Tales of the Arabian Nights (Williams, 1996)

Williams SS Recreation BAM FP Tales of the Arabian Nights (Williams, 1996) v1.9 BAM

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball
GeorgeH updated Tales of the Arabian Nights with a new update entry:

Tales of the Arabian Nights

This table has had problems with the magnet for the genie. When the magnet released the ball, it would often fall between the flippers and then drain. The previous best solution that was implemented on Version 1.8 moved the magnet for the ball to the left. It looked rather odd but it played well. My friend, AnonTet, performed some testing on the magnet and found some settings that allows the ball to be moved back to about the same location it had been. Version 1.9 implements this change. I...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I though it would best to just download and start anew (fpRam included).
For the intended purposes (menu and magnet testing) I can say I had no issues with the changes at all in v1.9.

Many thanks and can now confirm the ball is now placed as it should be and does not drain. also to confirm the build shows still at 1.8 but is in fact 1.9
:yourock:

one further thing. what is the new ball colour named as in the pdf ? i only see one default colour listed in the choice of colours menu is that it?

There is a "zip" file included in the download. It has a custom ball that is similar in appearance to the default ball so don't be confused. The "zip" file also has a texture for the DMD that sets the unlit dots on all the DMDs to black instead of a dark gray. Do not unzip the "zip" file. Save it with the table using the exact same name of the table. Note that the zip file does not contain an XML file. The XML has been added to the script.

Many thanks and can now confirm the ball is now placed as it should be and does not drain. also to confirm the build shows still at 1.8 but is in fact 1.9
It's not just that. In the DMD it still says "REV. 1.6" ;)

Fortunately none are related to gameplay :D

It's not just that. In the DMD it still says "REV. 1.6" ;)

Fortunately none are related to gameplay :D

Thanks guys! I never seem to remember to do new version numbers. ...But it says 1.9 in both places now.

Testing is testing :D

one further thing. what is the new ball colour named as in the pdf ? i only see one default colour listed in the choice of colours menu is that it?
and the ball colour entry as in the pdf?

I read the .pdf.

I think it is a case of misunderstanding.

The Menu only allows for changing 3 or 5 ball play. The ball "colour" cannot be changed.

What I understand from the manual is that the ball is SIMILAR to the default ball colour when none is specified.

If you look closer to the ball the table loads (it's one of the textures in the zip file), it basically has the same colour as the default ball in FP BUT seems to have fake table reflections in it.

and the ball colour entry as in the pdf?

The only ball color change is the custom ball that Smoke created that is still there. The ball is still silver on the custom ball so there is only a small difference in the color. You have to save the zip file with the table as in previous versions. (Basically the same thing that AnonTet said but I didn't see it until this was posted).

thanks for the reply.
The only ball color change is the custom ball that Smoke created that is still there. The ball is still silver on the custom ball so there is only a small difference in the color. You have to save the zip file with the table as in previous versions. (Basically the same thing that AnonTet said but I didn't see it until this was posted).
thanks, George for the explanation.

thanks for the reply.

thanks, George for the explanation.

The custom ball looks so much like default ball that it confused me at first. If you can believe it, I actually sent Ravarcade a message that the custom balls weren't working.

The custom ball looks so much like default ball that it confused me at first. If you can believe it, I actually sent Ravarcade a message that the custom balls weren't working.
the custom ball default is ok my end. I think the new default colour plays smoother than the old.

the custom ball default is ok my end. I think the new default colour plays smoother than the old.
Placebo. Ball colour does not impact physics.

I do suspect however that you may have upgraded to BAM v313.

see

Placebo. Ball colour does not impact physics.

I do suspect however that you may have upgraded to BAM v313.

see
i had bam v313. it just feels a lot better then it was.

Hi, very very nice table, graphics and sounds are pretty nice but how is it possible to activate (scrolling) camera fallow the ball in the script, I have tried different solutions but still... not working

Hi, very very nice table, graphics and sounds are pretty nice but how is it possible to activate (scrolling) camera fallow the ball in the script, I have tried different solutions but still... not working
I don't know. I never use it. Anyone else know?

There is the option in the video / rendering options for " Camera follows the ball" (place a check mark beside it to turn it on). There are also 2 scrolling options on "Default camera". Of course, neither of these options is in the script so these change would affect all the tables you play.

There is the option in the video / rendering options for " Camera follows the ball" (place a check mark beside it to turn it on). There are also 2 scrolling options on "Default camera". Of course, neither of these options is in the script so these change would affect all the tables you play.
it only scrolls half way, its the table size and the script i think.

Your only solution is scroll mode 2, and in video option in future pinball switch to 4:3 aspect ratio
unless you have a rotated display.

I talk about this kind of scrolling (just look Elvis table)

I talk about this kind of scrolling (just look Elvis table)
thats not really scrolling. what view are you using ? future pinball or Bam?

It looks like you have "Default camera" set to "Full Table 2" and "Camera follows the ball" checked. I don't think there is anything in the script of the tables in your video that make it scroll like you want. I don't know why TOTAN doesn't scroll like that with the same options selected. It probably has something to do with the shape of the table.

thats not really scrolling. what view are you using ? future pinball or Bam?
It looks like you have "Default camera" set to "Full Table 2" and "Camera follows the ball" checked. I don't think there is anything in the script of the tables in your video that make it scroll like you want. I don't know why TOTAN doesn't scroll like that with the same options selected. It probably has something to do with the shape of the table.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Free Bally! @ Free Bally!:
    you mean the pirate game!
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
  • JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze:
    AC = Assasin's Creed...4...Black Flag.
    heh, they all look like pirate queens, instead of a gig on the beach, the Law Of The Sea says they have to fight until there's only one
    Reactions: JonPurpleHaze
    ahoy, have to go make some salad of fish chunks flavored to taste like crab, have a salty Friday ya scallawag!
  • Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs:
    Free Bally! has left the room.
    yirmiahu has left the room.
    Guenther has left the room.
    alain.rev has left the room.
    eduguitar72 has left the room.
    mickcarmone has left the room.
    No World Order has left the room.
    ususio1011 has left the room.
  • F @ freebird1963:
    D/l a couple of FPB files and has music and sound files. For FPB were do those files go as I don't see those dir like in vpx.
  • F @ freebird1963:
    D/l a couple of FPB files and has music and sound files. For FPB were do those files go as I don't see those dir like in vpx.
    eathearty has left the room.
    dieg44720 has left the room.
    leestecher has left the room.
    swaggedgamer777 has left the room.
    Arnold101 has left the room.
    MoFloh has left the room.
    Jthemad has left the room.
    Fredrick has left the room.
    lilalien has left the room.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: lilalien has left the room.
      Back