The youth of today, sigh

GravitaR

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
DELTONA, FL (AP) -- Authorities say a central Florida 19-year-old threw a taco at his mother for unplugging his video game system.

According to the Volusia County Sheriff's Office, 54-year-old Dena Moir told her son, Zachary, several times to come downstairs for dinner. When he didn't respond, she went upstairs and unplugged his Xbox. She told deputies her son pushed her, called her names and ordered her out of his room.
Zachary later went to the kitchen and threw his taco in his mother's face.
Dena Moir told a 911 dispatcher she had tried to get her son out of the house before.

Zachary Moir is being held without bail in the Volusia County Branch Jail. He's charged with domestic violence battery.

Oh come on, we're not ALL that bad!

Give us a chance. Funny story by the way, although I don't get pissed that easily when my gaming system goes down in any way. Long live Autosave!

The McD

The dufus probably doesn't know how to use the save feature, so he was only living in the moment and caught up in the excitement.

The youth of today, sigh
The youth of today are the direct result of the parents of today. A generation of people who grew up swearing that they wouldn't be like their parents should have learned from them instead of dissing them.

I have to disagree. The parents of today who raised spoiled children did so in retaliation for the self-centered indulgences of their parents by the extremes of either their parent's behavioral patterns of egocentric compensation/self-gratification or by The Golden Rule but lacking positive practical substance, or both, so when they leave home they also adopt egocentric self-gratifications selfishly as compensation for their past, usually because their parents shared very little that was worthwhile. Mind you, I'm not talking about a balanced moderate home of love and true concern for one another. Only sharing the anger and the tears or the regrets doesn't make a home or a healthy individual.

A child is only hungry. A child is only looking for answers. Provide practical substance. The quickest way to spoil a child is by enforcing empty egocentric dominance. Such disciplines only deprive self-development and fail to share positive activities with something to show for the trouble, a useful object or skill.

If the child is a bad seed by his/her own inherent nature, like a Damien, then whack 'em.

Agreed about the wacking them part, but if the child is smart enough or has heard of parental abuse they can have the parent arrested.

'wacking' a kid is illegal in the USA

Don't know about other countries.
wacking a child no matter his/her age is against the law! Yeah I was spanked as a kid, but that doesn'tmake it right. when I was married my two older stepsons were both ADHD and the older one had bipolarity. he would go off at a moments notice. A taco was the least of our worries. At one time he put a kitchen chair thru the window! Now we didn't call the cops, also having adhd, I knew how to handle him, and so I did no hitting necessary! there are ways to deal with problem kids, I can't believe she called the cops for a TACO of all things! what a wimp! Nowadays there are other agencies you can call if these problems arise, rather than the cops! I know we went thru ALOt of chairs! before his bipolarity was actually recogniozed as such and not just attributed to temper tantrums! But now he has the proper medication and can face challenges with no temper tantrums. Sure at times he still gets frustrated, (don't we all?!) but he knows (with my help) he just needs to calm down, go for a walk if need be, but don't let it stay bottled up inside! I still can't believe a taco! that's just frikkin hilarious! She should have just eaten it, but yeah she should meter out punishments rather than copping out and contacting the authorities, course byt the time they are ten or so it's too late to start with punishments that should be started at day one, so a child knows "If I do this, then mom will be angry and she'll punish me, so maybe I won't do that"

yep, 19 years old- you screwed up there, kid.
if it was only two years ago or so you would have had all the excuses on your side.

a good friend of mine's sister decided to homeschool her kids. now she and her husband are stuck with a 22-yr old and a 25-yr old who are woefully unprepared and unmotivated to go to college or pursue any education-based career. instead, they live comfortably at home, each pursuing their cherised passtimes- one of them spends 14 hours a day playing WoW and the other 14 hours a day playing guitar hero and derivatives. nice lives i guess, as long as their parents remain alive.

how could ANYBODY stay home till 25? I am shuddering at the thought! I felt it was too late when I was 17!

