The Invaders & pinball

greenknight

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
Hi, here's one for 1960s pinball experts! I recently watched an epsiode of the The Invaders (A Quinn Martin Production) called The Miracle. In Harry's Grill there was a pinball table and I couldn't make out which one it was. It looked like a bluey-purple backglass and looked quite up-to-date (i.e. mid-60s styling) if that's any help.

Does anoyone know which table it was?

Cheers,
GK

Interesting that you made your first post exactly five months after registering. I hope it's not another five months before we hear from you again Nigel. You've mentioned The Invaders before to me, and with it being a Quinn-Martin show, I'm surprised I've never seen it. Hopefully someone will be able to indentify it for you. If not, amybe Josh Kaplan @ Pinball Central would know, since part of his site is about pins seen in movies and on TV.

Just wondering, have you done, or plan on doing anything more with the Invaders table we've discussed off and on?

John

Well I sincerely hope it won't be that long till my next post! Is it really FIVE months? Aagh! Time flies as you get older!

As you know John, spare time has been non-existent until this last couple of weeks, and once I get back to work again next week, time will be a bit tight, but hopefully not as bad as the last few months.

I'm afraid I haven't had time to do much to our table, but I'm still aiming to finish it ONE day!

We've had the privielge of having The Invaders entire series being shown here. There's just two or three episodes left now! There were 43 made I think.

Suki is going through a very affectionate phase ATM, and got us up at 6am this morning. We're working on an alarm clock for her!

Cheers,
GK

Would you be willing to send me a copy of the table at whatever stage it is? Maybe I would find inspiration in what you have so far, and help move it along some. If you ever do invent a cat alarm that works you'll become a very rich person.

John

Well to be honest John, I've done very little to it! I WAS wondering whether to do a table with The Man From UNCLE theme instead as I found some really good MFU incidental music that would be perfect for a table. There could be a ramp on the table with a drop target in front of it which could be opened by say making a row of drop targets which would give access to the tailor's shop which as you remember was the secret entrance to UNCLE HQ. This could go by the name of Channel D etc.

Alternatively, there was a really good sci-fi mini-series on over here about 8 years ago called The Uninvited and I have the music for it too! Just a couple of ideas!

Cheers,
GK

Well, I at least have seen The Man From Uncle. Sometimes I feel like the US is deprived, since we get very little Bristish TV. Another theme that might be ccol would be The Saint. Simon Templar has long been a favorite of mine. If time allows you to progress with a theme, I'll be available if you need my help or input.

John

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: JonPurpleHaze has posted a new reply in the thread "What music are you listening to?".
      Back