Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (Stern, 2003) VP8

VP8 Stern SS Recreation Terminator 3 (Jamin 1.0) v1.0

No permission to download
Solid State Machines

Jamin7474

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Added to Pinball Nirvana's Downloads section.

856.jpg

As I've never played the actual table some feedback from people that have played the actual table will be helpful for a future update. The only two issues that I'm not sure are playing right are the kickback and the speed of the backbox motor.

I wasn't sure where the average kickback ended up. Right now it hits the captive ball. Is it supposed to be weaker to where it doesn't reach that area? Or should it go towards the droptarget (lock area), or perhaps the center ramp?

As for the speed of the backbox motor I made sure that it didn't match the speed at which the lights would change (during the 2 modes where the lights are moving).
If the two were in sync during the mode where you had to hit the lit target a number of times it would have made that one a bit too easy.

There are a few things you are able to customize but it only involves changing some images (the playfield image and a few decals located on the Backbox portion).

Included in the image manager is an alternate playfield (the original one I was working from before Destruk so kindly helped me out by providing some more material). The Production run playfield is named T3pf1 and the concept art playfield is named T3pf2. I had put quite a bit into that so I thought may as well include it. When I'm playing the table I'll switch over to that playfield from time to time just to be different.

Also, in the WIP post on VPForums I noticed a couple people requested Kristanna Loken on the backdrop. I left the backbox area as a plain backglass Backdrop for default but it contains a few decals that you can change the images using the Editor.
Two images are provided for use in those decals ( if you change the decal but wish to change it back switch the image to "transdecal" or you'll have a white box when you load up the table.

For those who haven't played around with VP Editor and are wondering how to alter the backbox here are the steps to change those images.

1. Hit the Options button so that the far right side of the window shows the Options.
2. Hit the Backbox button so you can change what is on the Backbox.
3. Highlight whichever decal you wish to change the image it uses.
4. In the Options area for the decal you just selected there should be an option named Image. Hit the downarrow button of Image to activate the pulldown box and give you the list of images you can choose from. Scroll until you find the one you want - the one's I provided with the table are named KristannaLoken1 and KristannaLoken2. A shortcut to getting to those images without scrolling is to activate the pulldown box and type in the first couple letters of the image you want...in this case Kr...and then mouseclick on the image you want in the pulldown box to switch to it.)
5. Once you've changed what you want play the table. If you like what you've changed it to then Esc back to the Editor and save the table. If you don't like what you've changed it to then you can either switch the image back to "transdecal" or close the table but choose to not save it.

Hope you enjoy playing the table as much as I enjoyed making the table.

(edit) Oh yeah forgot to mention that I must be getting more and more user friendly because I included sounds for the slings and jet bumpers (which I comment out in the script as I don't like hearing those when I play a table...I'd rather hear the full effect of the sounds the rom makes when those items are hit). I think the tables I'm making are improving bit by bit (still no match for the Big 2 (Scapino and Pacdude)) but I guess that's what we can all strive for. Maybe one day I'll end up including all of the sounds that other table authors use. Maybe one day I'll start using reels more often (I tend to stay away from reels like the plague). Guess that's just a dream though.

It's too late here for a try now (past 02:00) even if I'm excited about very much.

Thank you very much for building and sharing, Jamin7474!

The kickback would generally hit the captive ball or the posts next to the captive ball, so you have that right :) From what I remember, the backbox motor should take about a second to get from the start to the end. It actually starts out slow, then accelerates, and then decelerates when it gets closer to the end point. Total trip from start to finish and back should be about 2.5? seconds or so. Perhaps a little faster as most, if not all? rpg sequences are a hurryup Thankyou so much for working on this one!

can someone PM me a link to a working romset?

Sternpinball.com has a romset too.

Ipdb was down (for maintainance i guess) at the time subzero posted...I pm'd the link for Stern site's download area bout 30mins after subzero's request. So he's good to go.

Thanks for release,jamin.
Great work,as usual. :thumleft:

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back