VPF Cna't pull up for a week!!

No I'm not having any problems with VPF, at least not since I fixed the issues with my dial-up connection.

John

John I never had any problems pulling it up. Could
you please tell me what issues you had? I'll
try anything at this point...

thanks

marc

Marc, not being tech minded, this might not make much sense, but here goes. For a few days to a week, I was having trouble getting connected to Juno, and once connected, I would lose the connection for no obvious reason. I seldom stayed connected for more than 15 minutes.

Then a few days ago a friend came over a installed one of those phone jacks that run off your electrical wiring. Since I have a small apartment, the phone installer from when I had first moved in said one of those jacks should work fine.

Anyway, after that phone jack was hooked up, I would lose my connection while Juno was verifying my ID and Password. So I disconnected the phone line from the jack and began using the long wire running from the Installed phone jack back to my computer. I now have a stable connection again.

Part of my problem might be that I unhook my connection at the Installed phone jack whenever I have to clean the apartment, and I guess I don't always get a good solid connection when I hook it back up. Right now my dial up connection is as good as it has even been.

John

I'm on DSL and I wasn't able to connect to VPF the other night (my time). Maybe it was down or overcrowded :-)

Its a VPF server problem I'm pretty sure.

Today I can barely get to VPF but it fails
loading the main page.

After reading the AJ fixed the server
problem thread in the main page, I think
that the "keep your fingers crossed" part
is just that and probably others are having
issues getting in as well.

Could someone contact VPF and tell them
about this. Im curious if its my ISP or a
VPF serever problem...

marc

Went down today was working fine yesterday

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back