Sweetheart Double

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
I'm always looking for unique and unusual games, and have found quite a few recently, some by very obscure manufacturers. Normally I don't post WIPs, but this one is so different, I can't resist. I have no idea when I'll make this one, but I will make it. Sweetheart Double is one of 4 games made by Houston Showcase & Mfg, but they have left their mark on pinball.

Attachments

• Sweetheart Double.jpg
    Sweetheart Double.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 304
Looks good John!

Hope you'll have BOTH sides allowed to play at one time. Would make a NICE 2 in 1 from you. I'd like to see that! ;)

So you know, I got to play one of these at a pin expo - those so called "pins" are hollowed out and make the game VERY HARD to score. Thought you might want that information - it makes a difference when you play this and another flipperless machine John. Also, the sound is like a VERY LOW "pipe" sound when the ball hits them.

It's nice to see you taking up the 2 in 1 series on your own! I look forward to playing this as soon as you make it.

d

PS: Also, the playfields are wider. Just thought you would like to know that. The machine itself is quite a bit big.

how do you get the ball into the holes?it looks like they are completely surrounded by pins! Are there gates of some sort I am not seeing? looks nice cool btw!

Looks good John!

Hope you'll have BOTH sides allowed to play at one time. Would make a NICE 2 in 1 from you. I'd like to see that! ;)

So you know, I got to play one of these at a pin expo - those so called "pins" are hollowed out and make the game VERY HARD to score. Thought you might want that information - it makes a difference when you play this and another flipperless machine John. Also, the sound is like a VERY LOW "pipe" sound when the ball hits them.

It's nice to see you taking up the 2 in 1 series on your own! I look forward to playing this as soon as you make it.

d

PS: Also, the playfields are wider. Just thought you would like to know that. The machine itself is quite a bit big.

According to the IPDB, the game's size is 38 inches square. Height at front, 37 inches; at back, 41 inches. Weighs 120 pounds uncrated. I'll make them wider, all I did was plug it into a template for the SS. And yes, I plan on having it possible to play both games at the same time, and maybe offer a bonus if both games end with identical scores. Now, if I wanted to poke fun at our politicians, I would release the game with one table using red balls and the other one blue balls.

how do you get the ball into the holes?it looks like they are completely surrounded by pins! Are there gates of some sort I am not seeing? looks nice cool btw!

If you look closely, there is just enough room at the top of each set of pins for the ball to enter. And the pins are brass covered in white plastic

According to the IPDB, the game's size is 38 inches square. Height at front, 37 inches; at back, 41 inches. Weighs 120 pounds uncrated. I'll make them wider, all I did was plug it into a template for the SS. And yes, I plan on having it possible to play both games at the same time, and maybe offer a bonus if both games end with identical scores. Now, if I wanted to poke fun at our politicians, I would release the game with one table using red balls and the other one blue balls.

Like I said; it's a BIG machine. For a flipperless, that is not little. Even if you did leave the PF the way it is, it is a nice image. Too bad you can't get that glare off the left side PF. That would be wonderful when you have time. I did post a red and white ball on my Good Luck thread; hope you got those. As for a blue ball, I have a light blue one if wanted. I can cut it and make it like I did for the above two. Let me know if you'd like to have one. I also have Green, purple, light purple, black, orange and light blue. - which I plan on cutting and making for BMPs. They'll be posted to PN as soon as I have time. :)

d

Nice to see you make this John. Of course you could always cut the right side PF and place it on the left one to replace the glared image. The right side PF has no balls on it so that might be a workaround? Who knows, more than likely you'll surprise us all! :) Again, I look forward to playing this one! Keep us posted on your WIP as I am very happy to see you tackling a project like this. :)

Last edited:
I have tons of ball images, but can always use more. What I discovered in going at all the unknown manufacturers on the IPBD, is that double tables were more common than I would have figured. There must have been a dozen or so doubles made, but this is the only usable image I found.

I have tons of ball images, but can always use more. What I discovered in going at all the unknown manufacturers on the IPBD, is that double tables were more common than I would have figured. There must have been a dozen or so doubles made, but this is the only usable image I found.

Still, it's an excellent image! It can be used properly if you cut and paste and maybe do a little pixel drawing. If you need help, let me know please. I'm more than willing to help another flipperless author at anytime!

That one is worth doing. Can't wait to see it, as I have said :)

d

John;

Check your email for your new Sweetheart Double PF image! I figured I would post this here if you didn't check your email first.

Hope this helps you pal and do not hesitate to email me for anything else I can help with.

d

Last edited:
Sorry about sending you that SS. I now have sent you the original image. No rush pal, I have plenty to keep me busy.

I sent you the FIXED Sweetheart Double image and hope it helps. I did a few other "secret" things to make this one come out. I'll teach it to you via email as it's one of my secrets I use to deal with PFs that can be a pain in the ass to make straight and even. The worst part of this image is that the left and right sides of the machine were "bent" and curved over like a pipe. Made it harder to fix really.

I sent you the sweetdblFIXED.rar in your email so I HOPE you have it. If not, email me again and I'll send it again. I still have a zipped RAR file for you of it.

Hope it helps. I did some "perspective correction" and few "secret" works of my own and some cutting and pasting and it came out REALLY NICE. Hope you like it too. Made it a JPEG image using Photobrush at 100% save. Looks nice! Took me about 15 minutes using both Photobrush and Microsoft Paint.

