Solved VP6 crashes after exiting a table

Clsx

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Black Knight
Hi

I've downloaded VP6 from here ;

and put the non expire exe in my VP folder,in order to play old vp1~vp6 tables I have

VP6 itself runs fine , I can start and run tables normally , but when I exit the table and return to editor it crashes immediately ,giving the standard (this program illegal operation and shut don ...) error

I'm on a 7+years old Windows 8 64 bit pc , but I can run newer VP versions 8 ,9,X without such issue (except some slowdowns on heavy VPX tables)

Anyone has any idea on this ?

Thanks

Solution
I think it's due to the XP SP2 bug. VP7 was released in order to avoid this problem.
As you have a lot of VP7 version, take an nonexpiring one (as VPinball 0.7.7012 VP 7alpha5 unexpiring).
I think it's due to the XP SP2 bug. VP7 was released in order to avoid this problem.
As you have a lot of VP7 version, take an nonexpiring one (as VPinball 0.7.7012 VP 7alpha5 unexpiring).

Solution

Thanks , do you have a link to that version ?

Yes...

Attachments

• VPinball 0.7.7012 VP 7alpha5 unexpiring.zip
    553.9 KB · Views: 19
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Killabot has left the room.
      Back