sleepy

Pinball Wizard
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Titanic Hospital
Hi folks,

I received permission from Mrhide to upload the cyBORG and Mrhide VPM version of Rollergames 0.83 Beta, except I uploaded the table.zip and screenshot to the _Pinball Machines upload folder because... the pulldown selector on the upload page only showed _Pinball Machines, _Pinball Machines Music and Future Pinball-related folders.

I am assuming that the uploads completed successfully, but after opening the VPM Q-T page, then clicking the Add Download link, only then did I see the VPM options in the pulldown selector.

Anyway, can you verify that the table and screenshot have arrived and please move them to the appropriate VPM Q-T folder?

Upvote 0
Hello sleepy,

The upload didn't go through, you should have received some sort of confirmation message and it could take some time if it's a large file. It sounds like you might not of been logged in although the upload still should have worked. Users that are not logged in and upload files have to get the files verified and don't see all of the options.

I'd give it another try.

Sleepy, since you are on dial-up i would volunteer to do the upload for you.

I have DSL and it would only take a minute.

Just say if you want me to and i get to it,...

I looked for Rollergames on my hard drive and couldn't find it...

I received permission from Mrhide to upload the cyBORG and Mrhide VPM version of Rollergames 0.83 Beta, except I uploaded the table.zip and screenshot to the _Pinball Machines upload folder because... the pulldown selector on the upload page only showed _Pinball Machines, _Pinball Machines Music and Future Pinball-related folders.
I have a new theory about this and now believe that you were logged in, it appears that the category selection depends on which one you are browseing when you hit the Add Download link! You should see all of the categories if you hit the Add Download link from this page (while logged in):
http://www.pinballnirvana.com/UpDownload.html

The link you posted redirects directly to the frontpage, John,...

Oh well...
My problem is that the upload page requires a Homepage URL and a description of "my website".
I've tried uploading 3 times today and the first time after 20-30 minutes of uploading
it came back with "Error. You need to type a URL for your URL".
So I tried again by typing "n/a" in the Homepage box, then after another 20-30 minutes of uploading, it came back with an "Error. You need to type a HTTP for your URL" message.
Okay, so I try again and I entered www.vpforums.com as 'a Homepage'. I would have used www.pinballnirvana.com except I didn't want to be rejected for being "from the same domain". Then after another 30 minutes of uploading, it came back with an "Error. You need to type a description for your URL" message.
I wish it would keep the upload files while I correct the error(s) instead of deleting them. Much faster on dial-up that way.

Hey Phoenixx. It's your turn. :)

Alright,... i will do it tomorrow,...

Oh well...
My problem is that the upload page requires a Homepage URL and a description of "my website".
I've tried uploading 3 times today and the first time after 20-30 minutes of uploading
it came back with "Error. You need to type a URL for your URL".
So I tried again by typing "n/a" in the Homepage box, then after another 20-30 minutes of uploading, it came back with an "Error. You need to type a HTTP for your URL" message.
Okay, so I try again and I entered www.vpforums.com as 'a Homepage'. I would have used www.pinballnirvana.com except I didn't want to be rejected for being "from the same domain". Then after another 30 minutes of uploading, it came back with an "Error. You need to type a description for your URL" message.
I wish it would keep the upload files while I correct the error(s) instead of deleting them. Much faster on dial-up that way.

Hey Phoenixx. It's your turn. :)

Hi sleepy, Thanks for trying but i need to explain the method you tried to use.

<table width="100%"><tbody><tr><td> File link:
</td></tr> <tr><td>or</td></tr> <tr><td>Page URL:
+
Filesize:</td></tr></tbody></table>
You need to use the File Link method (Leave the Page URL blank) and browse to the file on your computer! The Page URL method needs an http address where the file is stored on the web, it also needs a file size filled out. It will never work if the file doesn't exist at the address that you type in, that method should be avoided and please note that it actually does not upload anything to PN, it just points to a file on the web.

All of the fields at the bottom " Homepage:" are optional and are not required, hope that helps, i also wanted to inform that files can be uploaded as attachments in these forums, if needed.

:salut:

Last edited:
Ah, but I did upload from the file link, not the hyperlink URL.
The last couple of times I tried uploading, I clicked the Windows connection icon and watched as the "Sent" byte count counted up to 6.3Mb. (the size of the uploads), so the files were uploaded, then rejected when I received "the errors".
When I tried it the first time yesterday, I also used the file link and screenshot uploads and left everything blank except the gamename and authors entries (cyBORG and Mrhide) and the version entry.

Yeah sleepy, it sounds like the program was trying to upload a file from your computer and also from a site at the same time, you shouldn't ever see
Homepage URL and a description of "my website
errors while using the File link option. I'll see if I can duplicate the problem.

This is how I filled out the upload page and I still get a (sic) "You need to
add a description for your URL!" message.

Do I need to clear the default "http://" from the Homepage window?

Also, is there a size limit for images and tables?
Maybe I'm getting the wrong error message and it's the screenshot size (or table size?) that is the problem?

Attachments

• Upload.jpg
    Upload.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 493
Do I need to clear the default "http://" from the Homepage window?
That may be the problem but it could also be the Program Name name containing a ".zip", it should be Rollergames, everything else looks fine.

edit: just noticed there is no description, I don't believe it's required but I'll try and find out.

Last edited:
Yep, yesterday I used "Rollergames" as the program name.

Well, it was either the missing description, the "http://" in the Homepage textarea (I removed it), or the file size of the screenshot, or you did some background magic, but it's now up.

I'm not happy with the cut-down screenshot, so if the attachment version is acceptable, can you please replace the one on the download page with this one?

EDIT: Well, the original screenshot @506Kb file size uploaded successfully, so it must be one of the other reasons...?????????

Phoenixx, I didn't mean to take your place. I went ahead and uploaded the table to figure out why it wasn't uploading.

Attachments

• Rollergames.jpg
    Rollergames.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 496
Last edited:
Thanks sleepy, I do believe the problem was with the "http://" in the Homepage textarea", I replaced the screenshot and the description but you should be able to edit the file.

:fruitdance:

Phoenixx, I didn't mean to take your place. I went ahead and uploaded the table to figure out why it wasn't uploading.
Thats alright.

It was half past midnight when i posted and i wanted to go to bed, otherwise i would have done it right away,...

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: GotBrawndo is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back