Coding and examples for future Pinball and BAM
Future Pinball

SpacePirateScott

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Scared Stiff
SpacePirateScott submitted a new resource:

SPS Color Sequencer v0.1.0 Beta - Color Sequencer to animate colors, add brightness ducking, and ball proximity based animations

The SPS Color Sequencer is a set of classes that can be added to your table to manage lights, automate light ducking (dimming when flasher are lit), and animate color sequences including one based on ball proximity.

DISCLAIMER. This is an early BETA release and as such the API may change in future versions. Please keep this in mind when you are using it.

There is an included demo table that shows off the features and includes all the source code required.

Demo Videos...

Read more about this resource...

This is awesome! Totally going to try this out. Thanks for the creation!

Please remember it's a beta release and will probably have bugs :) If you encounter any, just post them, and I will try to post hot fixes. Also if you have any suggestions or just "that was a stupid way of doing things", I always open to listening. I might not agree, but I will listen :)

I've very busy with MOTU CE neon ramps right now....

...but I tested this real quick. Very cool!

The documentation is VERY appreciated. It's something lacking in the hobby on the FP side and much more on the VP side. So it's very helpful and convenient.

The only possible issue I noticed was the a light on the left slingshot seems to be flickering throughout most of the demo modes. I only tested the table once, so take that for what it is.

The documentation is VERY appreciated. It's something lacking in the hobby on the FP side and much more on the VP side. So it's very helpful and convenient.
+1 to this. A big thanks for doing that as it really extends the value way beyond "here is a sample".

I noticed was the a light on the left slingshot seems to be flickering throughout most of the demo modes. I only tested the table once, so take that for what it is.
I noticed this as well and just wondered if it was something on this particular machine (I was going to try it out on another one in the morning).

I also noticed in "part 1" of the demo table that the bulb in the left slingshot doesn't really look like it's on, even though the light map is on. Also the plastic being "lit" is different than the light and shadow map being "on".
1713763685636.png1713763893216.png

I've very busy with MOTU CE neon ramps right now....

...but I tested this real quick. Very cool!

The only possible issue I noticed was the a light on the left slingshot seems to be flickering throughout most of the demo modes. I only tested the table once, so take that for what it is.
That's definitely a bug. It wasn't showing on my desktop machine but it definitely shows on cabinet machine. Because of the flow of the demo, the left sling was added to two color sequencers. One for all of the GI lights and one just for Left slings. What's supposed to happen is that they work happily together if only one is playing a sequence, but apparently that is broken, and the sling color sequencer is still updating the lights even when it's not playing a sequence.

What do you think should happen when multiple sequences are playing at the same time and share lights?
I think the options are:
1. flicker and don't really work (what they do now). Only one sequencer with shared lights should be active at the same time. Any number of sequencers that that don't share lights can play at the same time.
2. There is a priority system and the one with the highest priority wins.
3. The colors are merged. I think this would work if you took the largest of each sequences color for each of the RGB values. So if you have a sequence trying to play a red color and one that is playing a green, color the actual color would be yellow.

Thoughts?

+1 to this. A big thanks for doing that as it really extends the value way beyond "here is a sample".

I noticed this as well and just wondered if it was something on this particular machine (I was going to try it out on another one in the morning).

I also noticed in "part 1" of the demo table that the bulb in the left slingshot doesn't really look like it's on, even though the light map is on. Also the plastic being "lit" is different than the light and shadow map being "on".
View attachment 42330View attachment 42331
It actually doesn't have anything to do with the color sequencer. Its just the way I had configured the lights.
For the demo, I turned off the glows for those bulbs. Most of the lighting on the bulbs normally comes from the glow. If I had increased the brightness on the bulb, then it would have looked lit even without the glow.

That's definitely a bug. It wasn't showing on my desktop machine but it definitely shows on cabinet machine. Because of the flow of the demo, the left sling was added to two color sequencers. One for all of the GI lights and one just for Left slings. What's supposed to happen is that they work happily together if only one is playing a sequence, but apparently that is broken, and the sling color sequencer is still updating the lights even when it's not playing a sequence.

What do you think should happen when multiple sequences are playing at the same time and share lights?
I think the options are:
1. flicker and don't really work (what they do now). Only one sequencer with shared lights should be active at the same time. Any number of sequencers that that don't share lights can play at the same time.
2. There is a priority system and the one with the highest priority wins.
3. The colors are merged. I think this would work if you took the largest of each sequences color for each of the RGB values. So if you have a sequence trying to play a red color and one that is playing a green, color the actual color would be yellow.

Thoughts?

Legit... anything that involves math... I'm the last person to ask. I have a well-known moto in the vpin world. "Math.... can kiss my ass".

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: paskite has left the room.
      Back