Site Nudger
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Drop-A-Card
From http://marvin3m.com/topcast/

[FONT=verdana,arial,helv,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Wednesday April 30, 9pm E.S.T. 2008 (8pm Chicago, 7pm Denver, 6pm LA):
Duncan Brown of Williams/Bally will be on TOPcast. What can I say about this one! Duncan is certainly one of the more colorful people that worked in the pinball industry. As a pinball operator in the early 1980s in Virgina, Duncan made his own pinball machine. He took a Williams Time Warp, reverse engineering Williams 6802 system6 pinball software, and turned it into his `Chief Bank-A-Flip Galactic Poker Dice`, a pinball machine with 25 drop targets. He also created his own video game `Alien Arena`, by reverse engineering Williams' Stargate/Defender vide game platform. Duncan is also working on a pinball backglass book, documenting the artwork for all flipper pinballs from 1947 to present. But wait, there's more! Duncan worked at WMS as an assembly language slot machine programmer, and then moved to the pinball division for Pinball 2000 and Star Wars Episode1. Duncan also talks about the closing of Williams Pinball and all the associated conspiracy theories. Join us on TOPcast for surely one of our more `colorful` interviews.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helv,helvetica][SIZE=-1]:clap:
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Good interview. Fun to think about the guy going around and setting up photos (you could hear his camera's shutter going off and the film advancing) during the interview. Clay is a really good interviewer and asks most of the questions I want to know about. I just wish Topcast had a feedback section. It would be nice to communicate with him and get a discussion going about the shows. He deserves that--a little hype surrounding the shows to get others interested.

Good interview. Fun to think about the guy going around and setting up photos (you could hear his camera's shutter going off and the film advancing) during the interview. Clay is a really good interviewer and asks most of the questions I want to know about. I just wish Topcast had a feedback section. It would be nice to communicate with him and get a discussion going about the shows. He deserves that--a little hype surrounding the shows to get others interested.
Folks used to be able to call in with questions but perhaps they discontinued that.
[FONT=verdana,arial,helv,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
Another show tonight!
Wednesday June 4 at 9pm E.S.T. 2008
(8pm Chicago, 7pm Denver, 6pm LA):
Michael Schiess, the man from Lucky JuJu in San Francisco, will be on TOPcast. Like the Pinball Hall of Fame (Las Vegas), Lucky JuJu is a 501c3 non-profit that operates vintage pinball machines. Michael Schiess is the currator, and opens his doors just Friday and Saturday nights for play on their 35+ restored vintage pinballs games. Admission is one flat fee for all-you-can-play pinball. But there`s a lot more to Lucky Ju Ju than just that. Michael also has a `mini JuJu` (an aluminum camping trailer) outfit with pinball machines, which he takes on the road to shows and fairs in Northern California. And Lucky JuJu is also a showcase for local artists. Over 40 art shows have been held at the JuJu, with art displayed amoung the pinball machines, over the last six years.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

I'm almost an hour into #60's interview. It's very good.

So I'm aware of the call-in type shows, but those are really for pinball owners with tech questions. I still think the show's web site should support commenting. Anyway, I've e-mailed the host twice just to tell him how much I like the show. No response back, but that's fine.

I misplaced Topcast's RSS feed and unfortunately, they don't promote it on their site. They only promote their iTunes feed. Can someone post the RSS feed? Thanks.

Thanks for the information, I attempted to add this into the original rss news module on this site and everything broke...:shaking:

I've deleted that module and added another version and got stuff working, new news from Pinball News and TOPcast should show up on the home page!

I'm trying to figure out why the mp3 links don't work in my Firefox but are fine with IE but here's a link to the TOPcast category:
http://www.pinballnirvana.com/module-tRSSNews-view-option-viewfeed-fid-2.html

News Items are now posted as threads in the forums, enjoy!
The .mp3 links for TOPcast don't work in my Firefox but do in IE, need to fix that.

Attachments

• h10.gif
    h10.gif
    35.8 KB · Views: 325
  • hooters.gif
    hooters.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 166
  • 3950316witch2su7.gif
    3950316witch2su7.gif
    22.9 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back