Visual Install Pack problems

Stingy

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Southpark
Just installed the VIP and everything seemed fine. Got the roms and tables in the right folder, 3 tables have loaded fine but cant seem to get the games started. Almost seems like VIP doesnt reconize my keyboard but it does when I change button commands...Ive tried everything. Been messing with Mame files for years....startin to feel stupid. Im runnin Vista Home Premium 32 on a more than adaquate system. I have installed and loaded the roms and tables exactly as described in the read me file, like I said, Ive tried everything but hopefully I'm missing something simple....any ideas???

Last edited:
Ok...everything is good now, right-clicked the VP short-cut and chose run as administrator, could have sworn I tried that before, anyway that took care of everything. Hopefully this post might help out someone else so I'll leave it up even though I did read that on a post in here eariler, awesome program.

Surprising how often that turns out to be the problem.....lucky for me, I run XP, which lumps Administrator and Current User into one blob of protoplasm, making conscious selection unnecessary.

GSG

Last edited:
eep. i could be wrong, but the VIP installer looks many years old based on the upload date.

So, Ike; You ARE one of the knights who say EEP! :smileyvike:

When I trolled the archives recently, I came across some intent to include VP9 in Visual Install Pack, but apparently that didn't work out; VIP has been VP8-only for all of my not-quite-seven years. I guess I need to find where I left off in the archives.....

NEEK/NEEP/NEE/NI/Whatever!

Last edited:
What is your system specification? Maybe this happened due to your system is missing some driver or may not have specification as per requirements of the game.

I know but I've been keeping all the versions since the time they were released and that is the only one I'm missing, I have been looking for it for some time through lots of sites but I haven't found it anywhere, by the way, thank you for making the whole install process so simple with your V.I.P.s

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back