Suggestions wanted

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
As you all might have noticed while I was away, try as best as JPH could, TMOF/Flipperless.com, became mostly a ghost town. Part of the reason was the loss of a domain host, and part was that JPH isn't the promoter that I tend to be.

Obviously, I feel that Flipperless.com, besides being the best source for flipperless and novelty tables and games, should also be an important stopping place for the VP community. We'll never rival VPF or shivaSite, and that's OK. But with far fewer rules and absolutely no editig of posts, I feel we deserve to be a vital part of VP.

So if you have any suggestions or ideas that might help improve and promote Flipperless.com, I'm all ears. Either post your thoughts here at Flipperless.com, or send me a PM. Thanks in advance.

tiltjlp

Upvote 0
Suggestion

ok i'm an old scool guy so take it just as suggestion. I have visited your site several times and founds lots of interesting information about old flipperless tables. But what i'm missing is a king of museum. Maybe sorted by date . You have pictures you have infos maybe to much some time. Dont forget , We are a TV generation and dont like reading to much. So why not concentrated infos on some basic facts with some pictures on a first page and the extended infos on a second page. With a simple front menu with the date and name of the table.

But even so your site is nice Steampump ( www.armuco.ch)

A very good idea, Steampump, and one that I hope to do something about once JonPurpleHaze returns. There are a number of other changes I have in mind too, but I don't know the technical side of things enough to make the changes myself.

Besides setting up self-guided tours along the lines of your idea, I also want to divide the various kinds of tables we have into smaller groups, so they'll be easier for folks to locate. I'd also like to set up smaller galleries, focusing on the different kinds of photos we have.

Some people have told me I can't do much harm changing things around, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I will keep your great suggestion in mind when we do start reorganizing our site. Thnaks again.

tiltjlp

tiltjlp said:
As you all might have noticed while I was away, try as best as JPH could, TMOF/Flipperless.com, became mostly a ghost town. Part of the reason was the loss of a domain host, and part was that JPH isn't the promoter that I tend to be.

Obviously, I feel that Flipperless.com, besides being the best source for flipperless and novelty tables and games, should also be an important stopping place for the VP community. We'll never rival VPF or shivaSite, and that's OK. But with far fewer rules and absolutely no editig of posts, I feel we deserve to be a vital part of VP.

So if you have any suggestions or ideas that might help improve and promote Flipperless.com, I'm all ears. Either post your thoughts here at Flipperless.com, or send me a PM. Thanks in advance.

tiltjlp

Thanks for everything you have done John, as I mentioned in the above TheManFromPost thread, this site has NEVER been a ghost town, the bandwidth has barely increased since the name change and increased forum posts....

Never measure site traffic by forum posts, I've received email from flipperless fans from around the globe...:)

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back