Stay Tuned.....

druadic

20+ YEARS as a VP author. How time flies...
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Anything before 1939 (pre war), Firepower II, Agents 777
It's coming for VP 9.

Attachments

• ProPoolVP9.jpg
    ProPoolVP9.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 306
Well, if you're going to start updating your flippered tables is there a chance of seeing Skykings redone? I've always liked that one too. I just hope this flipper thing isn'r catching, since I have a flippered update I have permission to do. At least mine only has 1 flipper.

Well, if you're going to start updating your flippered tables is there a chance of seeing Skykings redone? I've always liked that one too. I just hope this flipper thing isn'r catching, since I have a flippered update I have permission to do. At least mine only has 1 flipper.

Skykings? Sure. Pro Pool will take time since I have to find another decent apron. Seems Bendigo didn't use a very clean image for it; it's kind of blurry. I'll have to find the apron with the plunger piece first to get this one fixed right. I think it looks 10 times better than the VP6 version.

Let me see about Skykings. I have to play around with it a bit, but give me time pal; I'll get to it for ya!

I also have Gottlieb's Mini Cycle to do too.

d

Last edited:
Golden Arrow is one I'll be interested in seeing. I had thought about doing that one, but all I could find was a flyer image.

New photo; WIP updated.

Attachments

• ProPoolPIC2.jpg
    ProPoolPIC2.jpg
    417 KB · Views: 282
Golden Arrow is one I'll be interested in seeing. I had thought about doing that one, but all I could find was a flyer image.

That's the image I'm using. Just a little redrawing and it can be great.

d

That's the image I'm using. Just a little redrawing and it can be great.

d

Well, knowing what you're starting with, I'll be interested to see the end results. I'm sure it'll look fantastic. I have so many tables I want to do I actually am relieved when you dedice to do one on my list, so I can move on to yet something else.

Update image #3.

Attachments

• ProPoolPIC3.jpg
    ProPoolPIC3.jpg
    424.4 KB · Views: 305
So, are you making any changes, or are you just posting each new high score you get? Just joking, as I did notice a few minor changes.

Looks pretty good, nice layout on this pinball and I'll throw in a couple of suggestions.

You could get rid of the lens flair on the right lower lanes by overlaying very low walls and applying a colour or coloured texture to them and then throw on a few text decals to replace the text.

You would need to do likewise to the left to balance the image, for an example of this method see my Street Fighter Table where the entire playfield graphics is made of low overlayed coloured or textured walls.

Also the single pop bumper could be raised a bit I feel by setting it surface to a wall of about 15 VP units high or so, another thing you can look at on my Street Fighter table.

Looks pretty good, nice layout on this pinball and I'll throw in a couple of suggestions.

You could get rid of the lens flair on the right lower lanes by overlaying very low walls and applying a colour or coloured texture to them and then throw on a few text decals to replace the text.

You would need to do likewise to the left to balance the image, for an example of this method see my Street Fighter Table where the entire playfield graphics is made of low overlayed coloured or textured walls.

Also the single pop bumper could be raised a bit I feel by setting it surface to a wall of about 15 VP units high or so, another thing you can look at on my Street Fighter table.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have yet to do a little redrawing on this PF because of those issues. The pop bumper is normal, it's the plastic in front of it that has not yet been made - that's why it looks so funky at the moment. I hope to get this done over the week.

The real machine only has 5 reels, but I thought that the 6th one would make it nicer to actually see your entire score. I redrew the reel "sections" Bendigo made and actually made a full image of six squares to lay over the reels instead of using his two separate chopped up ones. The result is a nice image for the reels.

I still would like to make the rubbers around each of the posts areas and I still need to find the drop target image and the circle target image as well. There's a bit to do on this, but I'm doing everything over since the VP6 version really looks like absolute crap. I won't rush this one out until it looks near perfect and plays just as good. I also have the REAL rules for this table and there isn't much to it; just a ton of target smashing which really can be fun. The Future Pinball version's rules are way off; seems the rules were not taken into account when the game was made. I haven't played it as my system can't handle FP too easily. I now know the rules for this game much better and understand what has to be done to make the game play properly.

