Bally The Bally Game Show (Bally, 1990) problems

pmj777jaj

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
bally game show
machine will not boot up.removed mpu board D11883 to bench replaced transistor Q50 and timer U43 as suggested by another member.machine will still not boot but now the Diag led flashes 60 times then goes out and allows blanking led to flash 10 times
and just keeps repeating this cycle. This is a learning curve for me, so any suggestions as to what I can check next would be very welcome.

the manual talks about a LED chart but could not find it. is it possible the timer was installed backwards? sorry i dont have enough knowledge of the timing and blanking circuits to be much help. what was the problem before the parts were changed.

general

the original fault was a short in the 16 digit display which also blew a fuse it was either F1 or F3 in the power supply I can't remember which.Until this happened the game booted up and ran fine.I have noticed without going into detail at this stage when the Diag LED stops flashing and the blanking LED starts to flash the MPU seems to come alive just for the time the blanking LED flashes as if it's trying to boot up.

i found the cpu led table. it doesnt say anything about 60 flashes, 11 is highest. on the same manual page it talks about a cpu board reset button switch(SW2). what happens when its pushed?

Hi Dave, Thanks for trying to help me with this one.When turning game on lights come but it will not boot. 5v led comes on and stays on the Diag LED
just keeps flashing for 60 times then goes out allowing blanking LED to flash 10 times.When the blanking LED flashes i get a message on the display which I think reads adjust failure but i can't really read it.Batteries are new
and in a separate holder and I do have battery voltage at Pin 24 on U25.
Now I'm stuck your suggestions please.

What happens when you take the batteries out...?

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
      xenonph @ xenonph: @oilpainter27 find here...
      Back