VP is Flawed - FP is far superior technology

Looks like these shenanigans will keep people busy until the domain goes un-registered or the site comes back. Seemingly there is now a deadline of 25th of August 2010.

The McD

pete and shiva make excellent arguments for continuing to track down AJ, but again, i'm not sure who's actually up for it.

i don't think anyone can say that after eight years of running our pinball site that there is disrespect towards AJ the individual for trying to obtain his thoughts on the matter.

i had to deal with the death of my mother last year and at my worst moment i wasn't offended by anybody who contacted me and wondered "where did you go?"
i was always free to ignore them or respond with "none of your godamn business", after all.

anyway, finding out this stuff is probably the most basic of detective work that any investigator has ever had to laugh at, but apparently we pinball people are not very good at it. :(

Then I'm wasting my time with a crappy AGP nv5500!!

Maybe, maybe not. I was able to get about 40-50fps out of most tables with my 6200 (with all graphics options at the lowest settting, of course), and that was even with an old Pentium III CPU.

Well, I _can_ get ok framerates with some tables (at lowest settings) but have you tried 3 Angels on your P III? Try it out and have a laugh at the result!!! Great table, though - and the sound is awesome.

Well, I _can_ get ok framerates with some tables (at lowest settings) but have you tried 3 Angels on your P III?

No I haven't as I only collect recreations that have been done in FP. If there is a VP table, then I don't bother with it but some recreations are only found in FP.

well arcangel 3 angels IS an FP table from what I hear it is a damn good one too, but FP doesn't run at all on my computer (and I like the ball physics in FP better anyways)

well arcangel 3 angels IS an FP table

You misunderstood what I wrote. I don't collect FP original tables, I only collect FP RECREATED tables that haven't been made in VP.

Now, if Trigon were to be re-made as an FP table, then I'd have to make an exception to my collection rule. :)

You misunderstood what I wrote. I don't collect FP original tables, I only collect FP RECREATED tables that haven't been made in VP.

Now, if Trigon were to be re-made as an FP table, then I'd have to make an exception to my collection rule. :)

Keep dreaming on that one.

Oy vay! I give up....

Maybe you don't know what a Recreated table is, by our defintion.... It is a real pinball table that was once manufactured by a pinball company and has now been emulated. Three Angels is not a Recreation.... Oy vay!

:cheers:

TheGyruss is the Gyruss arcade game recreated as a pinball, you should check it out sometime AA...;)

:D

Oy vay!

worth.gif

OK, just for you bob...a snapshot of the very rare TheGyruss pinball prototype, one of the few concept pinballs ever conceived by Konami. ;)

Attachments

• gyrussk.jpg
    gyrussk.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 429
That's nice Steve! Can I find this to download under the G's in Pinball Recreations here at PN?

Back to the post that started this page, David Foley is a filthy liar! :oops:
Okay... that's probably a little strong. But I fired up FP the other day and, while I'll admit that the visuals are outstanding, it seems impossible to get a single view that really works well on it and shows off all the bells and whistles (the ball-tracking thing is completely unnecessary). The only way I've found for the approximation of a good view is to dick around with the "free view", guess at the best angle, and hope I don' hit the mouse while I'm playing. And, as bad as tilt physics are, I played a table the other day that was listing to the left. At first, I thought it was supposed to be part of the game... but, no, everything was just leaning to the left.

Superior technology? All right, Mr. Foley's not a liar :D It is superior technology, but it's execution if flawed far more that VP. (BTW, just thought I'd throw the Creeps song in there, 'cause it's soooo cool! Give a listen, JPH!

Attachments

• Creeps - 01 - Down At The Nightclub.mp3
    4.7 MB · Views: 340
I'm not up to speed anymore, are there still people designing FP games, or have they been replaced by a robot by now?

That's nice Steve! Can I find this to download under the G's in Pinball Recreations here at PN?

You can't now either, try 'T'..in something original, layout and all that...to be slightly updated soon, no not round rubbers or gay faceted posts or a graphic toilet plunger, just slightly better gameplay..;)

You can't now either, try 'T'..in something original, layout and all that...to be slightly updated soon, no not round rubbers or gay faceted posts or a graphic toilet plunger, just slightly better gameplay..;)

Are you calling JPSalas gay?

:cheers:

gee I thought I was going insane as I also played a fp pin that listed to the left
I tried everything but to no avail it still leaned!
and drove me nuts trying to find out how a computer program
could make a virtual pin lean to the left like that actually affecting ball play
give me VP any day!

I like both VP and FP tables !

VP has really cool tables and so does FP. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back