I will check out your suggestion on the flare on the right side outlane. That's a great idea.

I've taken everything out of the old VP6 version's sounds and put them in here along with the pop bumper image. Works quite nicely.

Thanks again for the suggestions. It's appreciated. I will look into your Street Fighter table if it's on PN. I'll download it now.

d

StevOz; thanks for the kind words. I've never gotten that kind of encouragement from anyone about any flippered pin I've ever done. Of course Bendigo's stuff is what I'm using and he'll get credit for all of it. I even added Bendigo's clock for folks who want to play this over and over and don't keep track of the time. His scripting is quite nice and easy to use and follow. I'll use this for Skykings as well.
I'm just trying to make this table the best it can be. Hope it is what folks expect of me when it's finished.

Last edited:
Here is the "reelboard" I made using Bendigo's two pieces. I pasted them together and they work much better than the two pieces that he had. Sometimes they just wouldn't line up at all (top to bottom) and I got tired of it so I made this.

This can always be cut and pasted back to make the board smaller or bigger.

d

PS: Your Street Fighter table is nowhere to be found on PN. If you have time, can you place it in the downloads section or PM me for my email addy. Thanks StevOz. Appreciated.

I found the "circle target" image at VPF since it is one of the only places I can get to since I was banned. The circle target image will be used for the two center targets. Now I just need the image for the 14 drop targets.

Attachments

• ReelBoard.bmp
    184.6 KB · Views: 271
StevOz;

Here is the center area all fixed up. I used your suggestion above for underneath the plastic and it worked perfect! Thanks so much! Now I want to add some lighting underneath :)

As you can see, the pop bumper looks proper now. Also added the correct targets and fixed the metal "protectors" along the side chutes.

d

Attachments

• ProPoolPIC4.jpg
    ProPoolPIC4.jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 292
A simple search for resources would reveal this.... I did save the images. Do you have a personal interest in this table, did you play the real one, is it one of your favorites or something like that. I might send these pics to Griz and see if he'll create a playfield.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gottlieb-play-p...057?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf48d1889

Maybe I could throw it on this blank table and make a widescreen version. :)

Attachments

• Blank table.jpg
    Blank table.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
I & the kids are ready

Attachments

• 2010-12  20.JPG
    2010-12 20.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 276
I sent the link to Grizz, he spent 15 minutes on the playfield, he said it's pretty low quality, but I just wanted him to whip out playfield for you (his actual redraws are incredible, but obviously take more time.)

I threw it in the blank table for kicks. :) So here's our combined 20 minute effort. :)

Attachments

• pinpool_Demo.jpg
    pinpool_Demo.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 277
I'm not really making this table, just having some fun with you. :)

I darkened the image a little and saved it as a jpg for that screenshot above.

Below is the actual image he sent me (untouched by me) in png format, I had to zip the file as it was too big for png format's allowable size here for uploading attachments, it's about 1 meg.

Tell StevOz that adding colored walls to the playfield of VP is so 2001. :)

Thanks Grizz! Very nice and talented fellow. Please give him credit if you use his playfield.

I added an untouched by me jpg image below so people don't have to download the zip file to see the playfield.

Attachments

• pinpool_pf.zip
    1,010.2 KB · Views: 248
  • PINPOOL_NOS_pf.jpg
    PINPOOL_NOS_pf.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Hey bob, where's the Gottlieb text gone from the lower right outlane? ;)

2001 indeed, see that wouldn't have happened with low walls and decals. :p

I didn't say it was a complete redraw, it's a great starter playfield image. I only asked him to knock out a quick playfield from those eBay pics. I thought it was fantastic to send him an eBay link and get a playfield back almost instantly and he's even at work.

