The Real Shocking Poll

PacDude

Pinball Wizard
Solutions
Reaction score
Here's what "the poll" should really ask!

does your pissing and moaning ever stop? :cry:

mob mentality and talking behind someone's back is against what i stand for but in this case it's right on.

i've never seen a person online be so relentlessly obtuse and obnoxious. at this point i think that if the skies opened up above shockman's head and a deity stepped forth who gently and patiently tried to explain the situation to him, shockman would start swearing, threatening and blaming others until after many hours the deity's body would sag in defeat, he'd utter a cosmic sigh, and would dejectedly trudge back up to heaven, leaving shockman in possession of the field and none the wiser.

Tii said:
does your pissing and moaning ever stop? :cry:

Feel free to join Shockman in Shockworld if you feel that bad for him.

i'm not talking about Shockman, i'm talking
generally over the last 5 years....:roll:

And what have you done the last 5 years, Tii? Making Cheesy Poofs? Kicking Wrenchien out of your house? Dressing your dog up in clothes???

Pacdude said:
And what have you done the last 5 years, Tii? Making Cheesy Poofs? Kicking Wrenchien out of your house? Dressing your dog up in clothes???

i've been on TV - top that! :wink:

These polls are bad for us and i refuse to vote, stuff happens to us all and folks change......

I hope Shock* will change but a few other folks would be banned right now if we let this type of mentality prevail....

:boohoo:

This topic is in as much bad taste as shockmans posts and should be locked.

subzero said:
This topic is in as much bad taste as shockmans posts and should be locked.

whilst I agree that threads like these are in bad taste SubZero, you also don't want to try locking threads, the members dom't sem to like that either

TMFP

JonPurpleHaze said:
These polls are bad for us and i refuse to vote, stuff happens to us all and folks change......
suuuuuuuuure they do.

saying this poll is in poor taste is missing the point- your system doesn't work with shockman and everyone can see that. has seen it. will continue to see it as soon as shockman's next ban is over.

This is the same situation as when I made that poll about Bizzle and his antics. Despite an overwhelming majority of people wanting him to be banned for what he did, the admin decided not to ban him.

This place puts up with far too much crap from people which is why I and many other regular who create tables and contribute to the scene no longer come here.

The admin run things, it's their choice, I don't argue with that. I just choose to leave and go elsewhere, as do many others. I said back in May that it was the beginning of the end and I think it's clearly the case. Not the end for the VP scene - it's not a big scene, but if you go to VP-Originals or VPForums you will still find a small, decent crowd of friendly people who love their pinball and want to talk about their hobby without fear of abuse and excessive profanity. I meant it was the beginning of the end for this forum, and so it continues to deteriorate. I know good authors that have told me that they are so disillusioned by the way people behave here that they actually considered giving up making tables altogether. We're talking about people who make great tables here and keep the scene alive wanting to give up their hobby, that's how bad it is.

But make no mistake - the reason people leave is not because of idiots who abuse the system, all boards have that. People don't leave because of Shockman or Bizzle. They leave, and thus the site dies, because the admin don't respond to what the majority wants and deal with them properly and thus they continue to ruin the place for everyone. I'm all for being liberal and open minded, but if we were all in a room talking and one guy just started shouting and swearing at everyone, it wouldn't be tolerated in the name of allowing them the freedom to say or do what they want. It would rightly be seen as behaviour that was spoiling everyone else's freedom to relax, chat and enjoy the site.

I will never again be a regular contributor to this site as long as this policy is maintained, that's my choice, the only thing I have any say over. God only knows what new users make of it when they join. This place is dead to me.

I haven't voted yet, I think Shocky needed to be banned, but I also don't agree with permanent bans for longtime users. I liked the the idea of adding a week to each ban, but Shocky has a few screennames and the ban weeks were adding up while he was banned and that didn't make sense.

As far as new users go and Highrise's comments... I don't think Jon or anyone else wants this site to be another VPForums, if that was the case, all we would really need PN for is to host non-Rom tables. I like having a site that lets us be ourselves, that said, don't overmoderate, but take action a little earlier if someone continues to spam every thread. I don't care how much Shocky rants and raves if he keeps it confined to a couple of threads, I don't want to read about it in every thread. Don't let any member stalk another member from thread to thread, but let them say whatever they want to if it's confined to ONE thread. I don't even mind and often like it when a thread goes off-topic, especially if it's entertaining.

