Data East Time Machine (Data East, 1988) pinball help

kurtackerman

Inserted Coin
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
fun house
I just purchased a time machime made by Data east. everything seems to work but all the scores dont show up at all. it seems to be adding the scores up but it just wont illuminate them. ANy tips?
thanks
kurt ackerman

on the power supply board, check f3 o.25 amp slo-blo fuse. its the 90 volt ac fuse for the displays. next check voltages on cn5 6 pin connector on top left of board. pin 1 is ground, pin 3 is -100volts dc, pin 4 is +100volts dc, pin 6 is 5 volts dc, pins 2 & 5 are not used. both 100 volt readings are needed for displays. if 1 of them is missing check for cracked solder connections on connector pins and components. in the manual page 41 shows the board layout and schematic. if you dont have the manual download and printout manual on pinball database site, to troubleshoot high voltage circuits.

Thanks for the reply. The fuse looked good but I did not meter it out because I am unsure what setting to use. The pins on cn5 connector were all dead no voltage on any of them which makes me wanna believe that the fuse is blown. Gonna run to autozone and hopefully they have that fuse.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: chadchad has left the room.
      Back