Time Machine (Data East, 1988) VP8

VP8 Data East SS Recreation Time Machine (Data East 1988) v5.0

No permission to download
Solid State Machines

jpsalas

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Sunday! New release! I even survived my birthday (yesterday) :)

This time is "Time Machine", here it is to all who asked for this table.
Thanks to all who sent me tips and pictures.

As you can see I have not used decals on the ramps to make them transparent. Just now are plain VP ramps. I have been more concerned about playability and ball flow than graphics.

As all my tables is is completely angle independant, so if you don't like this angle, a very wide one, then just change it.

I haven't been able to test the table very much. I made the chimes myself and I think they sound a little too high. But it's all a matter of taste and adjust the volume :)

Enjoy the table, and feel free to report any bugs, tips, remarks or just comments.

JP

Happy birthday JP......quite a birthday present......FOR US!

Damn you're getting good.....your every new table is better than the previous one....

Thanks!
I get a lot of tips on how to improve the tables, like flipper settings (to aim better and to avoid the ball trough bug) and so on.

Still I have a lot of to learn, just take a look at the beta pictures of the Eala's work on Jokerz. I tried to make an overlay to make the ramps transparent, but I ended with standard ramps. Maybe later.

Now I have seen the limitations of VP, and how other authors go around to make things work, so I'll take a little break in making tables just to learn a few things. Mostly transparent ramps and objects, and how to add lights to make "night tables", I use photoshop for this, but does anyone know of a better program to add lights? Like a render program, or a pluging to photoshop. I do not wish to learn 3D Studio just to add a light.

ps: My wife gave me a new tv for my birthday: a 37" LCD from JVC! Wow! I have a PC connected to it to see movies and play some games. Thats a big screen! Well, I won't bore you with my life, :)

JP

jpsalas said:
Thanks!
so I'll take a little break in making tables just to learn a few things. Mostly transparent ramps and objects, and how to add lights to make "night tables",
JP

great and very nice release jp :D
I am afraid when you say "night tables"
dark tables = :chainsaw: and bad gameplay for me :angel:

I do not like "dark tables" either, that's why I want to add some light to them.
Take this Time Machine, the same graphics, but with some light added under the plastics, that I think it would be nice. it would make the plastics come out a little better, I mean you could see better the 3D effect of the table.
I like tables with light backgrounds like the ones in the 70's, and many other modern tables. I tried to add some light in Speakeasy, but you nearly can't see it, well that was the meaning. The playfield was very dark and with some light became a little better. I'll need to experiment more with photoshop to add this effects without destroying the picture.

JP

Wooooo!

Thank you. Thank you!

I played this game all the time at Bally's Great Escape at the mall where I grew up.

Thank you so much. I've been asking around for this every so often for a few years now.

Thank you also to Joep (for doing the original), Mr. Hide (for taking the pics and sending them to me), and to Destruk (for sending you the pics and putting in the good word).

!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't mind the ramps. I'm just happy to play it again with all the bells, whistles, graphics, etc. You've made this 35-year old little boy happy!

time_machine.png

Hi!

I have updated and uploaded the table.

Fixed:
- Sounds reduced to 25% to match the VPM sound/music.
- Fixed bug with the missing Msg variable

I'm happy you all like the table.
I made some changes to the original, like:
the ramps (not transparent),
the back panel lights (they are on the backdrop, they were too small on the back panel),
the chimes (I made them myself, so the pitch may not be the right ones),
the lights ans flashers in the middle of the table (the letters 1960, 1970... I guess they should light up, instead there is a light under them)

JP

Thank you,jpsalas and congratulations a bit late. :thumright:

Time Machine pics

Attachments

• 100_2161.jpg
    100_2161.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 661
  • 100_2160.jpg
    100_2160.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 669
  • 100_2159.jpg
    100_2159.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 670
jpsalas said:
Thanks for the pictures, ValamirCleaver.

You're welcome.

Tom

I have updated this table to version 1.2

New in this version:

- Adjusted flipper strengh and angle for better physics.
- Adjusted lower Right Ramp, reduced speed and now it hits the rightinlane.
- Added missing upper right gate

JP

Updated the t able to version 1.3

New in this version:

- New ball lock to get rid of a slow down/choppiness when 2 balls are locked.

JP

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Wolfkell is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back