xenonph

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Congo
So I am in the process of updating my Pink Panther Sound Mod to a newer version of the table released by the original table author Bord.
All was going well, until I accidently added a space at the end of the name of a timer object.
I kept getting errors no matter what I changed in the script. (Been struggling with this problem all day!)
It kept naming my timer, and saying Variable Undefined in the error message.
Then I went to rename one of the timer objects, (Because I had already tried everything else!). and noticed when I clicked on name with mouse to change it, the cursor wasn't blinking right next to the name, but one space over.
It had a blank space at end of name!

:userfriendly:
One little wrong misplacement of a character, even an invisible space , and it all goes down the tubes!

I felt I needed to share this with everyone! lol
It was not easy to find what was causing this error.
What threw me off, was the Timer name still turned green like it was not a naming problem, but I could not call the Timer.
Maybe this info will help the next person who accidently adds a space to the end of a timer object name? lol

Possibly an artifact caused by working with an older VPX table in a newer version..?

Possibly an artifact caused by working with an older VPX table in a newer version..?
Negative.
When I add my timer objects names, after typing in the name, I always hit the space bar, and then the backspace key, otherwise the names change back to the generic default name they had before, for some reason.
I guess I missed a backspace on it!

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      xenonph @ xenonph: @oilpainter27 find here...
      Back