Will Shocky ever change? Damn straight he will, but he may need to be banned a few more times before he realizes that he just can't spam every thread with his story that everyone of us knows by heart. Shocky, if you're reading this.... Let it go! You fucked up and no one gives a rats arse about your VPF membership except you!

People leave this scene, because they get freakin' bored with the VP program or they discover something new to do on their pc! They don't leave because Shocky called them a liar or Bizzle grosses them out, they might not return to this forum, but this forum isn't for everybody.

I think Jon has a cool site and he is one of Visual Pinball's VIP's, I hope he never sobers up :cheers:

Actually, the poll serves as a reverse to Shockman's constant polls about was he wronged, etc. when what I want to know is whether people think he should shut the fuck up or be forced to. Thus far, the polling results show 13 out of 14 people think he should be forced to shut the fuck up forever here. That's not rocket science alright. That's the people here saying they are fed up with putting up with that shit day in and day out.

You know VPFF was a pretty nice forums too until a few trolls decided to show up and fuck the place over. That's the problem with having no rules with real teeth. It sounds nice on paper, but some asshole will inevitably come along and test that missing rule by wreaking havoc on the site and ruining for everyone else. Hijacking threads constantly, telling everyone to fuck off 20 times a day over and over. It gets SERIOUSLY OLD fast and I think these poll results are reflecting that.

actually Bob, I agree. I don't want to tell anyone how to run their forum, I'm sure it's a pain in the backside trying to keep it going, so much respect goes to anyone who does it. So no hard feelings, you have to do things your own way. It's just not the place for me that's all.

Hey Pacdude - is that girl in your avatar trying to stop Shockman from getting in her bikini bottoms? she's saying "There's one asshole in there already and that's enough."

I don't think the thread topic is bad taste, because the decision isn't made by the result of the poll. Generally I would say yes, it's bad taste, but in this special case I think it's acceptable. The poll and the thread offer the possibility to express opinions and feelings without direct argument/conflict with concerned person (in this case because of the ban). That makes it some more real than in an 'open' dispute, because nobody would vote and post just for fun and jumps to conclusions (maybe I'm wrong, that's just my view of the things).

Personally I still didn't vote. It has to do with the fact that Shockman made it possible to play his Mr. & Mrs. Pacman table in VPOH tournament as the only vpm table conversion, which I loved to play very much. That can't count forever, but still I can't vote against him from heart. That's all. I just can't believe how much he seems to be 'mutated' since then.

I hope he can/will find an adequate way/solution to solve the problem to anyones complete satisfaction. I don't believe.

That girl is Mariah Carey. Frankly, Ms. Lopez has nothing on her booty, IMO. :D

with all do respect PacDude I've seen a few threads not only here but over at VPF and you are constantly at odds with someone for some reason. While it is true there is always someone out there who does not like you or vice versa the point is get along or take your argument in private. As public arguments taint the fun of the forums IMHO

Get along? Yes, sir! (salutes)

Gimme a break. "Discussion" forums aren't all about agreements, computerfrk1. Being "at odds" with someone in a discussion is what makes online forums fun. Everyone just nodding their head is boring as hell.

Of course, there is a difference between arguments and making a forum an online hell to visit. I think Shocky fits the latter description and again, I'll simply point to the poll results since Shockman seems to think polls are going to back him up elsewhere on this site. The point of this poll is to prove that line of thinking completely wrong. Thus far, this poll has only proven my point about as well as I could hope for (short of 16-0).

Hmmm... Radical thought - perhaps anybody that likes shocky has refrained from voting because they no longer attend this site because they got sick of seeing everybody hurling abuse at the guy?
EDITIED MY RAVE>

even more radical thought- perhaps people who can't stand shockman because of the abuse he hurls at everybody else no longer attend this site so therefore aren't around to vote and make the numbers even more dramatic than they are.

you'll see how pleasant he is to deal with if he ever gets pissed off at you for any reason, anthias.

Anthias, the 'negativity' that was 'hurled' at Shockman would not have been one percent of the 'negativity' that he has 'hurled' at the rest of the community over the last 12 months

@Nic, you seem to have forgotten that our only 'crime' was to take on the staffing roles at VPF, that action alone was what made us a target of No-Freinds-Phil

TMFP

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Isaac Sauvage has posted a new reply in the thread "How did you like that movie / TV show / book?".
      Back