Electro-Mechanical Machines

davidsss

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Hi All

I have finished Gottlieb Volley, hopefully I've found all the bugs, and uploaded to IRPinball so it should be available when they get time to put it in the main list.

This was my first reproduction where I corrected the perspective on the playfield pic so that added a new challenge. I'm not sure if the shot to the top of the table is meant to be very hard, but it is on my reproduction which makes Volley quite challenging.

The rules are a bit quirky so check the release notes which come with the table for a more thorough explanation. I think I've got them right but am open to correction on some aspects of the rules.

This is the first time I've tried reels for images - I used them for the backglass images for Ball in Play, 100,000 etc. This was remarkably easy and the reels seem to look and work well although I'm still in 2 minds about whether to use graphic reels on the playfield.

Lastly, thanks go to a lots of people, see the table. One mention here: thanks to Mr Hide for the pics and the rules of the table. Wouldn't have happened without you

The table file comes with required fonts, a screenshot, flyer and release notes.

Enjoy . . . and stay tuned for my next effort!

DS

Attachments

• volley_screenshot.jpg
    volley_screenshot.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 665
Last edited by a moderator:
ThankYou!

Added to IRPinball and it looks wonderful!

It's great to see someone get so good so quickly. Wonder if it's something in the water over in OZ?

John

We're just all naturally talented over here ;)

Just wait 'til you see my next project John, I think you'll like it. It might come out a bit quicker now that I don't have time for a coffee while the old steam driven computer works out how to move a control point.

DS

davidsss said:
We're just all naturally talented over here ;)

Just wait 'til you see my next project John, I think you'll like it. It might come out a bit quicker now that I don't have time for a coffee while the old steam driven computer works out how to move a control point.

DS

Since you make EMs, I would imagine I'll like most anything you release. I appreciated the thank you on-screen, but I think JPH should be given a bit more recognition than he receives. Whatever I do is seen by everyone, but besides footing the bills here, Jon maintains the internal goings on here, as well as maintaining the IRPinball downloads. He does a lot of tiresome grunt work and I for one really appreciate everything he does.

John

PS: So if I move to OZ, I change from a no-talent bum into an artist? Hmm.

We are talking the land of OZ here, dreams do come true ;) Now if we could only lose our Prime Minister and his government things would be much better!

I'll put Jon down on later machines as running IRPinball must be quite a job. It was the first VP site I found and it is fabulous, especially as it caters to my era of pins. By the way Jon - nice name, I like a bit of Hendrix at 11 on the volume knob.

DS

davidsss said:
We are talking the land of OZ here, dreams do come true ;) Now if we could only lose our Prime Minister and his government things would be much better!

I'll put Jon down on later machines as running IRPinball must be quite a job. It was the first VP site I found and it is fabulous, especially as it caters to my era of pins.

DS

If I could I'd trade you your PM for Bush, Maybe they'd both get lost and solve all our problems.

John

That's a tough trade to contemplate - I might just take Bush as he's dumber and as a result might do less damage (or more, that's scary). Could we just send both of them somewhere out of the way, say, Mars, or even better Venus, nice and hot.

DS

Found a small problem in the script so I will update this table soon. MrHide also seems to be having trouble with playfield lights so I'd appreciate it if others could tell me if they are having the same problem - I don't know what it is. I will release version 1.1 probably tomorrow (Friday Oz time) with these small fixes if I don't hear of anyone else having trouble with the playfield lights.

DS

The job is good and amusing.
It can be improved rendering the images of bumpers and the targets clearer.
As an example for the targets the effect of the attached photo is had.
Saluti dall'Italia.
Furio

Attachments

• ss_106.jpg
    ss_106.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 586
That's a thought Furio but I wouldn't do them quite tht light - I reckon they're too light in that screenie. I actually lightened them from the original but you are probably correct in that they could be lightened some more.

The whole top of the table is a bit dark but I quite like it! The bumpers are a bit dark but they have a nice quality of being lightly lit when you get then lit which I also like - I think I'll leave the bumpers alone but I might lighten up the targets a bit. Both the targets and the bumpers are taken from quite dark pics whereas the playfield is a daytime shot and as such a bit lighter.

I will be releasing an update when I know if my interpretation of the rules is correct (See release thread on VPF for a discussion about this). There is also a small error in the script and I've made the match number lights easier to read.

DS

Hey, my friend and occasional nemesis, David, NICE JOB! And it's about time someone rec'd this table! Thanks so very much!

I cannot help a lot you because I have not never played with Vollei.
I have seen the flyer.
I read: Score Top rollovers change value of drop targhets (from 500 to 5000).
I interpret that to the passage of the ball in the top rollover, the color nameplates correspondent must give 5000 points if they are hit.
I read: Hitting all drop Targets lights two rollovers alteranatly for special scoring.
Hitting all the targets one alteranatly to illuminate special on one of rollover lateral (the Blue and the green) and I imagine for the rollover yellow lit the light from 5000.
I imagine that to every rollover a bumper corresponds that it lit to the passage of the ball in rollover
To every new ball the special and bonus they would have to be extinguished
That is to every new ball it would have to be left again with the same conditions begins them.
With the tilt the ball in game would have to be only lost.
Famous with it appeal to that you have adopted for the lights the method from me introduced in Auto Race . In effects they are walls and not lights.
Perhaps for this reason Mr Hide did not succeed to find them.
I hope that these considerations you turn out useful.
Saluti dall'Italia.
Furio

Thanks for the suggestins Furio - actually the special definitely stays on for the next ball - MrHide owns a Volley and he says they stay on. This table is a bit quirky in it's rules. I would have assumed a number of differences in the rules if no-one who owns the machine had been available to ell me what they are. Both the rule card and the flyer give really incomplete rules which is quite frustrating.

When I have the remaining questions about the rules worked out I will be doing an updated release.

Meanwhile I might just start another table!

DS

Just a short note to say, if you haven't followed the rules debate on this table at VPF, I will be releasing a much easier version in the next day or so where the rules are correct. From my end it has been total confusion trying to nail down all the rules.

DS

Thanks for the engagement in your job.
When you succeed to catch up your objective, the satisfaction will repay you for your hard work.
Saluti dall' Italia.
Furio

See the new thread on the new version Furio - I think you'll be able to see the targets a bit better too!

DS

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze: Ok, keep in touch!
      Back