Regardless, there is NEVER an excuse for the taco! responsibility lies allways with the individual for the action. Justify it however you want, but you have to take responsibility. Or is it the mothers fault for feeding the shit? At 19, if that is his way of dealing with problems, then a shit is all he is - no excuses, and while perhaps the parents are to blame, that can only go so far. I've encountered hundreds of kids who claimed to be adhd, and ONE thing was a lesson that kurbed their behaviour, once they learned it, more than ANYTHING else. Responsibility. Teach them that, teach it strict, teach it to the exact same standards you demonstrate yourself (If you are not strict with yourself, then YOU need to change - this is where parents are the problem), teach it fast, and your problems will be largely resolved.

I hate that so many people make adhd an excuse for being a shit. Its never an excuse. It is like saying a drunk is not responsible for drink driving and killing somebody "Forgive me, judge, I was drunk so I didn't have any control over my actions". That just can not work. give an excuse that pardons criminal actions, and you have a criminal. Give a child a medical excuse for being badly behaved, and they will be badly behaved, simply because you are teaching them that they have no other way to be. It is the greatest mistake of modern "medicine". But if you make something a disease, it becomes a money cow, which is the case with so many things now....

This isn't said to deny the existance of ADHD as a medical condition OR its sometimes debilitating effects on genuine sufferers personal lives, but rather to deny that it is something that removes self control, or self awareness. If you ascribe a disease the ability to effect behaviour in this way, you deny a part of that childs intelligence, a part of their mind, and a part of their humanity, in the same way that turned "Spastic" into an insult, that made "mental" a term of derision, and led to children who were a little bit different being labelled somehow sub-human in the playground. Our big-pharm western medicine controllers have stooped once more to that childish level in creating these kinds of things out of an urge to make money at any cost. They ought to be ashamed. These kids need help and good parenting, not drugs and excuses.

I know my opinions will be shot down by some, but I have extensive experience in dealing with this which has led me to this point, and will not easily change my opinion now that I have seen as much of it as I have. In fact, I used to think quite differently once apon a time.

Last edited:
I agree Anthias. Parental Responsibility is required. There are so many people who expect the government to do the parenting, the censoring, the policing, instead of maintaining responsibility for themselves.

What I was saying about providing positive substance is in sharing knowledge without interfering with self-discovery. Many people do not know how to raise their own food, how to build a house, how to fix and maintain their possessions and this is part of the problem. Responsibility also requires positive activities that are not made bitter as a chore or an obligation, but as something to do while being good to one another.
When things have to be done, it shouldn't have to be under additional threats by those parents who are venting their unrelated frustrations on their children who are not the cause.

If the little shit is the devel, then whack 'em.

I wonder why these kind of things with young people are happening all over the world; Here in Spain is very much the same. Looks like "bad sides" are winning the "game" everywhere(And not this "match" only).

I think "Good sided open eyed people", younger or older, must realize we're loosing here and now, fight the best we can do, and take care of our peers. I don´t think there are "problems" to solve; Before that kind of thing, it's just "bad sides" are winning.

Maybe it sounds strange but I see we´re not all the same so I propose first, check this, then be aware, and finally try to discriminate; You can be fighting against you're expected to do it while "bad sides" laugh.

And I'm not talking from a religious point of view, that would be too easy for the case.

Regards (59 years old human)

Um let's see relatively healthy 19 year old against 54 year old mother, mmm, just what am I missing here?

54 - 19 = 35

Where is the father in all this? Is there a father at all?

Either way, it's another sensational meaningless headline to deflect the mass populous from any real issues, that will directly effect them. ;)

Gutter Press, at least that's what it used to be, now a days the press is bought, paid for and suppressed, that's the only place for them, in the gutter.

I have to support the kid ... it must be the mothers fault ... she put too much salts on the taco and when bitten into it, he nearly choked .... so he threw the rest away ... the mother in a twist of spite (to get rid of her son) dived into the path of the said flying taco and suceeded in catching it with her face. What a bitch :cuss:

And all because it was her turn on the X Box :sob:

Maybe she used biera for the meat?
Maybe she used horse?

