shiva

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Trigon
A new version of the table, Star Trek, is now available. This is my take of what is one of the classic Bally designs, a true personal favorite, and one that caused me to skip a lot of school at the time.

This version is slightly enhanced, as the old Bally didn't flash bulbs etc, but it's pretty close to how I remembered it, especially in game play. Thanks to SteveOz and Destruk for their comments just to make sure the game play was as close to orginal as possible, and the other people who got the initial version. This version has light effects, a light fade system, gas light type scoring, and updates to several techniques I developed over the years. This is based on TAB's script, but is a complete rebuild from scratch. Though this was a quick build for me by my usual standards, being very slow as a builder, the translation came out better than expected, and I decided to share it with more than just a few friends.
http://www.shivasite.byethost22.com/ TThanks to Tab and Gaston for the previous versions, Destruk for the code help, and Pacdude for the light fade script for the light object control portion. Flashing wall effects use a different custom script.

This table is computer intensive. If you have a slower computer, or have problems with this table stuttering during game play, you can adjust the table settings by pressing F6. Bally sound emulation is quite intensive, so try different settings. Note that this also affects some rules in the game as well.

If you have a slow computer, you can also hit F1 and change the synclevel setting to 60 (for a slow computer) VPinmame will ignore yieldtime settings if it's over a value of 0 for synclevel, so there's no need to adjust the yieldtime settings. If you have a faster computer, yieldtime is automatically set to 0.

Place this file in your Tables folder. Make sure you have the proper vbs files included in the same folder.
Also make sure you have the startrek.zip file in the roms folder. You can find the rom file at the IPDB site.

The file, and screenshot, are available here:
http://www.shivasite.byethost22.com/

UPDATE: Jon was kind enough to give me a folder here for ftp, as I seem to have problems getting any uploads working properly here, so I loaded in the table if you don't like rapidshare.

Star Trek se v1.1

Thanks shiva! This looks beautiful!

Thanks again for this great and truly authentic recreation, this table is a masterpiece IMO and shows with VP there are no limits, grab it whilst you can folks. The gameplay is really acurate and the looks well I just must post a screenshot as words are not enough.

Thank you, shiva.

Attachments

• star_166.jpg
    star_166.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 1,343
Luckily I have gotten VPM working again, so I'm sure going to grab this one and add it to my shiva collection.

John

Looks real nice. I must say with this coming out and the screenshots of a new Fireball by OKkIoI I'm wondering whether FP is worth bothering with.

Hey is that a new Shivasite I see the table hosted on??

DS

Nope. I mentioned that other sites grab it, as in a couple months, shivaSite will be gone for good anyway. This was just a temp access thing I set up, once the domain name and and license are due, that will be gone as well.

Thanks shiva

Nice Table and Looks Stunning, I'm speechless... Thanks :D

What this table could use, for some, if not alot, would be an option to have the lights come on when the game starts and stay on. I dissagree about Bally sound emu. I think it is the lights comming on and going off that is making the ball jerk about.
Reguardless, and especially on systems where this might not be a problem, it is as good as you know.

A lite version also, perhaps?

Maybe, but considering it was done just for myself, it's sort of a "as is" version, I had no intention of sharing it untill 2 days ago (Thank the people who worked on me about it). The sound does make a difference, it plays on my old computer at lower settings, and synctime will also help.

Thanks for release,Shiva.
Exellent work. :thumright:

Wow, very nice!

Many thanks for sharing.

Are you are sure it's not a remittance work done by scapino? :lol:

grr. forgot to change the link, that location has been dead for a long time. Sorry, been busy. Have a 1.1 version, that stops the pf light walls from flashing, (finally got that **** menu to save) but was pretty sure there was another issue, but damned if I can remember what it was, but I'm sure someone will remember. Still a bit resource intensive, but frame rates were a lot better.
I was thinking of using it for another se3 test table, so was gonna brighten it a bit to like playboy anyway. what you guys/gals/whatever think?

Version 1.1 will be available shortly. just waiting for a link to be given to me to give to you for the download.

Link added at top for download from here as well.

Cool, excellent, I'll be grabbin' this then, btw love PowerPlay also, top notch, thanks. :)

Thanks Steve, I popped in a post about the Power Play Release last week here just now as a matter of fact.

Thanks for the update shiva, Star Trek has over 170 downloads in 4 days, Power Play has over 120 after almost 3!

:fruitdance:

really? never would have guessed that judging from the amount of people who actually posted. Of course, a lot of people think there's only one site, VPF, which I won't go to, but then that's their problem, not mine. :)

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "Complete list of VB commands".
      Back