I occasionally played it, usually when my favorite machine was occupied. My 1979 Stern Dracula has an LAI serial number plate on the back of the backbox as it was imported into Australia by them

I've had this issue as well.... glad to see it wasn't just me finally :)

I've been using Wecoc's spinner example as well now on Silent Hill, and it works great.

No. I suggest you use wecoc spinner toy and code

For a practical example, you can look at Cosmic Princess table where I use it for both left and right spinners. Actually, I use a bigger spinner toy than the one from wecoc example table.

You'll need to export the bigger spinner from CP table if you don't want to use the smaller toy spinner from wecoc example table though
Wow, this toy spinner of Wecoc is great! I used the wide model from CP and I had to do a couple of changes in the script to get it to work with fizxlite because fizxlite doesnt support the mechsound command, and I had to use an optotrigger with an 'invisible' texture because my ramp is wider than the wire trigger and the ball could past through without triggering it, but besides that I am very pleased with it

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back