Youth of today scare me! Seriously I have a 13 and 16 yeard old...maybe I'm just getting old....I try to swing with the times but some things are just too weird even for me! Crank Dat Souljaboy! Ooookaaay...music today leaves a lot to be desired. Just my 2 cents worth. :) Horse meat...mmmmm....burgers! :)

Nothing wrong with horse meat ... the French eat a shit load of it :)

Hey and Marv, my 2 are 14 and 17 so I know what you are gonna find out :D hehe

Yeah I am already finding out some things! Oh well life's a journey of learning isn't it? Just want to keep my kids as safe as possible in this nutso world, that's all...ya can't be with them all the time, but ya gotta have faith you've instilled enough values and sense into them. :)

Yeah, ain't that the truth.

The sure grow up fast ....

ADHD IS a disease I know I have it

Having grown up with (MBD) minimal brain dysfunction or commonly known as adhd I can understand the problems my former stepson has. It is NOT a lame excuse, I had many problems in school due to my lack of ability to concentrate! and I tried! I had to be tutored one-on-one for my attention span while intense was short! even today, my mind wanders if I don't really concentrate. I am always thinking of at least 4 different subjects at once! at times it is tough to sort out all those thoughts into their seperate respective categories, but as an adult I have come to terms with my wandering brain so-to-speak. that is why visual pinball was tougher for me than the average layman to figure out. my mind while absorbing some things real easily had a tough time catching on to basic programming. it isn't easy and at times I just walked away, but you see I can! as an adult I know what makes me frustrated and what doesn't, but children get confused and frustrated too easily and so lash out in anger due to their inability to deal with their problems. so don't just write off adhd as a lame excuse, I know some parents blame these medical conditions for their kids behavior (and I agree it starts with the parents if they are too lazy to raise their kids they are to blame) but at times it does ring true! and bipolarity IS a serious disease that requires meds to counteract its (at times) violent behavior just thought I'd throw my two cents in...
oh and FYI I stayed at home till I was 27, but I helped with the rent and my dying (cancer ravaged her entire body) grandmother during that time, and yeah at times then i was not working so I DID play video games but for the most part I helped out around the house from shopping to lawncutting to helping my 'Nama' (grandmother)

Please don't misunderstand me faralos - it is not a lame excuse, but it is over used as a total one. Instead of teaching kids how to deal with it, parents give up and use it as an excuse not to try, thus teaching the kids not to try. However, some get it right and focus on what is needed, like you describe with your stepsons.

Here in Australia, we have had massive problems of misdiagnosis, with children that have no problem called adhd, given drugs, and given the excuse. That gives the bad name to the genuine sufferers. I assisted with a research project into this issuemany years ago, and that found that less than 3% were correctly diagnosed in my state! (and resulted in a stack of doctors being banned from practicing medicine) Our government subsidises the drugs to treat it, which are addictive, and they stop that at 16years of age. I have seen kids hit that age, and the free drug supply runs out, mum and dad can't afford more, and the kids been addicted for ten years. I have a major problem with that.

well as a child (age ten in 1969) I was also given massive doses of rytalin, not needing half of what i was forced to take, it messed my body up for years afterwards (at that time rytalin was a mostly untested drug no one knew the correct amounts to take), so I tend to agree with you of overdosing at young ages. and I do tend to agree, being a former boy scoutmaster(and Webelos den leader) I witnessed many a boy being labeled as ADHD when all they needed was a bit of tutoring or family counseling! the fault does indeed lie within todays society which is so quick to write off todays youth as "'challenged' so lets pump them with drugs instead of helping them" Most of these so-called 'normal' families refused to see that it was the FAMILY unit who had a problem not just their son so they pass off their kid as a 'special need' child rather than admit they are at fault, also! I fear for tomorrows youth for they will be running the world...

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "Complete list of VB commands".
      Back