Will

The PF cleanup for this one is REALLY EASY. Of course the right side ball lane (both sides) needs to be fixed straight and the PF itself needs a thorough redraw/cleaning. It's simple - even the "pins" at the top are "off" but those can be replaced with the ones below. Just some really quick pointers as I'm sure you would like this one to come out nice too! ;)

Last edited:
Yes, I got it Will, and it looks fantastic. I'll start working on the table tonight, and see what I can come up with. I have a few nifty ideas, which may or may not work, but as you said, I want this one to really shine. I guess you're proving that it is possible to teach old dogs new tricks. Thanks for all your help.

Yes, I got it Will, and it looks fantastic. I'll start working on the table tonight, and see what I can come up with. I have a few nifty ideas, which may or may not work, but as you said, I want this one to really shine. I guess you're proving that it is possible to teach old dogs new tricks. Thanks for all your help.

John;

Anytime my friend! It's so easy to really fix this up and I KNOW you can do it if I push you! If you need any pointers let me know. The PF color is so easy to replace. I always use the "eyedropper" in Microsoft Paint and pull a color and check a small area to see if that will work. it's how I'm fixing Good Luck! As for the pins, cut and paste, cut and paste ;) Even the area where the balls are collected is an EASY redraw.

I also have my old "coin slide" sound if you want me to send it to you!

DO ME A FAVOR: TAKE YOUR TIME WITH THIS ONE PLEASE. Make it shine; I KNOW you can do it!!!!

Always ways to "undo" and "repeat" to see if it works for the PF. ;)

Will

PS: Like I said, I do have a "secret trick" I use to fix images like this and I'll try to make you a step by step instructions via JPEG images. It's so easy but many folks don't do it the way I do :) Again, I'll see about this over the weekend if I have time. I have given folks the BASIC info to fix images, but this is more simpler! It's something they'll have to learn on their own and it's something most folks wouldn't think of doing using Photobrush! I won't post this info to anyone. It also requires the use of Microsoft Paint as well. Step one: Microsoft Paint. Step two: Photobrush. Simpler than you think! ;)

Last edited:
Well, when you're old and befuddled, nothing is easy, but I have plenty of time. And as you'll see in the SS below, I have made Sweetheart Double huge, since it actually was a massive game. My only two projects for the foreseeable future will be this and a rebuild of Electric Cyclone for VP9. I don't know why that one fascinates me, but it does. I'll use your script to get me started, and make whatever changes I need to get it working the way it should.

Attachments

• capture1.jpg
    capture1.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 297
Two words: LOOKS PERFECT

(so far!) :)

Will

As for Electric Cyclone, YOU are more than welcome to change it anyway you see fit. Look forward to seeing that one as well!

Two words: LOOKS PERFECT

(so far!) :)

You had to say that, didn't you. Now I'm probably jinxed.

Will

As for Electric Cyclone, YOU are more than welcome to change it anyway you see fit. Look forward to seeing that one as well!

Hopefully I can solve some of the problems you faced with EC, and get it playing the way it should. It's not an easy table to make, but I'll give it my best shot. And I now hve a 3rd project I'm working on, which will stay a secret until it's released. It's something I doubt anyone would ever expect from me, but I think it's cool, and I do like challenges.

Hey John;

I just noticed something. Are you trying to do a 2 in 1 too? ;)

Had to bring this up! :)

d

Well, in a way I suppose, although I think of it more as a side-by-side. I would like to have both tables play at the same time, and offer a bonus if both scores match. I'll also set it up so you can play either table solo, and maybe even offer head-to-head play. This one will take a while, since I'm busy with a few other projects right now. I'm working with Shockman on his PNVP project, as well as trying to come up with a new nudging system. And then I have over 650 project tables that can distract me at any time. I also have a war time propaganda pin game project that now involves 6 or 7 games, some from Germany, some from the US, and one from the UK. Add to that about 40 Trade Stimulators, and it's surprising I complete anything.

I also have a war time propaganda pin game project that now involves 6 or 7 games, some from Germany, some from the US, and one from the UK
wait...what? is that like a rpg campaign of table playing? more on that please...

I also have a war time propaganda pin game project that now involves 6 or 7 games, some from Germany, some from the US, and one from the UK
wait...what? is that like a rpg campaign of table playing? more on that please...

I don't do role playing games, if that's what rpg means. These are all either bagatelle or counter top games, a few are even trade stimulators. And it's more for the historical importance than anything else.

Well, after the WWII Propaganda Series, this one slipped my mind for a while. Now it's the main thing I'm working on, and making slow but steady progress. Once I finish coding, a whole lot of testing, and probably pin placement adjustment will take place. I've solved every problem that I encountered so far, except for one, all by myself, which is astounding. Right now both tables play at the same time but I'm hoping to implement one-sided play too. Won't be very soon probably, but . . .

Attachments

• capture1.jpeg
    capture1.jpeg
    496.6 KB · Views: 252
Well, after the WWII Propaganda Series, this one slipped my mind for a while. Now it's the main thing I'm working on, and making slow but steady progress. Once I finish coding, a whole lot of testing, and probably pin placement adjustment will take place. I've solved every problem that I encountered so far, except for one, all by myself, which is astounding. Right now both tables play at the same time but I'm hoping to implement one-sided play too. Won't be very soon probably, but . . .

This is one WIP I look forward to playing! If you need ANY help with walls being fixed and looking right DO NOT hesitate to email me John. I'd love to help you with this one! ;)

d

I just might send it to you for a cosmetic improvement Will. Although my pins will be invisible, having them in just the right places would still be a plus. But I'm pretty sure I've figured most of the coding so far.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Killabot has left the room.
      Back