I do still throw a low wall on a playfield once in awhile due to laziness. :)

I'm not really making this table, just having some fun with you. :)

:sadblinky::sob:

Well we aren´t really THAT sad, just having some fun with you.;)

A simple search for resources would reveal this.... I did save the images. Do you have a personal interest in this table, did you play the real one, is it one of your favorites or something like that. I might send these pics to Griz and see if he'll create a playfield.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gottlieb-play-p...057?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf48d1889

Maybe I could throw it on this blank table and make a widescreen version. :)

I released this in VP6 years ago. I planned on updating it so I am. This is not my favorite table; I have that one on my hard drive right now but I have not started on it as of yet. It's a Gottlieb table from 1971. Got to play it and loved it at the Chicago Pinball Expo.

The FP version is WAY off. I don't use FP so it's not much of a problem for me as of now; wish I had a higher end laptop (AMD RULES) so I could utilize BOTH VP and FP. I would release each table on both formats.

I appreciate the work Grizz has done, but I won't be using all of his PF. I'll do some graphical work (cutting and pasting) with the image I already have. I appreciate both what you have done for me. Thanks. The PF I'm using isn't that bad; it just needs some minor work. Not much else. Let me see what I can do first and then I'll use Grizz' table image. Tell Grizz I said thank you for his time and work.

d

PS: 90% of the scripting is finished. This game plays wildly; much better than the VP6 version. It's fully functional except for the add a ball stuff and the tilt scripting. The tilt actually ends the ball in play AND takes away an unplayed ball. The add a ball script is working just about right and I've made the WOW and 1000 points become randomized. If you liked the ball play on Bonanza, you'll love this.

Last edited:
Thanks Bob. Got em.

Now if I could find a WHITE apron I could get this to look really nice.

d

Maybe I could have Grizz look at Gottlieb's Mini Cycle for me too. I like what I have but it will take a good amount of time to finish that one up with the graphic condition the way it is.

Thanks Bob. Got em.

Now if I could find a WHITE apron I could get this to look really nice.

d

Maybe I could have Grizz look at Gottlieb's Mini Cycle for me too. I like what I have but it will take a good amount of time to finish that one up with the graphic condition the way it is.

You are going to have to try to get your ban lifted at VPF, I might be able to help you if you want it lifted. Noah is a nice guy, he just doesn't like problems, so it's more of a "I won't try to intentionally cause problems if I am a member" type thing than anything you've done. There are plenty of resources there that you have to be logged in for to get.

Here's a blank Gottlieb apron from Grizz, it is posted at VPF, once again, these guys only want you to mention their name if you use their stuff, seems like a small price to pay. He seems to like the .png format.

Attachments

• Gottlieb_Apron_JR.png.zip
    137.9 KB · Views: 236
You are going to have to try to get your ban lifted at VPF, I might be able to help you if you want it lifted. Noah is a nice guy, he just doesn't like problems, so it's more of a "I won't try to intentionally cause problems if I am a member" type thing than anything you've done. There are plenty of resources there that you have to be logged in for to get.

Here's a blank Gottlieb apron from Grizz, it is posted at VPF, once again, these guys only want you to mention their name if you use their stuff, seems like a small price to pay. He seems to like the .png format.

Bob,

I appreciate all the help you and Grizz have given me. I really do. I have tried to talk with Noah to no avail. I've emailed him over and over trying to be nice and I always will but I have not heard back from him since.

You can talk on my behalf over there if you'd like, but I have done all I can to try to make it right. I think Noah believes I will be taking "advantage" of him if I return and that might make Noah look like he's "caving in" to my return request. Even tiltjlp (John) has tried talking to Noah. Nothing has happened.

Like I said, I've tried. I can't do anything more, but I appreciate the help you have both shown to me.

d

After Pro Pool, Skykings and Mini Cycle I'll be finished with flippered pins for a long period of time until I get my other "pin ball" releases done.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Killabot has left the room.
      Back